Portal 2 "Insane Cube Tricks" Part Two Gets Even Zanier

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Portal 2 "Insane Cube Tricks" Part Two Gets Even Zanier

The Tony Hawk of Portal 2 is back with another video of insane cube tricks that now incorporate more complicated techniques.

**SPOILER ALERT**
If you haven't played Portal 2 yet, this video will definitely spoil parts of the game for you. Skip watching it if you don't want that to happen.
This has been a **SPOILER ALERT**

YouTube's Schrobotindisguise, the trickster behind part one [http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0J9M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305211043&sr=8-1], is back with another video of crazy puzzle solutions that many of us could never conceive. It doesn't disappoint either.

The first video covered every test chamber with cubes and switches from chapters 1 and 2. Part two covers later chapters that add the functionality of light bridges and gels, making some of the tricks even more amazing.

One of the best tricks doesn't involve either though. In one chamber Schrobot flies between two portals with a cube in tow, only to release it in mid-air and then hop off of it, still in mid-air, onto the exit platform. Impressive.

The fact that cubes can be covered in Portal 2's bouncy blue gel makes for another interesting trick. Schrobot is able to catch a blued-up cube, and then toss it through a fountain of cleaning liquid to wash it and have it land right on the intended button. This guy's got the touch.

Schrobot even gets a little fancy and starts playing Portal 2 like a slam-dunk contest, throwing cubes into the air, spinning around, and then landing his shot. The video also features a few outtakes, such as when his Xbox 360 controller disconnected halfway through a trick. Schrobot teases that part three will be "pretty special" due to chapter 8 being full of cubes and buttons, while he also somehow plans to do co-op, likely with a clone of himself. Look forward to it.

Chris Sandford

Nope, no title.
Apr 11, 2010
well...damn.
the fact that this guy is so good at that game...makes me feel worse about my life.

not in any real meaningful way, mind you. I just dont like being in awe of people.

May 25, 2010
I don't even know how to throw cubes in Portal 2. I mean I just left clicked in the original, but for some reason it doesn't work in Portal 2. (On PC and PS3 versions. But I can't imagine the 360 version having a throw button if the other 2 don't. Maybe I'm just missing something.)

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
I think the cont disconnect was a rage quit, seemed to happen after something went wrong because he was half a second too slow. I also liked his obvious amazement and exasperation at the cube balancing on its edge.

As for the main content, my brain broke. I couldn't even tell you what he did for some of those tricks, let alone try and fail them myself. Absolutely fantastic.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
This guy is such a boss, eh throws cubes and doesn't afraid of cubes. I love the jazz song, too. I wonder if the makers of Portal and Portal 2 can do things like this.

ATmatey36

Apr 12, 2011
I like how these aren't really game breakers, since they're so hard to do, on a console it's probably borderline impossible.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
ATmatey36 said:
I like how these aren't really game breakers, since they're so hard to do, on a console it's probably borderline impossible.
He's using an Xbox360 controller.

I tried throwing cubes, but I just can't do it with a mouse. The momentum for it probably builds up if you can maintain a consistent movement through the x/y axes, something htat's very hard to do with a mouse.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
ATmatey36 said:
Watch part 1, he says its on a 360 with max sensitivity, sounds crazy but I cant argue with results

schrobotindisguise

May 12, 2011
Thanks Tom for a great article! I'm glad you singled out the gel covered box trick, that was quite difficult, so i'm glad you noticed it.

This comment made me lol. One of my friends has started calling me rain man :)

Sieggy said:
oh lawdy. Just how creative and autistic can we get.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
schrobotindisguise said:
Thanks Tom for a great article! I'm glad you singled out the gel covered box trick, that was quite difficult, so i'm glad you noticed it.

This comment made me lol. One of my friends has started calling me rain man :)
If this is really you, then......respect. I fucking love Portal but I can't imagine I'd ever get that good at cube tricks. Hell, I can't even trick any cubes