Portal 2 Details Leaked

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Yodobama said:
So wait, what about Chell getting dragged off?
What happened to that?
I dunno, maybe they're trying to keep it fresh here and set it hundreds of years away so it's not questioned why Chell isn't there, and we'll learn more about Chell in HL2:Episode 3, whenever it comes out (Episode 3 looks like it's heading down the Duke Nukem Forever Path though.)
You play as Chell in the single player campaign, chances are that her being dragged off was so she could be cloned or put in stasis or something. Time portal? oh snap

Anyway this looks like its going to be so good. But does the time jump mean that its ahead of Half Life?

Edit: The blown up scans of the Portal 2 details make for a pretty interesting read:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6600/61465046.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9812/91301104.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8889/51924897.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1529/41663763.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7713/25116965.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9834/61988149.jpg

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
On another note, Yahtzee is going to be pissed he has to play this with a "friend." This is like a giant stab in the hat to him. Best Game He Reviewed + Multiplayer being the core experience...

I can't wait for that video.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Oh yeah, bring it on. I hope all the different sections of control have different aesthetics. It'll be interesting to play a robot, if that is the case in single-player. I've only liked Portal by Valve, but i know they wont disappoint.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Hundreds of years?! HAAAAAW-LEEEE-SHEEET! Awesome!

SavingPrincess said:
On another note, Yahtzee is going to be pissed he has to play this with a "friend." This is like a giant stab in the hat to him. Best Game He Reviewed + Multiplayer being the core experience...

Not the core experience, apparently.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So, if Aperture is still around a couple hundred years later, what does this say about Half Life? Did Gordon defeat the Combine and save Earth? Or did he accidentally activate the Borealis, perhaps causing a rapid amount of time to pass?

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
snuffler said:
that's it!

Glados Man!
Ho. Ly. Shit.

The G-Man is actually an holographic avatar of GLADOS, which is why he speaks odd and appears and dissappears whenever he wants. OMG BREAKTHROUGH

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
SavingPrincess said:
For the love of GLaDOS, please do not turn this into an action game. Portal is a puzzle game. Please leave it a puzzle game...

Crap, you're going to turn it into an action game aren't you?

... damnit.
I'm hoping Valve leave HL as the Action game in this universe whilst Portal is the puzzle game of HL's universe.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
SavingPrincess said:

I heard the co-op mode would be a separate campaign, ala the Splinter Cell games. So, one he can play the game without any help, but two an entire section will be cut off.

Although I doubt that won't be anything the console and map_ can't fix.

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
Hearing some people say how Aperature's founder became an AI... Maybe all of them personality cores around the cake are the other's that passed having a 'party' Glad0s was on about... And chell was being dragged off to become one :O
Hundreds of years later. Robots and AIs running the place are still alive

OT: You play as a personality core with no voice... no personality :O

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
*GLaDgasm* I've played P0RTAL so many times; I absolutely cannot wait for the next instalment.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
Comon Valve i expected more from you than a turret bot and a personality core for charcters. On the other hand i think single player mode looks like it'll pretty badass

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
JRCB said:
I think that this could be a triumph....

Anyway, hundreds of years after? Then what happened to Chelle (or however you spell it)?
Almost got it, it's spelled Chell... I think. Maybe she's in stasis or something? Or the robots turned her into cake ingredients.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Portal 2 looks great, they're innovating instead of doing more of the same which is good in a puzzle game.

Oh, and "allowing their to be a stronger narrative" is the wrong their/there/they're.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
SavingPrincess said:
For the love of GLaDOS, please do not turn this into an action game. Portal is a puzzle game. Please leave it a puzzle game...

Crap, you're going to turn it into an action game aren't you?

... damnit.
Actually they stated in the scans that they're keeping the focus on puzzle games.

JoshFTL

Aug 18, 2009
Ekonk said:
fix-the-spade said:
snuffler said:
that's it!

Glados Man!
Ho. Ly. Shit.

The G-Man is actually an holographic avatar of GLADOS, which is why he speaks odd and appears and dissappears whenever he wants. OMG BREAKTHROUGH
What if the G-Man is the CEO of Aperture Science? Episode 3 needs to get here soon!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The robots look so freaky! lol

I am intrested to see what will happen with the story though...with GLADoS been taken to pieces previously I wonder if we will be dealing with something so much worse...

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Man, the robots look fucking stupid and I still think co op is a stupid idea. But I'm still looking forward to it nonetheless. Chell will probably be in it still, I think the thing in the new ending dragged her back to the place and put her back in stasis like she wakes up from in the beginning.