Port Authority

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Port Authority

More like master race to the forums to hunt for bugfixes.

Read Full Article

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, the last panel works better if you imagine Statler and Waldorf saying it.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
I like FFXIII too but I also have a sense of humor and the "ESC takes me to desktop" came as a shock the first time I discovered it....so yes, funny, and well played.

Halla Burrica

May 18, 2014
Eh, I'm not sure that it's neccesarily about some conspiracy from these companies to "keep those pesky pc gamers down", I think it's more about ineptitude or disinterest in porting games to the pc, instead of playing it safe and just sticking to consoles. I may not be any sort of expert when it comes to these sort of things, but even I understand that the pc market is a very different beast compared to the console market and that can be pretty intimidating for developers or publishers.

mmiki

Mar 1, 2013
Halla Burrica said:
Eh, I'm not sure that it's neccesarily about some conspiracy from these companies to "keep those pesky pc gamers down", I think it's more about ineptitude or disinterest in porting games to the pc, instead of playing it safe and just sticking to consoles. I may not be any sort of expert when it comes to these sort of things, but even I understand that the pc market is a very different beast compared to the console market and that can be pretty intimidating for developers or publishers.
It's all about the bottom line and control. Big publishers like consoles because the hardware only changes each generation, they have more control over content, they can sell you season passes, there's less piracy. It's also a smaller market so they don't have to compete with indies.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
I remember that Yahtzee wrote an article about horror games looking shitty being inherent to their scaryness, something to keep in mind, as different versions of a game can deviate from what the developers designed it to do.

A.K.B.

Feb 27, 2014
"You'd hope developers would learn a trick or two"
well, not unless some "people" are paying them not to learn......
"cough""cough" MICROSOFT AND SONY "cough""cough"

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
Dead Rising and FFXIII are from Japanese developers who do not have a PC culture, not that that excuse their shitty ports.

Not sure about Evil Within and I'm too lazy to google it. :p

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
A QTD is actually a nice feature in any game, but it shouldn't be bound to a single button, without confirmation or autosaves.

And I guess Consoles keep graphic requirements from inflating as they prioritize clever coding over raw power. Just look at what an unoptimized mess Crysis 1 was.

Just trying to see it positive, that's all.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ubisoft came to mind for me as well.

It really makes me wonder what experience these developers do actually have that ports have somehow become worse again now that the main consoles are actually more similar to PCs.

I mean, I guess the same thing happened eight years ago to a degree, but seriously, the actual games didn't make a massive leap in how they look or how the game worlds are built or even how they play, so something went wrong elsewhere.

Animaniac

Apr 17, 2014
I prefer a QTD button over a game that asks me if I'm sure I want to go to the main menu, then asks me again if I want to quit.

http://bit.ly/1vnsx2P

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
BigTuk said:
We are less likely to pay an over inflated price for a game and just patiently wait until it's marked down.
Where I'm from, goddamn Xbone/PS4 games cost as much as PC collector's editions used to, and the multi platform game PC prices risen about 40%, seriously, what the hell.

Since everything gets DLC'd to bits I'll just lag a year behind and enjoy the games I'll missed the last few years. I'm really not liking how this generation started.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Not to mention that FF13 looks rather awful on PC. And it had such potential to look gorgeous because it's a pretty enough game on consoles already.