Possible Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage Leaks

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
I'm willing to bet a few billion internets that this is Beyond Good & Evil 2. The similarities to the first game are just too close to call it anything else...

That footage looks really great, but it's probably too good to be true... proof of concept render, I'm sure of it...

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Then again, I've made plenty of mistakes about women when viewing them exclusively from behind
I bet he wasn't very happy about that :p

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
Wow! It looks really good, even if it isn't BG&E2 I'm still looking forward to it. Well, concepts always seem good, but this seems like a really good one :D

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
This trailer looks promising, the dynamic camera work could be a big breakthrough in presentation if it works as consistently as it does in the trailer. Consider me excited.

JLrep

May 8, 2009
Looks awesome. Does not look like gameplay. Looks like the sort of thing that AC and ME were promised to be, but judging that people are not weeping with the glory of those two games, didn't quite achieve.

I don't mind if they ratchet up the action, so long as they don't forget about the atmosphere. And I agree with sheic99. The original BG&E is like being a secret agent in an enormous soap bubble, among all the other creatures that inhabit soap bubbles. It's glorious.

I also think it's funny they messed up the helicopter. :p Considering how much money a clip like that's got to take to make...

VTSK

Jun 3, 2008
Well, the india sort of setting kind of makes sense, considering that in the trailer, they're in the middle of the desert.

I hope the stealth missions make a return. They were my favorite part of Beyond Good and Evil.

VTSK

Jun 3, 2008
Keane Ng said:
CrystalShadow said:
GRoXERs said:
Anyone else notice something wrong with the way the helicopter went from hover to fly mode?

Cookie to the first one to spot it.
Interesting that you spotted that.
It's one of those things your mind tends to gloss over.
I had to look at it a few times...

But... Since hovering would require downward thrust (counteracting gravity), rotating the propellers to face backwards would result in... Backwards thrust. XD.

So... At the very least the fans would have had to very rapidly change their direction of rotation as they turned back...
Wow. Just wow.
Yeah, what he said ^

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Wait, wasn't BG&E2 development suspended until they finish Rabbids Go Home? I doubt they'd make a secret trailer like that.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
I CAME...

Honestly, reading the rest of the thread cleared me of my rabid excitement & opened me up to some thoughts & opinions. I liked BG&E alot, but it was more because I felt like I was playing the new-age Zelda. So lemme suggest: they make 2 new BG&E games!

One of them can be codenamed "The Edge of Good & Evil", which will be alot like the vid above, samurai sword, wicked parkour with infinite chances to retry (& alot of different routes), perhaps a Prince of Persia style fighting system (to help with integrating the environment into combat), & hopefully not just that kind of scenery. & all the better if it still has explorable hidden areas, & a simple map/navigation system. Hmmm, perhaps it would be better in cel-shading, considering the necessary unrealism that makes BG&E.

The other, the real BG&E2, will also have a completely new system but still following a similar story (perhaps same characters, perhaps a similar rebellion with past characters acting in cameo appearances... Dibs on a Jade with pink hair! & by dibs I mean don't frickin' dare...), sticking closer to the Zelda style that I felt in the first game, where moves are limited but combat & puzzle-solving are challenging. & of course constantly upgrading vehicles, beautiful explorable areas, etc...

gah, sorry for the wall of text.
VTSK said:
Keane Ng said:
CrystalShadow said:
GRoXERs said:
...But... Since hovering would require downward thrust (counteracting gravity), rotating the propellers to face backwards would result in... Backwards thrust. XD.

So... At the very least the fans would have had to very rapidly change their direction of rotation as they turned back...
Same. Also, just as the copter is turning to fly-mode, u see what looks like a lever leaning to the right just behind the crane-looking part's base.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Hmm... It really feels nothing like the original Beyond Good and Evil. Interesting direction for them to take.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
Well she sounds like Jade. It's exactly the same voice from the first game.
And that stick on her back is definitely not something Faith would walk around with.
Oh let it be true!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
You know, after characters pull a float 'n glow stunt, they often become kinda different.

Still, why are people saying that this is so new? There was some platforming in BG&E, and really, it makes sense that an investigative journalist would be doin' some acrobatics.

Really, though, I can see them going in an all new direction with BG&E2, its just that they didn't have it wrong the first time. We're all here expectin' that they rehash the original system in something worthy of the standard of this generation.

They stuck Peyj and Jade in the desert.
The formula of seperate caverns 'n such has become ineffectual when you can walk on the space between areas, rather than have to rely on a boat. And unless they just plop caves everywhere, then things have to change.
And if its a different planet, no previous characters or species necessary.

Its just a shame in so many ways. There was so much going for the original, and I hate all that goodness to just die.
Wait, this is what spinoffs are for.
Where's the little blue girl who speaks DomZ!

And really, in this day and age, where would we need investigative journalism more than in a hot, desert-y climate? I think they're trying to relate the game to us. Our fears, our world.

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
Although the cinematic is mostly likely pre-rendered, I really do hope they manage to get the animations that fluid in the actual game. Probably not gonna happen, but one can hope.

My main beef with the original BG&E was for being too childish and naive for the most part - as well as a sheer disregard for subtlety. I quite the like the tone of this video, so something like this would be a great direction for the series. That said, one of the nicer things about the original game was the sheer diversity of gameplay, so I hope it won't all be Assassin's Creed-esque parkour the whole way through.

Also, that doesn't look like a normal sword. The blade looks a tad... glow-y?

Oh and why does the title say 'Possible Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage Leaks'? There is, alas, only one leak I can see here =/

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Judging by the absence of animal-people and otherwordly design elements (it is India), I don't think it's BG&E2. It's more like Mirror's Edge 2, without the runner vision. It is possible, the timeframe fits, it's in the future, and maybe the DICE folks decided to take Faith to a trip to India after the ruckus she caused in the big city. Granted, I don't know what that stick (or dai katana) is for, but I guess there is a perfectly plausible explanation.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Ubisoft has been tossing on their franchise's names on games that are either nothing like the previous ones or do not even have ANYTHING to do with them solely for the name recognition so ya know what, this very well could be Beyond Good and Evil 2. Despite the only similarity being the stick Jade has.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I would wager that it definitely IS BG&E2, because they would probably get sued for having that exact character if it wasn't. I think it looks pretty sweet, and may be a great direction for the franchise to go (parkour, assassins creed-ish type gameplay) so long as they keep what made the game great to begin with (puzzles, some stealth, photography, 1984 mentality). I will eagerly wait this one out, and am positive it will do 100 times better in sales than the first one.

Teachingaddict

Nov 8, 2008
Yog Sothoth said:
I'm willing to bet a few billion internets that this is Beyond Good & Evil 2. The similarities to the first game are just too close to call it anything else...

That footage looks really great, but it's probably too good to be true... proof of concept render, I'm sure of it...
I'm in full agreement, although I disagree with the render part - my feelings is this is a cut scene, perhaps the beginning one.

But OMG I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 NOW!!!!