Poll: Your favorite future game from this list?

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Um...Duke Nukem?
And The games not on your list

Prey 2

Hitman Absolution

Fable Puppet Hack and Slash game thingy

Syphon Filter 4 (No Omega Strain does not count!)

Legacy Of Kain 6: The Scion of Balance

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
GethBall said:
Ummm...... none, they all sound meh.

Also the title of this thread I found misleading, I thought it would have been about your favourite game set in the future.

Also, I believe this topic has already been done to death already.
Thank you Mr.Geth. These all are terrible, and lets face it, most of these haven't even had a fucking trailer in any form yet, so none of these are really happening.

My most look forward to game coming out is Guild Wars 2, see how easy that was? Just pick a actual GAME next time instead of having a fan-orgasm all over the bed.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
laughinggod said:
These are all 10/10 badass ballin games, which one is your favorite? which one would you choose? if you get to play the one you chose in another month.
Um, none of the above? Those all sound terrible!

Well, okay, Elder Scrolls doesn't sound terrible, but I wouldn't say I'm pining away for it or anything. If I want ES goodness, I still have dozens of quests I could complete in Skyrim. That is, if I wasn't currently bored with Skyrim.

Still, even if I could, I wouldn't want to play Elder Scrolls 6 in a month. It'll probably be another year before I feel like playing an Bethesda title again.

So I did not vote. If you want my answer, it is Dragon Age 3.

Or Persona 5.

Or the insanely unlikely Xenogears Episode 6. But considering the creator has basically said he's upset and jaded with that series and has no plans to return to it... yeah, likely not happening.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Ooh, difficult one. I'd say it's about a tie between Warcraft 4 and Half-Life 3. HL3 seems a tad more likely.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Chester Rabbit said:
Um...Duke Nukem?
And The games not on your list

Prey 2

Hitman Absolution

Fable Puppet Hack and Slash game thingy

Syphon Filter 4 (No Omega Strain does not count!)

Legacy Of Kain 6: The Scion of Balance
you mean Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophesy?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/survey-says-new-legacy-of-kain-game-coming-5797

Also that list is incomplete, let me show you:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the version that Silicon Knights wanted to do before they had the right stolen. Alternatively:

Legacy of Kain (reboot) Since this is a series with time travel its easy to assume that other worlds and possibilities may appear for the writers and the developers to milk the series. I suggest that you combine the fast paced arcade action of Alien Soldier and then make sure you get Amy Hennings to do the writing again

Dungeon Keeper 3: War for the Overworld

Chakan: The Forever Man 2 (the one they were trying to make before the idea was reashed to become Blood Omen 2)

Thunder Force X

Tyrian 3000

One Must Fall 2098

Rise of the Triad: Scientology Edition

Blood 3: Caleb's new hat

Iji 2

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Fate Stay Night Edition - The Game (just think about it)

Deus Ex 2 (if we take out Invisible Wars in the canon then we could have a game per each of the 3 endings of the original game. Helios Edition, Dark Age Edition, Illuminaty Edition)

Painkiller: Minecraft Edition

Magicka: The Rest Of The Great Old Ones That We Didnt Kill On The Expansion Already.

Mischief Makers 2

Gunstar Heroes 2

Stretch Panic: The Full Game This Time

Killer8

Sacrifice 2

Splatterhouse 2 of the reboot of 2010

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'm ready for a new IP please.

The only one I 'might' pick from the list is Elder Scrolls 6. But I get bored of Bethesda games easily. There just aren't that many well-developed characters. Makes me feel like I'm exploring a world inhabited by retarded robots.

And Half Life 3 is going to suck. Think about it, when was the last time a sequel to a game came out with THAT MANY YEARS between the two, and the sequel actually turned out good. I can't think of a single game. And Valve's recent titles have been either crap or meh, in my opinion.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
The list is pretty meh overall.
Why did you resort the inventing games?
Are there not enough upcoming releases to warrant a place in the poll?
If I had to pick an title in development slated for a release in the near future, I'd probably pick Sly Cooper 4. I loved the PS2 trilogy.
Other than that, nothing is really getting me hyped.
With Dark Souls still providing entertainment, I doubt I'll want to play anything new for a while.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
None really...

Maybe the new Ratchet & Clank, if they go back to "Crack in Time" and away from "All 4 One".

Or perhaps Half-Life 3, but it's been so long since the last one came out, I can already envision what's gonna happen: the game is going to get released, I'm going to be excited, but eventually it'll take me a year and a half to finally buy it when I see it somewhere in a bargain bin.

Bleh...

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Yosharian said:
Fidelias said:
And Half Life 3 is going to suck. Think about it, when was the last time a sequel to a game came out with THAT MANY YEARS between the two, and the sequel actually turned out good. I can't think of a single game. And Valve's recent titles have been either crap or meh, in my opinion.
So your logic for HL3 sucking is that there has been quite a bit of time between the games. Right. Stupendous.
Yup, Duke Nukem Forever, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, The Old Republic and probably plenty other games are examples of this.

The thing is, not only does Valve have to write a story on par with Half-Life Episodes 1 and 2, but they also have to upgrade the physics and graphics while keeping the the feel of the Half Life world.

Valve did a decent job with Portal 2, but really, it's not like it required much effort. Throw in some Portal puzzles, throw in a few good jokes, and keep Glados sadistically hilarious, and you're done.

The story is where Half Life 3 is going to have the most trouble, and none of Valve's recent games have had ANY kind of emphasis on that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
What the heck is "The Impact: 4th noise"? Anyway from the list I guess I would go for Half- Life 3.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Karutomaru said:
Why aren't there any Wii titles on there?
I hope that was a joke. The Wii is almost over anyway.

Seriously none of you want to play the next Half life? or Elder Scrolls 6????? I question you sanity! or at least your taste.

blueb0g

Oct 9, 2010
Fidelias said:
Yosharian said:
Fidelias said:
So your logic for HL3 sucking is that there has been quite a bit of time between the games. Right. Stupendous.
Yup, Duke Nukem Forever, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, The Old Republic and probably plenty other games are examples of this.

The thing is, not only does Valve have to write a story on par with Half-Life Episodes 1 and 2, but they also have to upgrade the physics and graphics while keeping the the feel of the Half Life world.

Valve did a decent job with Portal 2, but really, it's not like it required much effort. Throw in some Portal puzzles, throw in a few good jokes, and keep Glados sadistically hilarious, and you're done.

The story is where Half Life 3 is going to have the most trouble, and none of Valve's recent games have had ANY kind of emphasis on that.
The gap so far is less than the gap between HL and HL2, and HL2 was one of the best games of all time. Valve probably haven't even been developing HL3/Ep3 for most of this time, they don't work like "normal" companies.