Poll: Your favorite open world/sandbox game of this gen ?

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
ok fellow escapists let us know what is your favourite open world/sandbox game of this gen is and why ?
as for me ive been playing sleeping dogs recently and its such an amazing game. though i really cant decide which i liked more sleeping dogs or GTA IV. then there's also AC2 which i really loved a lot. so vote for your favourite game in this genre and tell us why do you love that game so much

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I am extremely
EXTREMELY
Disappointed in you.
How on earth could you have a poll about so called open world/sandbox games without including minecraft?
Good heavens!

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Red Dead Redemption!
At last a Western game which is genuinely open-world and with an interesting story. Plus, as everyone knows I have an obsession with the old west so yeah... it's a no brainer for me.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Woah, what about Skyrim? Murdering dragons, scaling mountains, and stealing everything that isn't nailed down to the floor is the apex of open world gaming in my fine opinion.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Probably Skyrim (so other), just because I have all the games on the poll except Assassin's Creed (because I cannot get in to them or find them at all enjoyable), but have yet to play any of them. Well, played the beginnings of RDR and GTA4, but that's about as far as I got before I started playing something else.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
i couldn't have incuded all games in the poll hence the other option.
skyrim,fallout,etc lovers vote for the last option

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Gone for other.

Having a hard time picking one from New Vegas or Skyrim.

I love my mods and those 2 have some of the best and were easier for me to fiddle with as a modder myself.

Those in your list, while good games, don't give me the freedom I like to do anything I want.

thejarofdirt882

May 2, 2012
I'm going to cop out and vote Other.

There's a few of my favourite games in there which I will be loathe to pick between and so I'll go with... Uhhhhh Fallout 3? Yeah FO3.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
All of my top choices aren't on the list, so I voted Other.

Minecraft because of the hundreds of hours I've spent building and all the amazing fun times I had on my multiplayer server.

Skyrim because the world is so awesome and you can dualcast lightning like the frickin' galactic emperor.

Far Cry 3 because it's fun as hell to try to take over enemy bases without being detected.

deviltry

Nov 18, 2009
No one's mentioning Prototype series.

Fun varied combat with whole city as your playground.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Far Cry 3 is pretty wonderful. Also Skyrim. And Minecraft. And oh god just too many choices. Going with Other though, most of the ones that would be my actual choice are on that.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Of the available options, Just Cause 2 narrowly edges out Saints Row 3.

But I'd probably choose Skyrim. Or maybe Mount and Blade: Warband.

Dec 10, 2012
I know there are only 8 poll options, but this list feels sadly lacking. No Elder Scrolls. No Prototype. No InFamous. No Fallout. No Minecraft. These are all more sandboxy games than Arkham Asylum or Assassin's Creed. (My vote is for Skyrim, by the way, and InFamous 1 and 2 a close second.)

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Mount & Blade: Warband and Fallout New Vegas, easily. Though I had some fun with Oblivion too.
Mount & Blade can still throw something in my face I haven't discovered and I really like the aim and setting of that game, so I'll roll with it.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
InFamous 2, just loved the new city/venues/vibe of New Marais.
So....much fun to d*ck around.

Honorable mention: Amazing Spider-Man, got very close to Spider-Man 2 (PS2) type'o'fun.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Man, so many good sandbox games this gen. It's a tie between Infamous 2, Just Cause 2, and Far Cry 3. Honorable mentions to GTA, AC2, and Batman AC. I've also been meaning to try out Fallout soon, so we'll see how that goes.

MacSkops

Jan 13, 2013
deviltry said:
No one's mentioning Prototype series.

Fun varied combat with whole city as your playground.
Plus elbow-dropping tanks. Loved me some tanks.

I will say the Prototype series as well. The general idea of being able to become anyone and basically destroying anything is what won it for me.