Post any song you want

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Blue Stahli and Celldweller be my shit right now

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Solbasa said:
I'm gonna make the executive decision that y'all need more I Fight Dragons in your lives.

NES rock is the best rock.
Their songs are great acoustic, too!

(I have an eternal soft spot for acoustic versions of songs, regardless of the genre. Probably residual nostalgia from singing campfire songs as a kid or something.)

And also the song I was planning on posting before I saw that post:

(The movie's soundtrack is great as-is, but this should've made it on there somewhere, on top of being used in the ads.)

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Of course, it's a Metroid track by the person behind the other album's two top tracks.
Warning: extremely NSFW lyrics

Mullac

Oct 6, 2012
Lear said:
Mullac said:

My favourite musical piece, displays all the best aspects of progressive rock in an astonishing way - brilliant!
Wonderful. Hard to believe it's so maligned by some Yes fans, but still great.
Neuromancer said:
Don't mind if I do.

A song about guilt, solitude and the descend to madness.

It's good to know there's some fellow prog-rockers around here! And thanks for introducing me to Van Der Graaf Generator, I'd heard of them just never tried listening to them - for some unknown reason.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'ma do what I normally do when I can't decide. Go with a random choice. So I put my favourite playlist on random, and this is what came up:

The Rings are a post-punk (ish)/new wave act that existed from the late 70s to about 1982. The lack of mainstream success is largely attributed to a similarity to the Cars.

I'm just glad my attempts at an RNG roll included a YouTubeable song.

Skeith2005

Master Of Mashed Potatoes
Aug 31, 2008
My favorite song of all time:

But, I'll also toss this one in as well, as it ranks #2:

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
DizzyChuggernaut said:
Special prizes for anyone that can endure this from start to finish.
Personally I think it is a work of genius but your mileage may vary.
Hey who doesn't like a bit of Baroque Industrial Black Metal Avant-Bluegrass-Core? Idiots, that's who. Anyway, this one's been on my mind a fair bit lately:

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
This is probably what I love most about most about music: a great beat, solid flow, and above all else some amazing horns.

I will listen to any song if it does its horns right, does not matter the genre. In fact this whole album is amazing and I recommend it to everyone, it's this perfect fusion of jazz and rap which for some reason is such a unique combo in the modern era, which makes it stand out so much.

Please give it a listen, Guru deserves the love, and also recommend me more music like this if you know it.

Also gotta recommend Couch Potato by Jakubi, its one of the best lay back and chill songs since Bruno Mars's Lazy Day Anthem.

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
eh as the threads still going ill drop a couple more randoms in.

this one always makes me happy in a slightly trippy sort of way
and then there's this fancy little masterpiece ( hope you like off tune)
and just coz these guys need some loving too.. heres the old geezer chiefs