Poll: Your opinion on interracial relationships?

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
My first thread started on here, so please go easy on me. XD

Anyway, I was just wondering what the general opinion of interracial relationships is. I was seeing a lot of interracial couples, but lately they seem to be few and far between where I live. Thoughts?

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
Being the offspring of one, i fully support it. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, other than because they are a massive douche.

EDIT: Support/Not caring either way are the same imo. I'm not like some kind of activist for pro interracial relationships (i'm not sure that anyone is...?), but obviously i don't oppose them either.

What i mean is, i feel exactly the same about interracial relationships as i do about a couple of the same race.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Uhhh... I really don't see how anyone could be offended by them.

That's like taking offence to a BLT because it mixes bacon and tomatoes.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I just don't have any opinion either way. I guess I support them, I can't think of any reason that isn't racist (which I'm not) not to support them, but I've just never really thought about them anyway. I knew some mixed-race kids at my old school though, and got on well with them. So yeah...

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
It's two people who love each other. Anyone who has an issue with it is living in the bigoted past.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I've seen people get offended over them. I don't really care personally, I mean who they have a relationship with isn't any of my business.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
What exactly do you hope to achieve or come to understand with this thread? I'm just curious what you envision.

Also, I pretty much think it isn't anyone's business who someone chooses to date / marry / have recreational sex with.

The Austin said:
Uhhh... I really don't see how anyone could be offended by them.

That's like taking offence to a BLT because it mixes bacon and tomatoes.
Clearly you have not visited the southern US.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
My first boy friend was indian. I am white.
I have no problem with it.
The thing that annoys me is when people who were not born in their ancestry's country, it makes them worse. My friend Pat who is Filipino was told by another friend's parents who are Filipino that he was white washed and he could not date their daughter.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I support them insomuch as I don't see them as any different from any other type of relationship. I was in a relationship with a black girl until recently, which was no different than any other relationship I'd been in. Including, of course, the ending sucking.

Yay.

But that's so not the point. I'm neither against it in theory or in practice, and I think it's silly to actually be against such relationships.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Why should race matter at all? Love is love, that's all there is to it.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
CitySquirrel said:
What exactly do you hope to achieve or come to understand with this thread? I'm just curious what you envision.

Also, I pretty much think it isn't anyone's business who someone chooses to date / marry / have recreational sex with.
Just curious really. I know that some people are super against them. I know that some people only date members of different races, and I know that most people tend to stick to their same race. I was just wondering what the general views of the Escapist members would be.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Usually this topic is my basis for my gay rights arguments, which happens alot around here.

But for myself I would love to marry out side of my race, but whoever I fall in love with, I fall in love with.

DE619

May 17, 2010
Treefingers said:
Being the offspring of one, i fully support it. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, other than because they are a massive douche.
Same here but to tell the truth I really don't think about it since I grew up in a very mixed placed. I do notice however people stare when I'm out with my girlfriend, I just hope it's because she's a ginger and not because I'm black and she's white.