Portal 2 Delayed to 2011

Harmondale2

Nov 18, 2009
The e3 announcement is never going to make up for all the disapointment its caused so far :(

However this hasn't been unexpected.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I honestly would rather see a game delayed then see it released full of bugs and glitches... Oh, and I'm still betting their "surprise" to replace this at E3 is still going to be L4D3... >_>
They just said the surprise is Portal related...In big bold letters too.
Portal themed L4D3 map?

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
Oh, A Valve game delayed and no news about Half Life (episode)3? I'M SO SURPRISED!
Seriously, It's like they just do they on purpose for them to giggle at us while they watch us waiting in agony.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
And there we go. Good job, Valve, again you live up to my expectations by delaying the only one of your upcoming games I'd possibly be interested in and throwing the collective hope of all your die-hard fans into a giant demon-possessed blender. If you'd expected your somewhat funny press release would distract us from your inhuman incompetence in regard to time management, rest assured that you have failed. Hard.

BugattiVeyron_19

Apr 5, 2010
Why did they delay it, i really enjoyed the first one and was lookimg forward to the new one. Did anyone hear about the beta:(

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
But...that's impossible, valve never delay their games...

Think the odds were 1/1000000 that it would release on time.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Maybe Valves next project should be a Time Portal maybe then they could keep there release dates.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
I do not mind at all. As long as they're using the time to make sure that the game is pitch-perfect in almost every single way, then I don't care how long it takes. If it means that Portal 2 will reach perfection, then so be it.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I swear to [deity], if there is not cake at this event, I will buy a hat, and eat it!

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Yes, I know I'm not entitled to anything. I know Valve creates amazing games and they should have as much time as they need to finish them. I know they're really trying to make Portal into something wildly popular--but my frustration continues to mount as chances to reveal another Half-Life game fly by them like a missed view between the trees. /poetic

So essentially, I'm totally okay with Portal 2 being pushed back. It'll be all the better for it. What really cheeses me off is the apparent lack of Half-Life news, still. I feel a burning desire to bang my head against my desk until my face is pounded flat and my hair is bleeding. DAMN YOU, VALVE TIME!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
OH GOD DAMNIT. FFFFFFF... i was really looking forward to this so much. Damn you Valve and you're stupid development times!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Okay, so let me get this straight; Valve first confirms that Portal 2 WON'T be at E3, but instead will be replaced by a surprise. Fans then email Gabe Newell about the Half-Life 2 Ep. 3 image and what the surprise could be, and Gabe confirms that the image is fake and the surprise ISN'T HL2 Ep. 3. Then, as of today, Valve/Aperture Science announces that Portal is delayed into 2011 and also that the surprise planned for E3 is Portal related...

...STOP IT VALVE!!! JUST STOP IT!!! Just...AAAAGH!!! STOP IT!!!

/turns into anti-fanboy

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
John Funk said:
[blockquote]VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES FOR THE PS3 IS TOO HARD

June 9, 2010 [/blockquote]

Those guys really do have the best press releases, don't they?
They sure do, I just needed to fix that for you.
Or do they have a new excuse yet?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
oliveira8 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I honestly would rather see a game delayed then see it released full of bugs and glitches... Oh, and I'm still betting their "surprise" to replace this at E3 is still going to be L4D3... >_>
They just said the surprise is Portal related...In big bold letters too.
Portal themed L4D3 map?
Nice save there. ^^

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well crap.

At least they have a sense of humour about it.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
All I ask is the release all their shit BEFORE 2012

You can never be too safe, you know?