Post if you haven't played Skyrim yet!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I have the game but haven't played it. Why? Because there is a lot of great games recently released (currently playing Uncharted 3, Batman and Rayman), most of them a lot less time consuming.

Also, I hope the cushion given to Bethesda by all the other great games will let them patch it into a more playable state.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
haven't played because my parents refuse to buy a new computer. they'd rather pay just as much to fix this piece of crap every time it breaks down.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Still haven't. Still don't plan to.
Though I find it hilarious that I was able to isolate and identify technical problems without ever playing the game. Solely because Bethesda steadfastly refuses to fix a goddamn thing in their games or their design philosophy.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Let them properly fix it, add a shitload of DLC and drop the price to around 20 bucks. Then I'll consider it. Maybe in two-three years?

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
It's said how I just got into the series a week ago, starting with Oblivion... with 36 hours already invested, there's still so much to do, and I definitely plan on getting Morrowind and Skyrim. I really like Oblivion, and I heard that it was the worst out of the last three games.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
lotr rocks 0 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Agayek said:
Gubernaculum said:
Your not missing anything.
Technically, he is actually missing something. Especially if it bothered him enough to post about it.

That said, in another year Skyrim will likely be forgotten so take that for what it's worth.
It'll be forgotten a lot sooner if they really are unable to fix it... that's what I've been hearing... and having played other Bethesda games, I can believe it.

I haven't bought it yet. And I wont until/unless it's fixed...and not everything but at least the freezing.

I did play it (ps3 version) at a friends house and saw enough of the framerate drop to make me want to wait for goty...then I'll just get it for the PC where the mods can fix it.
I highly doubt that Skyrim will be forgotten only because of the PS3 only framerate drop. Yes, that is probably unfixable, since it is an issue with how the engine works not being friendly to the PS3's processor and not simply a bug; the PS3 fanbase for Skyrim though, to my knowledge, only accounts for about 30% of total sales of the game.
And I wonder why.
More ps3 players might buy their games if they could make a decent port.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I haven't played it yet. Mostly because I'm broke and unemployed. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.

paladinsama

Feb 6, 2008
Haven't played it yet. But it is in my backlog list.
Probably until sometime next year, or early 2013.

Venoregard

Jul 3, 2011
All I have is a ps3, and the Amazon rating has gone down to 3 stars due to bugs that some have said will never be fixed. I originally wanted Skyrim, but I'm seriously considering getting books for Christmas.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
I think the Skyrim hype is bigger on The Escapist than most other websites. Seems like most people here are very fantasy-orientated. I have like no interest in such things.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I used to be planning on playing Skyrim like you, then this unfunny meme got posted everywhere.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I have not yet. I would very much like to, but I want to wait for the price to come down. And The Old Republic starts soon, anyway - I can use Skyrim to take a break from it later.