Poll: Your favourite guitar...

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
GTwander said:
Latinidiot said:
I have a Ibanez JS1000
That + a 'hot hands' will make you a god.

Btw, are those fanned frets in the pic?
Yes, that's an 8 string with fanned frets, and I really want to own one. But really, only to play animals as leaders, you know of them?

Tony Schonewald

Sep 5, 2011
Yeah, really needs an "other" option. Ive either owned or spend alot of time with all of the options. But the best guitar I have used/owned is the PRS custom 24. Just does everything I need. However just to pick something from the pole, I do have my strat next to me just now. And it is my main writing tool.

Magic Muffin Man

Jul 20, 2009
Out of that list, I'd say my favorite would be the SG, that devil-horned pinacle of guitar technology, but it's not my favorite.

No, that would be the Fender Mustang, the choice of any self-respecting surf/garage guitarist. Empf.

Jul 13, 2010
GTwander said:
Thread fails to cater to Ibanez fans.

Also fails to acknowledge the value of nylon acoustic.
Classical acoustic is nylon acoustic

OT: I chose the fender tele. Perhaps its because I learnt to play on a tele, but other electric guitars tend either to feel a bit too flimsy, like the Gretsch I have, or too clunky, like my brother's Les Paul.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Well, ideally the best guitar for me would be a gold top Les Paul, with a bolt on neck, a Bigsby Tremolo and 2 P90's... since those are my favorite aspects of all guitars... though that kind isn't very common and I've never actually played one...<.<

So I'll go with the Fender Jazzmaster... the long scale neck makes it a bit hard to bend notes... especially since I use heavier strings... and the general width of the neck is a bit thin... but the longer neck gives it better bass response, which is the perfect with those lipstick pick ups, which already give you very beautiful glassy high and mids, gives it quite a nice range of sounds... even with just 2 pick ups... though the mid range output on the pick ups does weird stuff occasionally... but it doesn;t hurt to have a tremolo...<.<

Though out of all of the guitars that I actually own... oddly enough my favorite one is my 1960's Univox Hollowbody... well I think it's a univox... but it's frets are worn down to nothing, it's made out of ply wood, the wiring was done wrong and the action is extremely finicky... I have to constantly adjust the action... but it sounds amazing... I don;t even know why... it just sounds great...

Just such lush clean tones... especially the neck pick up... and blistering rock tone, just with a bit of gain... it's the perfect guitar for me... even if it plays like ass...<.<

Also the Teisco Spectrum 5... because look at that thing...<.<

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Some of the ones on Steve Vai's Guitar page [http://www.vai.com/steves-guitars/?nggpage=2] are awesome! The 3 headed one, and the one that looks like a flame... :p

But my favourite guitars ever are:

Seasick Steve's homemade guitars from cigar boxes or hubcaps! :p

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Lordmarkus said:
I'm the happy owner of Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster for about two months now and I couldn't be happier with it. I have never played such an easily played guitar ever and my playing have skyrocketed from once a month to daily. Of course that has something to do with me not busting my arse in school anymore.
Rose and Thorn said:
I have always loved the look of the Gibson SG when it comes to electric guitars, but for acoustic I am not picky.

The electric guitar I am playing now is a Fender Stratocaster. A very basic guitar I got from my aunts friend for free! Plays nicely though.
I fail to see how a Fender Stratocaster can be called "basic". Care to explain?
I unno... maybe it came with one pick up like the Hello Kitty guitar...<.<

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Magic Muffin Man said:
No, that would be the Fender Mustang, the choice of any self-respecting surf/garage guitarist. Empf.
I unno... Jaguars, Jazzmasters, Duo Sonics, Cyclones, and some strats are usually just as well... and we can't forget the Jagstang...<.<

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Magic Muffin Man said:
Out of that list, I'd say my favorite would be the SG, that devil-horned pinacle of guitar technology, but it's not my favorite.

Sorry, the pinnacle of "guitar technology", as far as SGs are concerned is the Dean Splittail.
Simply because it eliminates the issue of being neck-heavy. And it plays awesome.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009

Sorry but that Bass is just a dream to play and to look at in my opinion.

Any opinions on how the guitar version looks from the six stringers here?

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Pretty awful poll options tbh, though a poll is ridiculous in the first place. Far too many choices.

Anyway, fuck electric guitars, once you strip out the electrics they all sound the same. Acoustics is where it's at if you really want to pick favourites.

Mine's my Dad's Tanglewood. It plays like flowing water and sounds like a dream. I've specifically told my Dad that he's giving it to me in his will. :p

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I'm a bassist by trade and only use a guitar for writing, my guitar I have now is a Ibanez RG350EXZ but I do not like playing guitar.

Basses on the otherhand, I love 'em. Right now I play a Fender American Standard Jazz bass (which I'm sure most of you already know what it looks like) but if I could have any bass it would be a Warwick Corvette NT 2010, which looks absolutely stunning!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dr.Susse said:

Any opinions on how the guitar version looks from the six stringers here?
Sexeh... those are some of my favorite designed instruments... just really classy... even in six string form...<.<

Though I still prefer a Rickenbacker 4001... and it's 6 string equivalent...<.<

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
Bass. Specifically an early 50s Fender Precision bass.

However I'm currently after a Musicman Stingray 5

What can I say, I'm a fan of the classics.

Out of what's there though, I'd pick a Strat because that's the only kind I've played.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Sacman said:
Yeah I've loved Rickenbacker's since FLCL.
Actually just off memory they seem to be the anime bass of choice.
I've never had the chance to play one though.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dr.Susse said:
Sacman said:
Yeah I've loved Rickenbacker's since FLCL.
Actually just off memory they seem to be the anime bass of choice.
I've never had the chance to play one though.
:O the vintage ones in particular are absolutely lovely instruments... just a great amount of detail in every inch of the bass... plus you've got that great tone and general versatility of it all... there's a reason they're so popular...<.<

Though personally not a fan of the giant ash treys they have... always hit my hand on it... seeing as how I'm one of those dastardly pick users and flop around on it like it's a rhythm guitar...

and yeah I guess everyone got one after FLCL... it's why I got a Flying V... even though it's probably my least favorite guitar now...<.<