Portal 2 "Insane Cube Tricks" Part Two Gets Even Zanier

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
That cube alley-up in the gel section was pure awesome.

Maybe someone can make a mod for coop where it would be simpler to throw objects ? And after this is done maybe we can have a sort of 1v1 basketball game with portals ?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I know this sounds retarded, but these are the sorts of things you can only do with a controller. The hundreds of tiny directional variants when you move with a mouse make it just too unpredictable.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
schrobotindisguise said:
It's not that hard when you get into it. The 360 on the arial faith plate in the first part, i did that on the spur of the moment and landed it first time. That's when i got addicted lol. But yeah, lets just say, some of the other tricks weren't landed first time ;)

The things we do while we wait for DLC (and when we are autistic)!
Haha I can imagine, who knows how many takes ;)

Haha well the DLC will come soon enough.....patience......

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
While trying to do the first faith plate cube-toss to the button, I messed up and did something far, far more amazing.

I was on the far side, I jumped on the faith plate back to the start, and accidentally grabbed the cube. Annoyed, I tossed it away (while still in midair). It hit the first faith plate, bounced to the end of the room, and landed on the button. This was the first time I'd accidentally thrown the cube on the faith plate, and it landed on the button. Took me 40 minutes to do it again, something like one in 30+ times that the plate tosses the cube, it lands on the button.

schrobotindisguise

May 12, 2011
SnipErlite said:
schrobotindisguise said:
It's not that hard when you get into it. The 360 on the arial faith plate in the first part, i did that on the spur of the moment and landed it first time. That's when i got addicted lol. But yeah, lets just say, some of the other tricks weren't landed first time ;)

The things we do while we wait for DLC (and when we are autistic)!
Haha I can imagine, who knows how many takes ;)

Haha well the DLC will come soon enough.....patience......
You might be surprised which one took a fair few attempts, and which ones i did in the first few trys. The second under the bridge one for example looks really simple when it lands, but that was probably one of the hardest ones in the video. As you have to swing it under the bridge, but flick it up and the last second. And all bofore the portal gun recognises that there is something in between and auto releases.

schrobotindisguise

May 12, 2011
Kyoufuu said:
While trying to do the first faith plate cube-toss to the button, I messed up and did something far, far more amazing.

I was on the far side, I jumped on the faith plate back to the start, and accidentally grabbed the cube. Annoyed, I tossed it away (while still in midair). It hit the first faith plate, bounced to the end of the room, and landed on the button. This was the first time I'd accidentally thrown the cube on the faith plate, and it landed on the button. Took me 40 minutes to do it again, something like one in 30+ times that the plate tosses the cube, it lands on the button.
That's awesome!! I guess it depends on how much spin you've got on the cube to which direction it bounces when it lands. Coincidentally, that chamber is where i first got addicted to all this and decided to make the video. Much like you, i just on a whim span and released the cube and it landed!!!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I actually did an 'insane cube trick' to pass a chamber I couldn't solve. I juggled two portals and a cube in midair and kicked ass :3

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Holy batman, that guy is pretty sick at this. although he might need a bit more exposure to sunlight so he does humiliate us anymore.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
schrobotindisguise said:
You might be surprised which one took a fair few attempts, and which ones i did in the first few trys. The second under the bridge one for example looks really simple when it lands, but that was probably one of the hardest ones in the video. As you have to swing it under the bridge, but flick it up and the last second. And all bofore the portal gun recognises that there is something in between and auto releases.
Wow, well all I can say is good on you for your dedication :p