Poll: Your presence on the Escapist.

kalakashi

Nov 18, 2009
Speaking of presence on the Escapist, what happened to DANGER-MUST-SILENCE? I've just now noticed he's banned, but there's no link to a corresponding post, and he was easily amongst the most diplomatic and eloquent of us, had some real good views that weren't common to come across elsewhere. Real shame.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm in between some people recognizing me (probably a small amount) and none at all. I post from time to time. And then I have LONG stretches where I don't post anything for a while. If anyone out there does recognize me, I guess let me know and either prove me right or wrong.

Krustosaurus

Mar 6, 2013
I've been a member for over a year and a lurker for way longer. I'm not sure what prompted me to sign up, but I mostly just read what everyone else is saying and contribute something once in a blue moon. Maybe in 4 years I'll have managed 100 posts.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Zhukov said:
Just for the fun of it:

The long-winded, slightly obsessive fun of it.

Colour Scientist said:
I do not recognise you. The name rings a bell, I think some French chick used something similar, but your avatar frightens and confuses me.

Dragonlayer said:
I recognise you, both name and avatar. Wouldn't say I know you at all though.

TheKasp said:
I remember seeing you about the place.

TizzytheTormentor said:
Another familiar name, another frightening and confusing avatar.

Barbas said:
Strangely, I know your name but I associate no particular avatar with it.

Wandering_Hero said:
I remember seeing your name about the place.

Sassafrass said:
I've seen you once or twice, but not nearly as much as your astronomical post count would suggest.

JoJo said:
I wouldn't say I know you, but you are familiar to me.

MysticSlayer said:
Recognise you. Kept the same avatar for a long time. Good man.

Hoplon said:
Avatar vaguely familiar, name unknown.

shrekfan246 said:
I remember you. I liked your posts.

Casual Shinji said:
You I know, in that I remember stuff about you beyond username and avatar.

Eclipse Dragon said:
I remember you. You draw dragons! Although I have on occasion confused you with user Dragonbums which is a totally understandable mistake to make.

Wintermute said:
I haven't seen much of you, but I remember your name.

Dead Century said:
Your avatar is familiar to me.

sky14kemea said:
Oh come now, everybody who's somebody knows the spidermod. Thanks for your god-only-knows-how-many-years of patient mod duty. It was a pleasure to have been graced with the sweet sting of your mod wrath.

PsychicTaco115 said:
Phht.

PainInTheAssInternet said:
Not as invisible as you think. I remember your name.

Aerosteam said:
Yes, fine, I remem... wait, there's a 'My Escapist' page? Huh. Well, now I guess I know what you look like too.

Pink Gregory said:
I recognise you. Your avatar is cute and blessedly consistent.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
I suspect you are better remembered than you think.

The Wykydtron said:
Hello to you to. I think of you as 'Persona and League of Legends Guy' and I always shall. Also, apparently your avatar is a demigod of gaming or something?

Hero in a half shell said:
I do indeed recognise your avatar. Also your name.

DizzyChuggernaut said:
I remember you from the 'Record your Voice' thread.

Dandark said:
I do indeed recognise your avatar. I always think it's Batou from Ghost in the Shell, even though I'm pretty sure it's not.

Zachary Amaranth said:
All hail the fearless vanguard of the SJW ranks.

leberkaese said:
Consider your mission accomplished. I recognise your avatar.

DanielBrown said:
I recognise your name. Mostly because I went to school with someone named Daniel Brown and I always kind of wondered if you might be him. Looking at your profile, it seems highly unlikely.

Scars Unseen said:
I recognise your avatar. Also you username, which always makes me wonder if it's just a dramatic sounding screen name or a reference to past hardships.

Marter said:
I like to picture you as a great, lonely titan striding through the desert of User Reviews. Which, now that I say it, sounds kind of unflattering.

Oh, and I watched Scorpion King 3 because of you. I hope you're bloody happy.

