Praise a game you hate!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
COD Black Ops has a interesting setup I really like it that you play a Manchurian candidate without you knowing it.

JoeThree

May 8, 2010
Even though the method of obtaining the magic was crap, the junctioning in and of itself in FF8 was a really great system.

FF13 was pretty, and the designers were clever enough in its creation to get me to trust them again... I really hope I'll learn my lesson this time.

Uhm... non-Square hate... hmmm.... I don't believe anyone had died as a direct result of playing Batman and Robin for the PS1.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Wasn't this thread already made a few days ago?

Anyways...

Sonic 06 sounds VERY good, and the concept of Silver I find is pretty cool. If the Silver boss fight (I don't think he should have been playable [nor shadow]) was better polished, it would have been very memorable for the right reasons.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
Storm Shadow had a good story line. Too bad its play machanics were horrible shit, i really want ot play that game without the bad machanics.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Modern Warfare 3, although pretty much the exact same game as the other call of duties, is still entertaining with it's online gameplay.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
DoPo said:
I already did [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.370436-Praise-a-game-you-dont-like]. That. My game was Blood Omen 2.
That is a thread about praising games you don't like this is about praising games you hate.
OT: Bioshock had allot of potential to be a good game.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Homefront had a ton of potential.

I also liked the speech mechanics in Alpha Protocol, specifically how it was all timed.

APOX had a cool concept with both plot and units that could pick up different equipment.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
I think it is amazing how so many people can meet up and interact with each other in WoW. It is built almost to perfection by making the players Need to keep on playing the game and never stop. There is so much variety in being able to choose from over a dozen different types of character builds.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Final Fantasy VII taught me to care less about the size of my sword and more on how many shiny gems I can stuff inside it.

Call of Duty: Black Ops introduced me to a group of people I otherwise would have never met in real life: mouth-breathing, racist homophobes.

Splatterhouse (2010 remake) gave me a new respect for the vocal talents of Jim Cummings. Tell me you kept a straight face when you heard him say "Awwww, I'm sorry, did your vagina just say something?"

Alpha Protocol...erm...well...it was the first attempt at a totally spy-themed game since Covert Action?

I'm sure I could come up with more, but at the same time I'd rather not relive any more painful memories at this time.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Halo: Reach has an absolutely awesome map builder
Bioshock had a really cool concept and amazing graphics
Fallout 3 did a good job of being Oblivion with guns and people who weren't made out of clay.

New Vegas Samurai

Dec 12, 2010
Dragon age 2
It had it's moments, and the dialogue was still what you would expect from a Bioware game. The combat was also... A step somewhere?