Possible Battlefield 3 boycott

Jul 5, 2009
Yes I know what some of you are thinking, "Oh Jesus here we go again."
But I just learned (can't find the link now, check reddit), that EA are taking guns that are in the game, physically on the disc, out and available through pre order only.
They did this before back when they released bad company 1 and it worked, so should the escapist join the fight and cancel our pre orders?

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Sounds like something EA might do, but considering we get BF3 before MW3, I will be playing it to pass the time! Even if it is the case, im sure missing one or two guns won't be the end of the world. I imagine they would be some sort of alternative camoflauge pistol etc.

Cronq

Oct 11, 2010
Rumors are that if you PREORDER, you get an excluseive loadout gadget for the Sniper Class, a flash muzzle.

It's not DLC, it's a preorder bonus.

Plus, it probably takes the same slot as something like Magnum bullets.

Who cares? Just those crappy snipers nobody likes anyway.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
yeah I read about this on Reddit before, doesn't really seem like a good thing to do, but I will probably still get the game.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
whoop de doo...it's there product, im sure the core gameplay wont really suffer for it at all.

and it might just be hear say and rumor with no substance to back it up. its not boycott worthy.

also i never got gameing boycotts, if the game is good, buy it, if you don't they wont care.
it makes as much sense as the Left 4 dead boycott.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Nothing wrong with a preorder bonus. Besides, it's not like it's anything big, just a few extra guns that you can live quite happily without if you don't have. Also, it'll be what, a day before someone makes a crack for them anyway?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Video game boycotts will never work on the internet. They are always over petty gripes, and, quite honestly, a good number of people will buy the game anyways.

Remember the MW2 boycott? Remember how many people in that group were seen playing the game the next day? There you have it.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't this how most pre-order DLC works anyway? I was under the assumption that it was.

Jul 5, 2009
Selvec said:
Hahahaha.

No.

The alternative is to let sales go to COD, and I don't think anyone wants to encourage that series to live any longer.

When you find crediable proof, let me know. Though I find it hard to believe DICE would allow this to happen given they are giving away a whole service that COD charges for, for free.
Fraid so:
http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/battlefield-3-limited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available

So far it's an extra LMG with a bi-pod, a shotgun, exclusive ammo for said shot gun and a flash suppressor for sniper rifles.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Well, that's kinda stupid, sure, but not really anything worth boycotting the game over.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
You know... every game I see "boycotted" on here sells like crazy.

So by all means, start a boycott.

Jul 5, 2009
CM156 said:
Video game boycotts will never work on the internet. They are always over petty gripes, and, quite honestly, a good number of people will buy the game anyways.

Remember the MW2 boycott? Remember how many people in that group were seen playing the game the next day? There you have it.
Actually sarcastic gamers one in EA and DICE for exactly the same reasons worked back in 08:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcastic_Gamer

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Well, EA, it would have been easier to just name the game Battlefield 3: Buy Call of Duty instead.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
CM156 said:

Actually sarcastic gamers one in EA and DICE for exactly the same reasons worked back in 08:

Mmm, allow me to amend my statement then: they don't often work.

Remember the MW2 dedicated servers boycott? Tons of people still got the game regardless. Remember the L4D 2 boycott? That got called off with valve only showing off what they already had.

xidphel

Jul 3, 2008
Oh. Another boycott. Interesting....

WHELP! Back to watching that video I was about to watch.

(BTW, I only looked at the title of the topic)

Jul 5, 2009
CM156 said:
CM156 said:

Mmm, allow me to amend my statement then: they don't often work.

Remember the MW2 dedicated servers boycott? Tons of people still got the game regardless. Remember the L4D 2 boycott? That got called off with valve only showing off what they already had.
Well I always thought the left for dead one was retarded, but the MW2 one was more, some PC gamers were gonna buy it regardless and a shit ton more just pirated it and cost Activision hundreds of millions of dollars.

Scunner

Jan 21, 2009
Fraid so:
http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/battlefield-3-limited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available

So far it's an extra LMG with a bi-pod, a shotgun, exclusive ammo for said shot gun and a flash suppressor for sniper rifles.
Those are launch day exclusive weapons, so if you pre-order you have them unlocked straight away but if you don't you can still unlock them as you level in multiplayer. Which is what every multiplayer shooter for the last 3 years has done with pre-order DLC.

Jul 5, 2009
Scunner said:
Fraid so:

Those are launch day exclusive weapons, so if you pre-order you have them unlocked straight away but if you don't you can still unlock them as you level in multiplayer. Which is what every multiplayer shooter for the last 3 years has done with pre-order DLC.
Oh.
Well fuck this, I'm going to bed then :p