Power armoured marine or girlish boy with big sword?

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.69967.678645 said:
[http://imageshack.us]
Marines used katanas? Didn't know that there were marines in 1600 Japan.

Thats a Sith not a marine (an example is at the bottom of the page "Heart and Seoul")

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.69967.678940 said:
where did you get that picture?
I just searched google for "girly power armour"

shatnershaman post=9.69967.678955 said:
Marines used katanas? Didn't know that there were marines in 1600 Japan.
That is a united states Marine's dress sword. as in the modern united states marines.

And the darth vader thing is power armour. It's electronicly powered to make his frail and burnt body be able to move. That would make it power armour, not the same as that blatant rip off of a warhammer 40k space marine you can see down the bottom. But power armour all the same.

minoes

Aug 28, 2008
US soldiers picked up the Katanas of death Japanese officers and kept them as trophies.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.69967.678969 said:
That is a united states Marine's dress sword. as in the modern united states marines.

And the darth vader thing is power armour. It's electronicly powered to make his frail and burnt body be able to move. That would make it power armour, not the same as that blatant rip off of a warhammer 40k space marine you can see down the bottom. But power armour all the same.
Dress Sword. As in not used in real combat like a gun. By all means then some girlish boys count then since some have guns just they are never used/picked up/useful (FF7!)

Not a marine.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
The title doesn't say "Power armoured marine or girlish boy with big sword used like a gun" does it?
Besides I'm not sure what you mean by not a marine. If you are refering to the sword then yes, it is a marine's sword, if you mean that darth vader isn't a marine, then I suppose you're right. but what about this

[http://imageshack.us] In fact, I'm pretty sure this proves all of my points at once.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
The image isn't showing... Also some text to accompany it would have been nice.
(I appreciate the little things like that)

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
M0rp43vs post=9.69967.676402 said:
personally,
1)A dog whose world is a canvas
2)A psychic acrobat who goes to a psychic camp
3)A gruff man with a beard, a cig and in a skin tight suit and a lot of character
4)A bald headed motorcyle and battle cruiser driving marine in green
5)A mutated female telepathic super soldier who is now evil and ruler of a giant alien swarm
6)A humanoid mouthless alien with an awesom psychic blade and [psychic ability to bend light] that makes him invisible
1) Okami
2) The dude from Psychonauts
3) dunno
4) Jim Raynar (starcraft)
5) Kerrigan (a.k.a. Queen Of Blades) (ruler of zerg swarm) (starcraft)
6) Zaratul and the Dark Templar (starcraft)

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.69967.678999 said:
The image isn't showing... Also some text to accompany it would have been nice.
(I appreciate the little things like that)
Damn gremlins
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1194910174/gallery_11038_597_117889.jpg

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Aha! Now it just needs to be coloured pink and we'll have our hybrid. Of course then It will need to be put into a game...

BBLIZZARD

Jun 19, 2008
Ughh, I like JRPG's more than the typical muscular dude badass game but looking at the characters in most JRPG's and most Badass Games, It boils down to a pick of wimpy girlish guys, or bruting hulks wearing next to no clothes...

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
I don't play shooters, but I think I play the Fantasy equivalent of the Armed-to-the-teeth space marine. In the elder scrolls games, I play an enchanter. I enchant everything I own until i'm just a giant walking war crime.

Gauntlets that shoot fireballs the size of small houses. Pants that let me fly. Rings of invisibility. Swords that also shoot fireballs of improbable size. THE HAMMER OF ULTIMITE SMITING!!

I don't go in for the girly man with his giant sword. I'm more of a "Bring more guns than the other guy" style of fighting.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.69967.679007 said:
Aha! Now it just needs to be coloured pink and we'll have our hybrid. Of course then It will need to be put into a game...
Well I guess the official games workshop model (you know the guys who made Warhammer 40K in 1987) doesn't count and even then it is in a game. Dawn of War.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8827/chaosarmydealco6.jpg

http://exe.gotfrag.com/files/upload/galleryimage_15831_t.jpg

Jul 9, 2008
Simon_TR post=9.69967.676624 said:
Armored girly space marine with a huge sword!
You mean master chief? Think about it: he's armored, he's a space marine, at times he has a (plasma) sword, and he has emotions (for cortana, I guess), which are girly (I hope you saw the irony of that last part).

Although I'd like to say I don't care, I have to say space marine, but not invincible ones like Master Chief. Rather, ones who still seem human, who can do wrong, but still serve the greater good, like Shepard from Mass Effect. Given more choices than the two, characters like Raz and Amaterasu would be at the top of the list.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.69967.676389 said:
I have some emotions about him too - most of them disgust. At least the Japanese guys aren't arrogant.
Really difficult to agree with you on the Japanese guys part.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
i like people who are believable characters. Japaniese girly warrior boys just annoy me. The marines in power armour how ever at least add the fun factor. Who doesnt like absorbing a sea of bullets and dishing out enough firepower to turn china into a ghost-town

Jul 6, 2008
Eldritch Warlord post=9.69967.676499 said:
M0rp43vs post=9.69967.676410 said:
Knew no one would get the last three.
Heres a tip, blizzards other rts besides warcraft
tsk, amateurs.

James Raynor
Sera Kerrigan (infested)
Zeratul

I prefer the buff dude in power armor, I don't see why every Japanese hero needs a sword nearly as big (if not bigger) than themselves.
Compensating for something, perhaps;)

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
The Blue Mongoose post=9.69967.678349 said:
Raz, Snake, Raynor? he isn't bald though, Kerrigan, Zeretul

WHAT ABOUT TASSADAR!?
raynor ain't bald? in the first he is. plus I was woulda edited in tassadar(rest in peace warrior) but then there was a thunderstorm :(

also, cookies to all who got the last three, I didn't think anyone would get them