Portal 2 DLC Emerges in October

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
was hoping for some SP levels. dont play the coop mode. but well, i guess the challenge mode will do fine.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Ah man! and my Co op buddy's internet goes down now!?!

Guess I will have to wait a little longer than most.

Capitano Segnaposto said:
yuval152 said:
FREE DLC,it's like a dream come ture.
Is it free? Or do you have to pay for it on certain places? Main question: IS IT FREE ON PS3?
I think you should read the entire original post before asking questions.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Isn't that the same day as Dark Souls being released? Sorry Portal, you're being ignored.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
Out before the end of September my pasty white ass. I am dissapoint valve.
You being a little insensitive maybe?

You probably don't want to hear it but A) It's free. B) The longer it takes, the better quality it will be. C) Every developer company delays releases every now and then.

So give them a break maybe?

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
Metalrocks said:
was hoping for some SP levels. dont play the coop mode. but well, i guess the challenge mode will do fine.
Me too. Never even tried the co-op, because I don't have Steam-friends.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Out before the end of September my pasty white ass. I am dissapoint valve.
You being a little insensitive maybe?

You probably don't want to hear it but A) It's free. B) The longer it takes, the better quality it will be. C) Every developer company delays releases every now and then.

So give them a break maybe?
So because it's free I'm not allowed to call them out on setting up people's expectations for it to be out before the end of September? Yeah, I think that's something of a lame reason, considering the DLC requires purchase of the game before you can use it, IE it's still not free. I wouldn't have said anything if they had instead shifted to the vague release time of "this fall" after they failed to get it out over the summer. When you narrow it down to a month, it's generally expected that you be able to deliver on that window of release. It may only be 4 days after, but October 4th is still not in the month of September. They can push a release date back as many times as they want as far as I'm concerned, just don't push it back after you're already late.

You're right by the way, I didn't want to hear it because I didn't need to. I was already well aware of those three points. "Free" is not a viable excuse for missed deadlines, especially when it comes to a company as big as Valve. It also doesn't exempt a company from complaints about said missing of deadlines and last minute announcements brought on as a result.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Marshall Honorof said:
I've experiments to run and there's research to be done, so I'd better finish it all before the DLC hits.
Horrible,absolutely horrible ._.

That said it feels great we get more co-op missions hopefully these will be challenging seeing how I and my friend played through all the missions in about 4 hours.
KeyMaster45 said:
I think that's something of a lame reason, considering the DLC requires purchase of the game before you can use it, IE it's still not free.
Hi! What do you think DLC means? Of course you need to buy the game to use it,and it´s free you purchased the game and as bonus you get some extra stuff. I won't argue about the date since valve is valve, they never have anything out on time,always been will always be.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Eh I'm not upset about there not being any SP content. The story was wrapped up so perfectly, there's just nothing more you can do to it. Or atleast nothing more needs to be done to it....

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Sounds pretty good. I'm actually more excited about the full free soundtrack, but I'm more of a music person anyway.

By the way, is it just me, or is the date stamp on the original post over 11 years ago?
Posted 3 September 2000 5:42 PM.
Everything after is from this year. Weird...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
W00t! Finally! Both the final part of the soundtrack and the DLC in 4 days!!
Weee!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Marshall Honorof said:
The DLC will also introduce a "Challenge Mode" for both single-player and co-op play. Players will be able to compete for the best scores and then compare their rankings on Leaderboards.
This will either be very cool, or very stupid. I hope Valve doesn't have us hopping backwards again because it's the only way to minimize steps enough for a decent medal. That shit's fine when it's part of someone doing an uber-challenge for bragging rights, but it certainly shouldn't be part of the base game.

Anyway, can't wait for this Fall so I can play my Summer Level Pack. Huh... >.>

daydreamerdeluxe

Jun 26, 2009
I was kiiiinda hoping they'd make it for summer, even if it was late September, because that still woulda been stylish. Still, free DLC, I'm not going to complain too much :p

Sober Thal said:
No single player free expansion this summer like Valve promised?
I... Don't remember them ever promising this. I remember them promising a whole new set of Co-op levels in the summer DLC (i.e., what we're talking about here), but never anything for single player...

kebab4you said:
Hi! What do you think DLC means? Of course you need to buy the game to use it,and it´s free you purchased the game and as bonus you get some extra stuff. I won't argue about the date since valve is valve, they never have anything out on time,always been will always be.
I'm pretty sure that DLC just means downloadable content, and doesn't necessarily have to have any of the connotations you've applied :p

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Ah this is good news indeed.

Time to dust off my portal gun and start testing again...for science.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Mausthemighty said:
Metalrocks said:
Me too. Never even tried the co-op, because I don't have Steam-friends.
should have mentioned that i played it a bit with a steam friend but never all the way through. it is fun but i am really more a SP player.