Portal 2 "Probably" Valve's Single-Player Swan Song

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Glamorgan said:
uppitycracker said:
You heard it here first, folks. World of Portalcraft official announcement.
I'd play that. I'd seriously play that...

I'm rather disappointed by this... It really makes me wonder what they'll do with the Half Life franchise from here. They can't really make it a co-op only affair.

Now considerably confused. Thanks again Valve.
Left 4 dead?

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
johnman said:
Glamorgan said:
uppitycracker said:
You heard it here first, folks. World of Portalcraft official announcement.
I'd play that. I'd seriously play that...

I'm rather disappointed by this... It really makes me wonder what they'll do with the Half Life franchise from here. They can't really make it a co-op only affair.

Now considerably confused. Thanks again Valve.
Left 4 dead?
Okay, I can only guess what you mean there...
If you meant that they made Left 4 Dead, which is a co-op game, so why couldn't they do that to Half Life?...

Well, then it wouldn't really be Half Life. While Valve could probably make co-op work in Half Life, they couldn't make it a co-op ONLY. A game like that needs a single player option.

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Slimshad said:
I dont think you are a blatant fanboy just because of the statements in this thread. I think so because you are all over the forums and have been for years acting like some kind of Escapist Forum defense force/lawyer for Valve defending there every act and fuck up even in the most ridiculous of cases, all the while keeping the same lofty irritating and disagreeable personality that deems it necessary for you to point out your superior intellect and intelligence every other post. Yeah, im no better, but if someone calls me an asshole I will say "Yup, I am, I am not a very agreeable person". While your response is, without one exception, always "Yeah but your IQ is under 100 while mine is not which makes me better than you so take that".
and ignoring his point about multiplayer modes being prevalent in all valve's past titles.
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
cough cough

Yeah. I'm loving Valve more and more now. Thanks for caring so much. /sarcasm

EDIT: I want to type really nasty words here... really nasty.
Caring so much about what?

Half-Life 2 had a fucking multiplayer component (so did Half-Life I believe), quit your whining.

OT: This could mean anything from, "all games will include co-op and/or multiplayer", to, "Steam will have increased community functions to help share your singlplayer experiences".

People need to stop pissing their pants over a single sentence, that hasn't even been said to us by Valve in the first place.
Im starting to think you would still defend Valve if it was revealed there games are powered by baby seal blood and Gabe eats the brains. Blatant fanboyism.

Anyway, this sure sucks. Valve has been very, very slowly giving there "old" fanbase the finger for a while now. I dont really care that much about all the small disagreeable things Valve has been doing lately but they all come together to form one massive cock that is lodging itself firmly in our asses. A process some people even seem to enjoy, because Valve can do no fucking wrong. They will take it up the ass like an absolute champ, buying L4D2 while complaining about Activision making the same fucking game every year. They will complain about DLC packs while playing a game that has been gradually changed from an online FPS to a fucking marketplace for hats and trading items.

Dont misunderstand me, I am aware of the fact that Valve are a company and companies exist to make money but im just slightly disappointed that they are taking the direction pretty much everyone doesnt want to go. Kinda thought they wouldnt for a while. Mh.

Its getting to the point where *BLASPHEMY INCOMING* I almost hope the Half Life series is given to another studio, Duke Nukem style. I can wait for the game for 6 years but if it comes out and it has some kind of bullshit demon souls style singlemultiplayer hybrid.... Well... FUCK THAT.
There you go. You can read that post again. Properly. Done that? Good. Now, you may have noticed that I mentioned Left 4 Dead in that post. And you may have noticed I mentioned Team Fortress 2 as well. Thats 2 online games. I dont see how I ignored the fact that valve has been doing multiplayer for a long time. In fact, I went out of my to mention multiplayer games by valve twice after that too. Im not ignoring things in anybodys post. You are ignoring things in mine.

All the other points of "attack" do come from posts he made in the past, in which, along with other things, he did mention that he hated COD for lack of innovation more than once while defending Valve for making the same game 2 or 3 times on the same day. I have seen a number of people mildly call him out on stuff like this, and he responded to everyone the same way. Ignore all points made, state arguments which have already been proven false, and insult the other guys IQ. He displays an extremely disagreeable personality 90% of the time, dismissing peoples arguments without caring to say why or explaining himself properly. Almost all of his posts made on non-valve threads are negative and flame users who politely stated there opinions which the majority of the time werent even replying to him. And I think that this thread is as good a one to call him out on it than any other.

Dont get me wrong, im certainly not the nicest guy on the internet. But this guy? 11.000 posts made up of "shut up. you suck. im better than you. im going to pretend I dont care too look cool. dont talk shit about valve." "sorry I disagree and here is why..." "BE QUIET IM MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU I CANT HEAR YOU NANANANANANANANA". I come across as quite immature most of the time due to my language but this guy is acting truly childish.
Okay, I'll say that kind of behavior could be called out on (His not yours). However, I was just saying that your argument that he is a fanboy (because he was telling another guy that valve and multiplayer are basically synonymous nowadays) was kinda invalid, and that you were more attacking him than his point. Although I probably would do the same in your position.