Poll: Your First Katawa Shoujo Girl

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Hanako was my first Katawa Shoujo girl.

I was actually really happy about that, because I was interested in pursuing her anyway, but I made sure that on my first playthrough I was answering everything "naturally" (the way I would in real life).

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
I was aiming for Rin, but got Emi.
Jove said:
Unlike most choices, this decision will either have you forever locked with Emi, or never locked with Emi. Once you say "Go for it" for example, you are now locked into playing in Emi's path forever, regardless of the previous choices you made.
Damn, really?
Guess that makes sense, but still sort of annoying. I was following the same logic as you (not running = potential heart attack).

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
lRookiel said:
I went for Hanako. I find her extremely shy demeanour to be relatable as well as adorable. I managed to get the good ending with no save scumming (Unlike SOMEONE who save scums ALL THE TIME!)

My second playthrough was with Emi, and on my third playthrough I will go for Lilly.
It's ok, i've stopped now. For reals...

[sub][sub]If only because i'm out of save slots[/sub][/sub]

Watch me get Emi's bad ending regardless of Scum XD

Yeah I kinda accidentally started the Emi path as well. My beast reading speed made me click the race her option when advancing dialogue... Oops.

I doubt I would have chosen that option had I read it properly. Yeah Hisao, race a member of the track team with your shit heart good job friend!

I guess Hanako next or maybe Shizune? Whichever flag I stumble upon first I guess. After I finish Emi's route first of course. I can't just leave a route half done now can I? WWKD?

I'm really surprised at how good the main character is. Like, he's actually relatable and sympathetic as a character and stuff. Wowsers Batman!

MrFlipFlops

Apr 18, 2011
Went with Hanako on my first run. I decided that even before the game finished downloading and I still have no idea why. I suppose she was the girl who fit "my type" the most at first glance. Though I did END with Kenji before continuing her route. I just found the dude's rampant insanity so interesting that I went out of my way to spend as much time with him as possible. Also, I kinda cocked up most of the choices on the first try. So, yeah, Kenji Ending Get. After that the Hanako route continued smoothly.

I am still really fond of her and her story, but after playing through the whole of KS I find Rin's story being the closest to my heart. Strangely, I'm usually not big on the darker and more incomprehensible plots, but I found myself connecting with her the most. Plus her ending (the good one, that is) is one of the most heartwarming things in the whole game specifically because it contrasts so much with her rather "heavy" route.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Marik2 said:
Ended up with Emi even though I wanted Hanako

Was pissed and reloaded
Funny thing, the same happened to me, and I don't regret a thing.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I wanted to go with Lily but I ended up with Emi by accident. She was pretty cool though and would've been my second choice though so I wasn't too bothered about that. I keep meaning to go back and do the other routes but for some reason I can never motivate myself.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I see that the OP has gotten to the garden shed scene:p

OT: I got Hanako on my first try ("good ending"). Apparently she's the hardest to get in the game so I felt pretty good. Needed it after how bad her path messed with me. Shit changed my life.

Gonna use a guide and go for Emi next.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Based on what? I don't recall a Kenji-specific decision anywhere in the first act...
Just don't go for any girl and you'll end up having a dainty meal with Kenji:)

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Silvianoshei said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yep, I'm of the I-raced-Emi-and-unwillingly-ended-dating-her crowd. She's an OK character. I was going for Rin though. Also... you can end with Kenji? Or is that a poll joke?
You can certainly END with Kenji. Quickly.
Based on what? I don't recall a Kenji-specific decision anywhere in the first act...
In the prologue, you have miss the flags for each girl. It's actually tougher than it sounds.

MrFlipFlops said:
Rin's path was a non-stop HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Same here. I was interested in Rin and Hanako, but of course I ended up on Emi's path. Once I realized that I couldn't change paths, I started over and completed Rin's route.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
Rin, found her to be the most relatable character for me. Apparently she's meant to be confusing or aggravating or something, but I found her to be likeable. This is most likely because I've never had much luck expressing my emotions either, though. I honestly found Hisao to be rather unreasonable at times during that route, really, especially since every choice seems to lead to him arguing with her when she's blatantly in a terrible state (maybe "It doesn't matter" doesn't lead to that, but I didn't get the flag to let me say it).

Also considered Shizune since she was rather amusing in her first few scenes, playing through that now. On and off, anyway.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
The_Lost_King said:
My first was Shizune. I can't believe I got her though what with everyone of my friends I introduced this visual novel to got Emi on their first try. I guess I got lucky when I decided to tell the Doctor that maybe I would run. Oh and Shizune was the one I wanted.
I've just finished Shizune, can I ask what you thought of it and what you thought it was about? I've done Lilly and Hanako and Hanako's line was perfectly suited to me to the point where it convinced me to make lifestyle changes, Lilly was fairly straightforward and innocent maybe a little cheesy.

But I don't know what to think about Shizune's. In some ways I'm not even really sure what happened. It's not that I think it's bad and I think there was a lot of cool stuff there, but I'm not quite sure what her whole deal was and I figure it might be clearer to someone who wanted her path in the same way Hanako's suited me because I wanted it.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
BrotherRool said:
The_Lost_King said:
My first was Shizune. I can't believe I got her though what with everyone of my friends I introduced this visual novel to got Emi on their first try. I guess I got lucky when I decided to tell the Doctor that maybe I would run. Oh and Shizune was the one I wanted.
I've just finished Shizune, can I ask what you thought of it and what you thought it was about? I've done Lilly and Hanako and Hanako's line was perfectly suited to me to the point where it convinced me to make lifestyle changes, Lilly was fairly straightforward and innocent maybe a little cheesy.

But I don't know what to think about Shizune's. In some ways I'm not even really sure what happened. It's not that I think it's bad and I think there was a lot of cool stuff there, but I'm not quite sure what her whole deal was and I figure it might be clearer to someone who wanted her path in the same way Hanako's suited me because I wanted it.
Damn you, making me think on a snow day!

Well what I thought about it is easy so I'll do that first. I thought it was great and loved Shizune and Misha's characters. It was a little silly at times with the dad and how competitive Shizune can be about everything(who can carry the box the longest, really?). I also think that scene where Shizune makes you realize how you should stop focusing on you disability during the festival.

Now what I thought it was about well all I can think of is that you should learn to accept your disability and not focus on it and I am guessing that is what the rest of the stories about too(haven't read them, really wish they had a mobile verison)

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
I started off with Rin, but I have since realized (sorry for everyone else) that she's my favorite character. I've gotten the Bad Ending for Act 1, and I'm going through Hanako's arc right now.