Poll: You think anime should have thicker women(bigger asses and wider hips not just big boobs)

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Smithnikov said:
NPC009 said:
Also, by your logic Steven Spielberg is a total Hitler fan because he made movies that features Nazi characters.
Did he portray the Nazi's as almost comedically smarter, more capable, and more righteous than the Allies? Did he portray the Allies as hopelessly inept to the point of Japanese military vs Godzilla?
No, and neither do the anime you have in mind.

Not to mention what others have said before: the space opera shows and the like you mentioned only draw parallels between their bad guys and Nazi Germany. At most. In some cases it's just Germany. Or do you think Germany had no history up until the 1930's? Or that fiction is only every allowed to associate Germany with Nazi's? Don't you think that's rather insulting to Germany? Or do you fault writers for wanting to create villains that aren't just comically inept evil dudes?

Nov 9, 2015
PapaGreg096 said:
I said big asses, not skinny ones
Is this thicc?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler][img src="http://i.imgur.com/7hOdZTP.gif"][/spoiler]
[spoiler][img src="https://68.media.tumblr.com/6b915233e06da0a9ad629bf391a22de1/tumblr_inline_nggqygVjxi1sccsqj.gif"][/spoiler]

Nov 9, 2015
Smithnikov said:
Ain't my fault anime gushes about the Reich so much lately.
Let me think of anime recently that have some relation to the Third Reich.

GuP obviously, but the main characters had different tanks from different countries. They're the underdog that uses shitty tanks they found and repaired. The main antagonists were clearly the Nazi school, like in most sports anime, you can tell by their seriousness faces and lack of emotions, as well as them viewing natural talent as everything, and their inability to understand friendship and teamwork.

The Wind Rises, they had Nazis in it, but they were scary and racist, and the scenes in Germany were dark and ominous.

HaiFuri had the Graf Spee, but they were the enemies.

Sora no Woto had the main cast wearing Nazi uniforms, but it's a post apocalyptic world and the enemies are actually the former territories of Germany, I think. Well that's my theory anyways. Really has nothing to do with Nazis at all.

I think that's it for this decade, no gushing about the Third Reich, unless you mean this of course.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Smithnikov said:
Probably not, but fans of them or sympathizers...I find it hard to believe they aren't.
Given the posts you have ignored that have already debunked your claims, I choose to respond to this circular logic thusly:

Where do you think those scumbags got the Rules 1 and 2 from? Where do you think the term "Special Snowflake" got turned into a pejorative?

brucethemoose

Jul 13, 2017
Shouldn't y'all, you know, make a separate thread?

"Nazism in Anime" or something.

Instead of proving Godwin's law over and over, just let this thread die or continue with the original topic.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
brucethemoose said:
Instead of proving Godwin's law over and over, just let this thread die or continue with the original topic.
I'm just morbidly curious as to how it was invoked in the bloody first place.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I live not only in the most Japanese area of Toronto but literally the riding in Ontario with the highest number of Japanese immigrants in the Provence and I've never met a Japanese woman who wasn't skinny with small bust and butt. Further Caucasians commonly have an anterior pelvic tilt, while Asiasn commonly have a posterior pelvic tilt. Anyways, I don't think these characters are like this to be exclusionary: I think they're like this because that's what Japanese people predominantly are like.

saphiren

Full diving
Jul 8, 2009
"Thicc" is a stupid meme and should die. Nothing wrong with big boobs and butts though, but always remember flat is justice.

Also holy fuck, Godwin's law all up in here.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
PapaGreg096 said:
Marik2 said:
Try Keijo

Smithnikov said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Leave it to the internet to turn a thread about big butts to a thread about Hitler. Page one, at that.
Yeah Japanese pop culture usually has German things in it like a person, uniform, name, weapon, or philosophy. It's probably cuz it's the only major European thing they've been exposed to ever since they were part of the Axis.

I do wonder if Germany has weeaboo stuff in their pop culture.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Marik2 said:
PapaGreg096 said:
Marik2 said:
Try Keijo

Smithnikov said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Leave it to the internet to turn a thread about big butts to a thread about Hitler. Page one, at that.
Yeah Japanese pop culture usually has German things in it like a person, uniform, name, weapon, or philosophy. It's probably cuz it's the only major European thing they've been exposed to ever since they were part of the Axis.
Actually, this most likely has more to do with German influence during the Meiji Restoration period (1868-1912). There was a lot of intellectual and cultural exchange between the two during this time period and the japanese took a lot of inspiration from Germany when reorganizing their institutes.

Marik2 said:
Well Germany does have largest japanese population in Europe (D?sseldorf) though I have no idea how much Japanese influence there is in German pop culture.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Zetatrain said:
Marik2 said:
PapaGreg096 said:
Marik2 said:
Try Keijo

Smithnikov said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Actually, this most likely has more to do with German influence during the Meiji Restoration period (1868-1912). There was a lot of intellectual and cultural exchange between the two during this time period and the japanese took a lot of inspiration from Germany when reorganizing their institutes.

Marik2 said:
Well Germany does have largest japanese population in Europe (D?sseldorf) though I have no idea how much Japanese influence there is in German pop culture.
I thought it was the Dutch that were the only ones allowed to trade with Japan during those eras.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Marik2 said:
I thought it was the Dutch that were the only ones allowed to trade with Japan during those eras.
That was during the Tokugawa shogunate Era (1603-1868) which ended with the beginning of the Meiji Restoration Era. Even during the Tokugawa shogunate era there were Germans employed by the Dutch East India company that traveled to Japan.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Zetatrain said:
Marik2 said:
That was during the Tokugawa shogunate Era (1603-1868) which ended with the beginning of the Meiji Restoration Era. Even during the Tokugawa shogunate era there were Germans employed by the Dutch East India company that traveled to Japan.
Though it should be noted that most foreigners were confined to Dejima, an artificial island originally build for Portugese traders. (Trade with the Portugese fell apart because they were too insistent on sending over missionaries to spread the Christan faith, who were in turn prosecuted by the Japanese. It was a bloody mess complete with uprisings of Japanese christians being violenty crushed by the Shogunate with the help of the Dutch) Most people only knew the Dutch from their knowledge that entered society through books and bits of technology. For instance, medical sciences were know as 'Dutch sciences' because it entered the country through Dutch books. Most people had no idea what Dutch people looked like, but only heard wild stories about them having weird hair colours like red and blond. Some old wood block prints and other art workds depict Dutchmen, but they're usually drawn to look very Japanese, because that's all what the artists knew.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
I don't know what the fuck is going on here but you guys need a different thread. This one should be about fat animu arses not some political wank.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I just went from a thread about how there are too little white people to a thread about fake girls' butts that turned into a debate about Nazism. The internet's fuckin crazy, man.