Poll: Your own life - Or ten strangers lifes?

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
10 friends? I will gladly sacrifice myself.

10 strangers? KILL EM WITH FIRE (sorry, couldn't resist)

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
My life is not worth ten lives; It is worth ALL lives.

They die and I forget the incident in a week.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Make it ten people that we actually like to make this more interesting, otherwise everyone is going to be saying that the strangers get lit up (myself included in that sentiment. Were it people I actually like and care for, the decision would take a long time)

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
*slams red button* HAHA, SEE YOU IN HELL YO- oh shit wrong button *dies*.

Seriously though i would kill them simply because i don't know them, they could be death row convicts or lawers! GOD NOT LAWERS!

also the whole survival instinct would kick in.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Hi, Mr. Misanthropist here, guess which one I chose. If you're unsure, Google the word "misanthropist".

TheDandyHighwayman

Nov 18, 2009
I'd kill myself without hesitation, I'm of the opinion that all life is equal so 10 lives > my 1 so yeah.
IN THEORY
Of course if this actually happened I have no idea what I'd do

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow I never knew my life is worth ten people!

Ok joking aside I say it will depend. Since there is a speaker, I will try to communicate with them asking who they are and what they do (this will take a while). In most cases I probably will sacrifice my life to save theirs (unless they are psychopath or rapist).
I don't believe that I can easily forget that I just touch ten people alive and also my guilt will consume me either to suicide or insanity.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
I'd wait to see what happens...

No point in rushing things - maybe the doors will open of their own volition, or the people who locked you in will get bored and come back or... etc etc etc.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Unless I knew for sure they had families, or were actually important people. I gotta say I think I'd let them die.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
TWRule said:
You differentiated between killing 10 people versus killing 10,000 - so at some point there is a principle (however arbitrary) you are employing here. I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the "idealistic wishy washy" responses. They don't matter by what standard? Your personal whims?
My personal RUTHLESS whims MOOHAHA! But yeah, I am just stating my opinion on this matter. The question was if I consider myself more important than 10 strangers. My answer was yes and in my defense I stated that I do believe in the "sacrifice few for the good of the many" ideology, however only if it concerns large numbers of people.

10 people are insignificant in my eyes. 10.000 however are a whole different story.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Honestly, I have no idea. But since I'm in love at the moment, I probably would have killed them. Still, it's just not possible to say that since I have never been in such a situation.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Bigfootmech said:

No point in rushing things - maybe the doors will open of their own volition, or the people who locked you in will get bored and come back or... etc etc etc.
This is the correct answer.

I wouldn't be so hasty to end my own life without understanding anything about the situation. Similarly I wouldn't condemn 10 people to death for no justified reason.

If I was to die in this situation it would be because I refused to make a decision without understanding why I had to make it...

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I would likely kill them, and chuckle a little while i'm at it.

After all, if people didn't want to be set on fire, they wouldn't make such hilarious sounds and movements when it happens.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Raven said:
Bigfootmech said:

This is the correct answer.

I wouldn't be so hasty to end my own life without understanding anything about the situation. Similarly I wouldn't condemn 10 people to death for no justified reason.

If I was to die in this situation it would be because I refused to make a decision without understanding why I had to make it...
I guess that is true. It actually made me think of something to add. I'd demand one question answered - Have these 10 men just come from the same test in my position? If they had then I'd save myself.