Post some useless trivia.

thick doona

Jul 11, 2011
Hi guys, I'd love to see some useless trivia!

Did you know that there is no mathematical function to gain the exact square root of all real numbers?

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
Herbert Spencer coined the term "Survival of the Fittest".
Not Charles Darwin, though Spencer's work was inspired by Darwin's.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I just got a job! Yay!

Also if you want to know what's in the basement, it's probably pirates.

YourMom

Nov 20, 2009
TheDarkEricDraven said:
There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

ME.
I lol'd, then I went and watched that episode for the 100th time.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
At first, I didn't know who that person was in everyone's avatar when I clicked the red button.

In fact, I had to read the system message it sent me to figure out who it was.

I had thought it was some random girl. >.>

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Arthur Wellesly, the Duke of Wellington (think Waterloo), was born in Ireland.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Apollo 1: Unfueled systems test. Fire in command module caused death of all three astronauts in less than 30 seconds. Radical practice revision and audit changes NASA methods and conduct permanently [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1#Accident].

Apollo 2: Rocket test, stage 1 of Project Highwater [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Highwater]

Apollo 3: Rocket test, stage 2 of Project Highwater

Apollo 4: Final rocket test of first stage engines, Lunar orbit test (unmanned testing module crashes into Moon successfully)

Apollo 5: Atmospheric test of Lunar module engine abort modes.

Apollo 6: Second unmanned Lunar orbit test, testing module successfully returns to Earth

Apollo 7: Manned testing of navigation systems of the Command module in Earth orbit

Apollo 8: Manned Lunar orbit "dry-run", man first orbits the moon

Apollo 9: Manned testing of Service Module, Command Module and Lunar module in Earth orbit

Apollo 10: Manned Lunar orbit, Lunar module deployed but never landed. Testing for Moon landing deemed complete.

Apollo 11: First manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 2.5 hours.

Apollo 12: Second manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 7.75 hours.

Apollo 13: Mission aborted after explosion en route to the moon, astronauts successfully recovered. Currently holds human altitude record.

Apollo 14: Third manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 9.3 hours.

Apollo 15: Fourth manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 18.7 hours. Due to amount and quality of samples, widely considered to be the most successful mission.

Apollo 16: Fifth manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 20.2 hours.

Apollo 17: Sixth and final (to date) manned Lunar landing. Mission on surface duration 22.1 hours.

Apollo 18: Redesignated for the Skylab Project SkyLab 1. Carried America's first Space station into orbit.

Apollo 19: Redesignated for the Skylab Project SkyLab 2. Carried crew of four as well as provisions to SkyLab.

Apollo 20: Redesignated for the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project.

Apollo 21: Never built, funding cuts led to cancellation.

Apollo 22: Never built, funding cuts led to cancellation.

Apollo 23: Cancelled before planning stage.

Apollo 24: Cancelled before planning stage.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
ladies and gentlemen i give you everything you didn't need to know about duck sex http://www.physorg.com/news180769252.html

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Twinkies once used a banana filling but due to their seasonal nature that was replaced with the cheaper cream filling used today. And it takes less than a year for them to solidify and become inedible.

Hyperrhombus

Mar 31, 2011
katsumoto03 said:
The sun's poles are reversed every 11 years.
The Earths poles switch every 500 years or so, and we`re expecting one about now.

Pheonixe said:
Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
Also, cows can walk up stairs but not down them.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg said:
Dogs cant look up

I joke
But penguins really cant; when the first aircraft passed over the antarctic, a passing flock of penguins all fell over trying to see where the noise in the sky came from...

Thaa'ir

Feb 10, 2011
English has more words derived from Old French than it does from Old English/Anglo-Saxon.