Possible Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage Leaks

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
If that was "Beyond Good and Evil 2", then it looks like it's going to kick a little ass.

But it's just donned on me now: Ubisoft has a thing for making free-running action games.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Looks nothing like the original BG&E. Some free-running ok, but the whole setting in the first BG&E was incredibly awesome. It seems that they're scrapping that for something much more realistic. Where are the animal people and other crazy species, the whole world was...special, original, I liked it a lot. This looks like the near future in regular India. Just the choppers seem futuristic, I see normal riskja's and nothing out of the ordinary, like it's 2020 or something. I don't like that.
What I do like is the adding of free-running gameplay, but as long as it doesn't mean that a lot of the awesome parts of BG&E1 will get scrapped.
But, you guys, don't forget that we also have this picture:

So I guess all hope is not yet lost.
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Ubisoft has been tossing on their franchise's names on games that are either nothing like the previous ones or do not even have ANYTHING to do with them solely for the name recognition so ya know what, this very well could be Beyond Good and Evil 2. Despite the only similarity being the stick Jade has.
They changed that as well, look closely: it's a katana of some sorts.

Stainless

Apr 28, 2009
I got my hopes up about this being the real deal, but I'm pretty sure that's not Jade. Maybe some new IP we haven't heard of yet? Will be interesting though.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
that looks alot more like mirrors edge 2 then it does beyond good and evil 2... type in mirrors edge pics on google and tell me i'm wrong

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Kind of a toss-up here. I'm in the process of playing the original, so I have a pretty fresh idea of the world. I have to say I'm not completely convinced. Despite the similarities to Jade, and how the aircraft looks straight out of the original, there's one thing that doesn't look right: the sky. The sky in both the original and the first teaser trailer had a very distinct style that isn't present in that video.

aaron552

Jun 11, 2008
Jovlo said:
Well she sounds like Jade. It's exactly the same voice from the first game.
And that stick on her back is definitely not something Faith would walk around with.
Oh let it be true!
Yes. The "Hah" soundbyte is used in the BG&E. PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL.

It looks like they're using the assassin's creed engine (not surprising, it's a decent engine) and taking a slightly different gameplay style to the original (there were chase scenes in the orginal too, but they had the front-on camera). The only problem I can see is the lack of colour... everything is too muted and "realistic", especially when compared to the original. But, for me, any chance to see the story completed (the teaser at the end of the first game was pure torture) is more more than I could have hoped for after 6 years.

*attempts to stop hyperventilating*

Chris Bob

May 19, 2009

I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me WHY exactly do people think that this is not related to Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I think it might just be them doing a tech demo. You know, like the unreal engine ones. Cos, I don't see how the controls would work nor how this level looks intuitive or easy to understand.