Poll: Your Library

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
GiantRaven said:
AWAR said:
I have but one good book, The Bible.
I know the good book's good because the good book says it's good?
Apparently you can't argue with the word of God, even if it's in written form.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I have a fair few. A house isn't right without books.

My parents have masses of books- all sorts of atlases, animal husbandry, English literature, encyclopedia. Yeah, we have one room with two walls of books. Tastefuly decorated, too. Probably has nothing to do with my love of steampunk asthetics...

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
if i can include grafic novels ... i stopped counting after 600

if "text-only" books then somewhere near 60

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Danny Ocean said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
(Huzzah for Mark Twain stuff being free on the internet!)
Wait what? Can I get a link to that?
Right here...in my box of tricks:
http://www.readbookonline.net/stories/Twain/2/

There's loads of free shit there and elsewhere. You just have to look for it. For example, I found the Mark Twain stories by googling "Mark Twain stories". Nifty, huh?

Also, if you like Mark Twain, I urge you to watch the 80s claymation film 'The Adventures of Mark Twain'. It's incredible but unfortunately underrated due to claymation not becoming big until a few years after... Anyway, you can find the whole film on youtube; it's split into about 10 parts, which is a little annoying but hey, atleast it's free right??

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Many, many several. Easily more than 100. I've essentially become the house library...

Oh, and now I have a kindle, so storage space isn't going to be a problem any longer! I envisage a great increase in my book library

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
I'd say I have 20 at home and about another 15 up in my dorm. I used to have EVERY animorphs book as a kid (all 53 and the tangential storylines)

Nov 28, 2010
I have at least a hundred in this room right now but there's another four bookcases around the house and I store a good few in them so I'd say probably about the 200 mark.

Now, if you added in all the ones the rest of my family own...

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Not gonna bother counting but from just glancing at my bookcase I'd say easily 200+

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
You should have some more options i think. I love reading but it's pretty damn difficult acquiring good literature around here, so i can't build up a good "library". I've got a good 15-20 books in my personal cupboard right now.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I don't know what to answer.
Do the books my parents own count? If so, it's a few hundred.
Do manga/comic books (not magazines, books (mostly pocket books)) count? If so, I might be at 100 or something.
If only "proper" books that I, myself, own count, I would say I own less than 50.

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
Depends if comic books count... With comic books, easily more than 100, without it's more like 50 or maybe less. Almost all of those are nonfiction. I don't read much fiction nowadays, don't have the time.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
About 10.

I don't like to read books anymore.
I hardly ever find the time to read anymore, but I keep buying books because they just look so pretty on my shelves. Browsing bookstores and picking something neat up will always be one of my greatest pleasures.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Less than 50, even including school books (real books, not that japanamation anime shit). If you count magazines, probably over 50 from those 2 years of Thrasher I have sitting in my closet. I don't read much...

incal11

Oct 24, 2008
Several hundreds, not even counting all the mangas and comics.
Got an ebook reader recently because space was becoming a problem, and it's awesome. May be a bit expensive but well worth it, definitely.