Frission said:

The Goat Tsar said:
Also recognise your avatar. It's cute.

Baffle said:
Aaaaand another avatar recognised. I always think it's Anikin Skywalker, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a guy with a towel on his head.

Phasmal said:
I don't think you come across as grumpy. Perhaps somewhat exasperated at times. Which is totally different.
(Also remember you from the accent thread. It's surprisingly humanising to be able to attach an actual voice to a username. More so than a photo even.

MarsAtlas said:
Ah yes, another loyal member of the SJW brigade. Keep fighting the good fight. (Also, for a time I was constantly confusing you with user CloudAtlas.)

The Lunatic said:
I recognise you. For reasons.

At least I think I do. Your avatar used to be a somewhat anthropomorphized hyena/African hound, right?

Okay, bugger this, that'll have to do. If I knew how long this was going to take I wouldn't have started.
Thanks for the mention! I stumbled upon this one (it's a knack), because notifications aren't sent out to the quoted parties when they're spoilered.

kalakashi said:
Speaking of presence on the Escapist, what happened to DANGER-MUST-SILENCE? I've just now noticed he's banned, but there's no link to a corresponding post, and he was easily amongst the most diplomatic and eloquent of us, had some real good views that weren't common to come across elsewhere. Real shame.
Unfortunately, he got into an argument with someone and accrued several warnings rather than disengage and leave them to it. I assume the ban was requested if they don't all add up to a ban and no specific post was linked. I'm sad to see him go, but I think that if the elevation to a ban was requested, he can probably PM a staff member to have it reversed.

Asita said:
Pretty sure that at least a few people recognize me (Probably a safe bet when you don't change your avatar for three years of reasonable activity ;) ), though whether anyone thinks anything of me other than "Oh god it's that longwinded guy again! D:" is another question entirely. On the flip side, there are a lot of people here I recognize at least by avatar.
*Features crease into a smile*. I knew you would come!

You are strangely dressed for a knight. I recognize you from the strength of your resolve and the quality of your discourse in spiritual and political matters, brother.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Well I manage to be a social recluse on a forum which I find pretty impressive, to that extent hardly anyone here recognizes me. Which is whatever I suppose.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
TheRightToArmBears said:
but I never really got the impression anyone paid me that much attention. Now excuse me whilst I go wipe the tears out of my keyboard.
I recognize you by your avatar, and it always reminds me of this:
http://io9.com/watch-this-womans-face-shapeshift-with-a-simple-trick-473757506

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Some people remember me I guess since I antagonized them, but you could count them on one hand. That's my best guess.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
I am invisible but I lurk around the corners of the Escapist.
Sometimes I comment, like now.
I'm ok with being invisible, though.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I was much more active about a year ago but I'm sure some people recognize my avatar at the very least.

Irregular Dice

Mar 27, 2014
I'm just a longtime lurker who just sits in a corner. I barely post but I recognize most people here. *Goes back to corner*

runnerbelow

Feb 11, 2009
Country
Canada
See that post count?

I've worked hard to keep it that low.
Yeah, that's right. You don't know me.

I don't know me either.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Much like in real life I'm the guy who people recognize when I'm talking (usually recognizing how much they hate me) but when I'm not people forget I even exist.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Despite being here for years I'm not very active, so I'm sure most people here have no idea who I am. I especially haven't posted much recently just because I've been too busy/tired from other things going on in my life.

I'm not a very sociable person when it comes to the internet, I'm better at interacting with people directly. I also avoid confrontation as much as possible because my blood pressure doesn't need that, and these forums have been getting more and more confrontational in the last couple of years.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Johnisback said:
If my perception is correct then two people are aware of me on this site.
One of them thinks I'm alright.
One of them hates my guts.
You'll have to update that list, because I think you could actually be Mark Wahlberg in bad lighting (that's a good thing).

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
I mostly sit in the corner in watch, partly because I'm shy and partly because I feel like unless I comment on a forum early no one will see my post. Like this one.