Post if you haven't played Skyrim yet!

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Count Igor said:
Agayek said:
That said, in another year Skyrim will likely be forgotten so take that for what it's worth.
I doubt this very much.
In a decade or two, there's a chance. But not in a year.
It just has too many arrows in the knees to be forgotten!
I used to play Skyrim, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
(Sorry, it was too tempting.)

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I've recently brought it so I'm waiting for the delivery now ^_^. I wanted it for ages but I didn't have the money, plus now the patches are out I have a bit more confidence that it won't freeze up on me (hopefully!).

TIP: Lovefilm are offering £10/£20 worth of amazon vouchers with their free trial.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I'm waiting for the GOTY edition, or some other sort of edition with all DLC and Patches included.
Could take 12-18 months, but i don't care. I'm not some impatiant 12year old.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
I haven't played it. I'm hoping to get it for christmas and if not, I'm going to buy it after when everything goes on sale.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I suppose i'll wait till that wonderful time when we get presents.

Then i'll get the GOTY edition as a present next year. XD

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
I don't have money and or time at the moment. next to my minor SC2 habit.

but I do love these kind of rpg's so I'll more then likely pick it up at some point in the future if either I have a job or it becomes abit cheaper

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Agayek said:
Gubernaculum said:
Your not missing anything.
Technically, he is actually missing something. Especially if it bothered him enough to post about it.

That said, in another year Skyrim will likely be forgotten so take that for what it's worth.
It'll be forgotten a lot sooner if they really are unable to fix it... that's what I've been hearing... and having played other Bethesda games, I can believe it.

I haven't bought it yet. And I wont until/unless it's fixed...and not everything but at least the freezing.

I did play it (ps3 version) at a friends house and saw enough of the framerate drop to make me want to wait for goty...then I'll just get it for the PC where the mods can fix it.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
I haven't played it yet either, largely because Oblivion left me cold, but also because I've been playing Saints Row: The Third and waiting to get the latest Assassin's Creed game for Christmas.

(I know enough about it to enjoy the "arrow to the knee" and "FUS RO DAH" memes, though.)

Ronmartin

Jun 1, 2011
The Elder Scrolls rather lost their appeal to me. I played Oblivion, and the experience did not encourage me to run out and get Skrim opening night (and for comparison, I did pick up Portal 2 & Arkham City opening night). The world looks good and all the fantasy elements are there, but it really falls flat in the little things. I can't get a feel for individual NPCs like I can in, say, Zelda, combat quickly became boring (First person melee just doesn't work, and magic or alchemy specialization made everything too easy), character creation was shallow (looking over the fact that it's completely unnecessary in a first person game, you can only alter the little details that nobody notices and can only change your head. If you want to make, say, an albino Argonian, their white-scaled head will sit atop a red-scaled body with a very distinct terminator line, like the character was put in the starter dungeon for killing someone and magically switching heads with them), and finally, after doing a million sidequests and reaching level one million I lost any motivation to do the main story line.

In Zelda, Deus Ex, Fable, many others, you still are invited to explore and do sidequests, but the game never lets you lose sight of the main goal. The main goal in Oblivion is lost by opening the entire world at once and giving no real motivation to complete it, as any dosh that can be found on the main story can be found equally or better, in the rest of the world. However, I probably could still overlook all this, but for one thing:

When the HELL is Bethesda going to realize that levelling up the entire world in porportion to you is a crap idea? I want to reach level one hundred in stabbing things and then go up to a demon lord or whatever and oneshot its face! If the number of facestabs prior to death is roughly the same between level on and level sixty three, what's the point in levelling up? People buy this game for the huge, epic fantasy world, and you have that fine!!! Changing this will not ruin your game!!!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I haven't played it yet. I'll probably pick it up at some point but at this moment in time I'm not that bothered. Which as a result is making these forums incredibly dull at the moment.

Roll on March and Mass Effect 3 so I can join in conversations again.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I haven't played it and I don't intend to. That's not meant as a dig at the game, I'm sure it's a good one from everything I've heard about it. I just never got into Elder Scrolls, so I just don't have any interest in Skyrim.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
noahpocalypse said:
I am wondering who (besides me) has not yet had a chance to experience the behemoth that is Skyrim?
I haven't played it yet, but I'm dying to. Instead of buying it at release I decided to ask Santa Claus for it. The wait, anticipation, fact that it has been out for nearly a month is killing me. It will make for a very merry Christmas for me. (I'm also awaiting Zelda Skyward Sword)

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I have not played it yet. I will probably wait for around a year until it is on sale.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
I haven't, and I'm still waiting for a mod like Oscuro's to be released before playing it.
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my PS3 copy of L.A. Noire to arrive.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I haven't played yet, got too many unplayed games lying around, due to lack of time.
But it's on my wish list for christmass, and i'll probably get to it sooner or later.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Let us join together people!
We are the 1%!

[HEADING=1]OCCUPY SKYRIM![/HEADING]

[small]...wait, occupying would actually make us part of the other percent.[/small]

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Agayek said:
Gubernaculum said:
Your not missing anything.
Technically, he is actually missing something. Especially if it bothered him enough to post about it.

It'll be forgotten a lot sooner if they really are unable to fix it... that's what I've been hearing... and having played other Bethesda games, I can believe it.

I haven't bought it yet. And I wont until/unless it's fixed...and not everything but at least the freezing.

I did play it (ps3 version) at a friends house and saw enough of the framerate drop to make me want to wait for goty...then I'll just get it for the PC where the mods can fix it.
I highly doubt that Skyrim will be forgotten only because of the PS3 only framerate drop. Yes, that is probably unfixable, since it is an issue with how the engine works not being friendly to the PS3's processor and not simply a bug; the PS3 fanbase for Skyrim though, to my knowledge, only accounts for about 30% of total sales of the game.