Post some useless trivia.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
WanderingBiscuits said:
"The Irish Car Bomb" drink was first created in america.
The ingredients consist of a half shot Irish whiskey ,a half shot of Irish cream [usually baileys] and half pint of Irish stout

Kevin spacey is a fan of pro wrestling.

The Honey Badger is the most fearless animal on earth.

I can fit 12 dead babies in the back of my car.

Ignore that last one.
Irish spell it "whiskey", as you did.
The Scots spell it "whisky", and the Americans use both interchangeably.

This is a generalisation, of course...

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Cashews need to be boiled twice before eating, otherwise they're poisonous. Also, while boiling, they put off vapors that can blind you.

Which begs the question, why on earth was a group that interested in eating a nut that had to kill at least two people and blind one before they figured out how to prepare them?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
A group of crows is called a murder. A group of ravens is called an unkindly. A group of doves is called a flight.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
When you put a sea shell to your ear... its not actually the sound of the sea...
Its the sound of reality slowly tearing at the seems.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The only bone that sits freely in a human body is the Hyoid (its not connected to anything basically).

The Pittsburgh Penguins have the longest winning streak in the NHL at 17 games (started with Boston, ended in New Jersey).

The Patriots have the longest winning streak (in both regular season and playoff games) at 21 games (ended by the Pittsburgh Steelers [who also have hte most super bowl rings, at 6 {currently}]) but only the Miami Dolphins have had a perfect season.

However, the pittsburgh pirates were (and sometimes still are) considered the worst time in the history of Sports, losing 18 (yes, you read that right, 18) consecutive seasons.

Pittsburgh was also the first to use an emoticon, in 1982. it was :) And in 2006, it was stated as having the most bridges in the world in one city.

Hometown pride.

EDIT:

Ace of Spades said:
Antarctica is the only continent with no owls.

And snakes, and I'm pretty sure spiders.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
creationis apostate said:
Gincairn said:
The word "Salary" goes back to the Latin word that originally denoted a 'allowance given to a Roman soldier for buying salt'
ahh, no. They were paid in salt.
Legless Zombie said:
The speed of light is the universal speed limit.
do you, however, know why that is?
CaptainTrilby said:
Joan of Arc was burned at the stake by the French for cross dressing
Also, she wasn't called "Joan of arc", she was called Joan D'arc. But people mis-heard her and thought that (due to the nature of the french language) this meant joan of arc.
plus the name is not Joan but Jeanne D'Arc and d'arc (de arc) actually means "of arc".

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Fictional virology time!

The green flu mutates on a nearly daily basis, making it insanely difficult to create any sort of vaccine or even properly make quarantine protocols for.

The rage virus originated from attempting to create an anger inhibiting virus using ebola as the basis. I assume at some point they thought of trying to make it non lethal, not that it matters because during primate testing they found it had the opposite effect.

I'm not quite sure how it works, but the necromorphs method of infection is very clever. The suicidal/homicidal tendencies caused by the marker makes sure there are plenty of bodies for the space bats to take over, creating a large "first wave" of necromorphs to overwhelm any resistance.

The t virus can have different effects based on transmission method. One file in resi 1 indicates the tyrant as a result of pure t-virus inject directly into the flesh. Presumably, other test subjects were infected perhaps via an airborne infection, as the t-virus does have a short lived airborne effect after release. Zombie bites probably do not contain a pure enough form of the virus to cause tyrant mutations. Resi games would be a hell of a lot harder if they did.

I need to get out more...

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
Lt_Bromhead said:
WanderingBiscuits said:
"The Irish Car Bomb" drink was first created in america.
The ingredients consist of a half shot Irish whiskey ,a half shot of Irish cream [usually baileys] and half pint of Irish stout

Kevin spacey is a fan of pro wrestling.

The Honey Badger is the most fearless animal on earth.

I can fit 12 dead babies in the back of my car.

Ignore that last one.
Irish spell it "whiskey", as you did.
The Scots spell it "whisky", and the Americans use both interchangeably.

This is a generalisation, of course...
Oh, I didn't know that :eek:
-the more you know-

Captcha: Push The Envelope

To Where?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Q: How many rules are there in international Cricket as set by the governing body the MCC?

A: 42

I'm not even joking, isn?t it awesome!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
I'm too lazy to think of something, so I'll just post some trivia videos.

btw: skip to about half way for the good part (01:30 or so)

Gypsy Ninja Pirate Zombie King

What the hell am i!???
Oct 25, 2010
Togashi Yoshihirohe the author of YuYu Hakusho and Hunter × Hunter is married to Naoko Takeuchi, the author of Sailor Moon.

For some reason i find this incredibly awesome.