Portal 2 Details Leaked

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
JEBWrench said:
Them internet rules coming into play in 5...4...3...2.....

Anyways, after recently finishing Portal (finally), I've got to say too long, and it'll overstay its welcome. Even with GLaDOS bots.
What? Rule 1 and 2 are fine.... I can't really think of anything else... Except..

OH GOD.

OP: Buying this game ASAP. Whatever is necessary. SO PUMPED!

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Jaredin said:
The robots look so freaky! lol

I am intrested to see what will happen with the story though...with GLADoS been taken to pieces previously I wonder if we will be dealing with something so much worse...
According to the scans she gets reactivated in the beginning of the game, accidently, by you and a personality core acting as your guide. She still has her sultry seductive voice she slipped into in the climax of the first game and she remembers everything.

Here's GLaDOS' dialogue from when she wakes up:

"Oh, its you... Its been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know... after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences aside. For science. You monster."

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Because Portal was a strong game, I'm interested in Portal 2. However, since I've found that continually waiting for the next new game to be released causes you to miss the shining gems that lie dormant at your local gamestore, I'm holding my enthusiasm for God of War 3, Pokemon SoulSilver, and the next $15 > game that I can find that looks fun. As Yahtzee tells himself in his Haze review, there's always a chance that any game can surprise you and be fun

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
The multiplayer will be one of the highlights of this game. Screaming at your freind in puzzle frustration will be gold.

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
portal one game me motion sickness, yay a full game of motion sickness to look foward too!

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Yodobama said:
So wait, what about Chell getting dragged off?
What happened to that?
I dunno, maybe they're trying to keep it fresh here and set it hundreds of years away so it's not questioned why Chell isn't there, and we'll learn more about Chell in HL2:Episode 3, whenever it comes out (Episode 3 looks like it's heading down the Duke Nukem Forever Path though.)
DON'T SAY THOSE WORDS

Also, hunderds of years after and it's still there meanst that we can at least positive the Combine haven't blown earth up or anything.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Oh, this will be good... Yay for full length story driven, co-op including portal! More or less evertything I wanted really...

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Ekonk said:
Yodobama said:
What happened to that?
I dunno, maybe they're trying to keep it fresh here and set it hundreds of years away so it's not questioned why Chell isn't there, and we'll learn more about Chell in HL2:Episode 3, whenever it comes out (Episode 3 looks like it's heading down the Duke Nukem Forever Path though.)
DON'T SAY THOSE WORDS

Also, hunderds of years after and it's still there meanst that we can at least positive the Combine haven't blown earth up or anything.
We never knew where portal was set in the HL universe, so maybe hundreds of years in the future for portal is when HL2 happens?

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Byers said:
Portal was popular because it was something new and innovative, and because it was short and sweet. Having a 15+ hour sequel with the exact same type of gameplay is gonna murder my will to live.

C'mon, more new original licences instead please.
I can't actually believe this. Not EVERYTHING needs to be 100% new and original. That, and it's still Portal, there's still nothing else like it.
And it's more than a re-hash, read the scans, they're introducing lots of new things. Lasers, deflection, co-op, portalling magic paint, portalling PHYSICS.

I will stake money on this, you are the ONLY person disapointed in a new Portal/

Nov 5, 2007
TheGhostOfSin said:
Ekonk said:
Yodobama said:
What happened to that?
DON'T SAY THOSE WORDS

We never knew where portal was set in the HL universe, so maybe hundreds of years in the future for portal is when HL2 happens?
Nah. Since there are some projections in some of the Aperture office about competition with Black Mesa, we can be pretty sure that it either happened sometimes before its destruction or after the invasion. And since no one is left in the building, I'd go for the later.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
JRCB said:
I think that this could be a triumph....

Anyway, hundreds of years after? Then what happened to Chelle (or however you spell it)?
If it's hundreds of years after then it must be long after the combine and Episode 3, so Gordon would be dead (unless G-Man took him again) Alyx is probably dead, John Freeman who is Gordon Freeman's brother...is also dead

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Those robots don't match the Portal visual style. Yes, they have shiny white plating, but they are too complicated. Also, I think if they add too many gameplay elements it could start to look like they just tacked bits onto the final game when they realised that it was a bit short. Please, Valve, please don't lose the wonderfully simple and economical design you used to make the first game epic.

Since I first heard about Portal 2, I've been worried that Valve might decide the only way to surpass the first game is to follow the above mentality. I've been trying to counter that with an 'Valve can do anything right' attitude, but there's only so far that can take you.