Poll: Your opinion on meat products

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
If I could live solely on a carnivore's diet then I would be a carnivore. Sadly humans require carbohydrates to live.

TheMadJayWoman

Apr 24, 2009
I'm not morally opposed to the eating of meat and other animal products, but I think responsible consumption is important for the sake of your own health, animal welfare and the benefit of the world at large.

I have a minor in animal science and the way a vast amount of meat is produced, I just don't want to put it in my body. I've never been partial to beef (just never tickled my palette really), but knowing how a many feed lots and slaughterhouses work makes it all the more unappealing.

And if you're a vegetarian or vegan reading this and feeling smug, you've no right - modern agribusiness has made the produce of many crops just as destructive and damaging as that of food animals.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
I absolutely love meat, particularly red meat. There's nothing like a nice, juicy, slightly bloody steak cooked over charcoal or pine wood. Tonight I had delicious, lean venison burgers from a deer I shot back in November. I'm just amazed more places, or really any places around here don't serve venison. Depending on it's diet, it's much richer tasting than beef, and deer is much leaner and healthier than beef. I love them both, but a deer with a good diet of fresh prairie grass, hay, and creek water, is far better than a cow living in a pen with 200 other cows, and being stuffed with corn it's whole life.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I had brisket and spicy cheddar sausage just tonight for dinner. Yum!

And when I finally get my copy of Mass Effect 3 in the mail I shall celebrate the occassion with a plate of beef fajitas!

Now do I wish I could be a vegetarian or a vegan? Yes, I would like to be able to live in harmony with all the other animals. And hey if I didn't have meat delivered to my grocery store I probably would be because I don't have the skills nor the strength of will to bash bessie's brains in. Call me a hypocrite if you like, but at least I admit it. I'm an animal, I shall do as the animals do.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
Love meat. I'm a vegan but it's dericious.

It's the whole idea that animals MAY be mistreated in the process of production that bothers me. Not the actual part about eating meat, but the process as to which it goes through. I'm not going to make a difference and I don't particularly advocate veganism but ... yeah.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
As annoying as the guy is, and as much as I hate the adds, I'm going to have to agree with them here: Not eating lamb is unaustralian.
Really, I'd extend that to meat in general, but give me a good lamb, or BBQ'd steak, and I'm a happy man. Take away my meat, and we're going to have problems.

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
Viral_Lola said:
usmarine4160 said:
I have made a Bacon Explosion and it is surely what a god would eat.

Bacon wrapped bacon and Italian sausage with bacon salt and BBQ sauce done on the BBQ.

*Edit: You can feel the massive calories through your teeth.
I?d eat the hell out of that.
Recipe man. recipe. message me with it!!!

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Personally, I think that the very idea of having a "moral" problem with eating meat is absurd.

We're on top of the food chain, we're naturally omnivorous, and therefore all other forms of life on this planet can officially suck it.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
I'm an omnivore... not the black and white Meat eater or vegetarian weirdo type.

A balanced diet is important.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I absolutely love:
Lobster, bacon, steak, ham, turkey, chicken, shrimp, salmon (especially raw) hamburgers, mussels, clams, scallops, prawns, ribs, pork chops, veal, venison, lamb, shark, duck, tuna, trout, crab, squid, buffalo burgers, hot dogs, various sushi, oysters, roast beef, pork roast, beef jerky, corned beef, salami, various sausages, pepperoni, pastrami, and liver.

I'm probably missing some but I think you get the idea.

Vivace-Vivian

Apr 6, 2010
I could take it or leave it. I honestly think meat is super overrated. I won't avoid it, but I won't go out of my way for it. Usually have meat once or twice a week.

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
Esotera said:
I was vegetarian for about six months, and I'll probably go vegetarian again once I'm living entirely by myself/just with one person. Meat really isn't as necessary as most people make it out to be, and too much can actually be bad for you...I don't mind the odd bit now & then, but don't like being an absolute carnivore.
I im in the same boat, but ive gotten into chicken again xD

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I actually enjoy taking a big greasy philly cheese steak and eating it in front of vegetarians, mooing at them between bites. (not really but I think it'd be hilarious)

Also my favorite food EVER are Gorilla Eggs. What are those you ask?

Hollow out a Jalapeno and stuff it with cheese.
Wrap it in layers of ham and bacon until you can't see the Jalapeno.
Deep Fry

You can almost feel your arteries hardening while you eat it but you just don't care.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I am a humanitarian cannibal flesh-eater eater of the dead meat-eater.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I don't know, I've NEVER had it.

Veggie and proud, 18 years and still going strong ;)

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Yes, i eat meat.

Also - Chorizo! (IMO) Best sausage EVA!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
It's bad for the environment, bad for you, but it's just bloody delicious.