Poll: You May Have Either £1,000,000 or a TARDIS Key

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
ok, riddle me this, imagine you found out that time lords and tardises exist! but, as in the show, the odds of ever meeting one are more or less zero, now imagine you had a chance to own your very own tardis key! no tardis, just the key, but tardis keys still have pretty funky potential for time lord awesomeness, alternatively, you could have £1,000,000 ($1,500,000) how did this decision come to present itself to you? i dunno, it just did

personally, i love doctor who and think having a tardis key would be frickin' awesome, but god knows what i'd do with it, so i'd probably just take the money

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I'd go for the money.

Sure the TARDIS would be awesome to go travelling around in, but the chances of actually encountering one in my lifetime is not very high.

I'd rather take the million and spend it slowly (I think I worked out that £1 million is about as much as someone would make with a job that gives £30k a year, so if I don't go crazy it should last a while)

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
The money. Even assuming you could somehow find and acquire your very own TARDIS, i doubt any of us have the ingenuity to escape the plethora of crazy situations that the Doctor finds himself in. It might be thrilling to shake hands with Churchill or meet aliens, but chances are you'd end up dead before day's end, if we're to believe crazy scenarios are a common occurrence during time and space travel.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
TARDIS key.

The chance for ultimate power surpasses petty materialism.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'll take the money please. Sure it's just a key but I pretty sure some alien/ monster or whatever will want it so I will be attracting troubles onto myself. I like my boring life the way it is and the running attics and saving the worlds is bad for my heart.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Good god the money no questions.

[sub]I also own the TARDIS key anyway[/sub]

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Gralian said:
The money. Even assuming you could somehow find and acquire your very own TARDIS, i doubt any of us have the ingenuity to escape the plethora of crazy situations that the Doctor finds himself in. It might be thrilling to shake hands with Churchill or meet aliens, but chances are you'd end up dead before day's end, if we're to believe crazy scenarios are a common occurrence during time and space travel.
The Doctors companions never die and even if they do, like Rory, they tend to come back to life so that aspect really shouldn't matter. Though there is a good chance you could end up trapped in a parallel universe or having your mind tampered with or worse...Martha.

On topic, I'd take the money, because hey its a million pounds. The key would be nice but there is no guarentee that you ever get to ride in the TARDIS.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Catfood220 said:
Gralian said:
The Doctors companions never die and even if they do, like Rory, they tend to come back to life so that aspect really shouldn't matter. Though there is a good chance you could end up trapped in a parallel universe or having your mind tampered with or worse...Martha.

On topic, I'd take the money, because hey its a million pounds. The key would be nice but there is no guarentee that you ever get to ride in the TARDIS.
Aha yes but it doesn't explicitly say we'd get to travel around with our very own Doctor... so i was working on that.

Besides i was actually going on the fact we would eventually get our very own TARDIS cause otherwise... what's the point?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Tardis key hands down. I'd find the tardis after :3

You could teleport into the bank vaults and steal more than a million pounds.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Use the key to get into the Tardis then either sell it for more than a million pounds or use it rob banks or something.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Matthew94 said:
1 million then spend £200,000 on a hitman to kill and retrieve the key from whoever accepted it
Brilliant. I was thinking the same thing, but more along the lines of "what repercussions are there from me just punching the guy in the face and taking both?"

But your approach I wouldn't need to get my hands dirty :p

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
The money! Then I can move TimeLord down here and get our own house >.< And that's worth ten billion TARDIS keys ;D /soppy. [sub]But why would you need more than one...?[/sub]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
EeveeElectro said:
The money! Then I can move TimeLord down here and get our own house >.< And that's worth ten billion TARDIS keys ;D /soppy. [sub]But why would you need more than one...?[/sub]
D'awwwwwww :)

OT: The correct answer is a TARDIS key. Use TARDIS to make money and travel through time. Why is this even a question? :p

LawyerScumGhost

Mar 8, 2010
I think my answer is pretty obvious. Anyway, time travel = always knowing what stocks to buy and who wins the Super Bowl!

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
The money! Imagine owning the key and never stumbling across a TARDIS. That would really really suck.