Post some godawful video game character designs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Abore in the stirrup pants, white shirt, and red trousers looks ridiculous.

The NES Version looks so much better.

Reactions: Dalisclock

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
1677743328231.png
A fan character created for Streets of Rage Remake. The fishnets and high-heeled boots are one thing, especially since multiple characters in Streets of Rage already fight in high heels, but fishnet sleeves is trying way too hard for not a lot of return. Besides, she kinda has to compete with Blaze already, and she comes up pretty short there.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Theodore's final form in Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King. "So we're going to make a game using a well known license, make a very good opening cinematic, then cheap out on the in-game content and end on a wet turd of a final boss."

Or as the kids would say:

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Sigh, look at this stupid fuck. Gaming is no stranger to edgelord designs, but this is just sad.
I wished that game had more of a sense of humor. I like to imagine the main character reading his manifesto whilst loading every conceivable firearm (including at least one flintlock) into a single duffel bag, only to end with him unable to move it off the table. A few attempts to yank it only to break the strap, then him grumpily fishing out a single handgun and stomping out his front door.

Speaking of characters that somehow feel both under cooked and overdone at the same time, Mandril Shrike from Red Faction II:

Come to think of it, "under cooked and overdone" could have been the design motto for Red Faction II, but Shrike definitely got the worst of it. Poor bastard looks like a dollar store Postal dude.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sigh, look at this stupid fuck. Gaming is no stranger to edgelord designs, but this is just sad.
If you think the game is edgelord, you should see the people who created it. The head writer goes by the name "Herr Warcrimer", and is a vocalist for the band Infernal War; he glorifies genocide and indiscriminate murder.

His biggest crime, of course, is that ripoff Doom font for the title.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
View attachment 8127
A fan character created for Streets of Rage Remake. The fishnets and high-heeled boots are one thing, especially since multiple characters in Streets of Rage already fight in high heels, but fishnet sleeves is trying way too hard for not a lot of return. Besides, she kinda has to compete with Blaze already, and she comes up pretty short there.
Everything about her screams "FAN FIC CHARACTER"! She's one of the few things I don't like about SORR.

Bloody Roar 4 killed the franchise, with Hudson Soft making all of these weird and bad story decisions make no sense! What worse is the lead character in that game sucks, has nothing to do with anything, and she is a Kasumi (Dead Or Alive) rip-off that does not look like a character belonging in the BR universe!

Her "beast form" ain't even real a beast form! Nagi looks like some Witchtblade/Guyver background or side character. A reminder that this is the lead character in BR4!

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Everything about her screams "FAN FIC CHARACTER"! She's one of the few things I don't like about SORR.

Bloody Roar 4 killed the franchise, with Hudson Soft making all of these weird and bad story decisions make no sense! What worse is the lead character in that game sucks, has nothing to with anything, and she is a Kasumi (Dead Or Alive) rip-off that does not look like a character belongs in the BR universe!

Her "beast form" ain't even real beast form! Nagi looks like some Witchtblade/Guyver background or side character. A reminder that this is the lead character in BR4!
I lack context. Does her transformation into a beast involve running to a lingerie shop to buy a different bra ?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I lack context. Does her transformation into a beast involve running to a lingerie shop to buy a different bra ?
In Bloody Roar series, most characters can turn into an animal. Think Animoprhs crossed with X-Men. It was one of the rare fighting games, with a good, unique, and engaging storyline starting at Bloody Roar 2. Too bad Hudson fucked it up with BR4!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Not a video game, but there's a character in Soul Eater that wears a cape... and that's it. She also has a couple lines of body paint. Sometimes I really think the author wishes he was writing a H-manga.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
HOT TAKE: Elden Ring's General Radahn.

1679490406866.png

Primarily, it's the comically small horse he's riding. It's REALLY silly, makes zero sense, and makes him a visual joke save for his massive, fuck-all person and swords. I think a better, more FROM-like macabre twist would be to have the horse be dead and dangling between his legs instead of the the functional mount it is.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
HOT TAKE: Elden Ring's General Radahn.

View attachment 8325

Primarily, it's the comically small horse he's riding. It's REALLY silly, makes zero sense, and makes him a visual joke save for his massive, fuck-all person and swords. I think a better, more FROM-like macabre twist would be to have the horse be dead and dangling between his legs instead of the the functional mount it is.
He's using gravity magic to 'lighten' himself so he didn't have to abandon his beloved steed once he became too big.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not the worst fashion, but still kind of odd. Booty shorts with the G-String, and a bandana. The 4th boss in the 3rd picture, The Gentleman, looks plain ridiculous on the other hand.

1688493717524.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon