Praise a game you hate!

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Final Fantasy X hasn't tried to kill me i my sleep yet, and it also hasn't sacrificed a bus load of orphans to appease Space Cthulu... Thats the only good thing I can say about that piece o' crap!

Halo has a nice soundtrack and Red vs Blue is a pretty solid series.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Oh come on... I made this thread not too long ago...

blarg [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.370436-Praise-a-game-you-dont-like]

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
DOTA had some interesting heroes and skills

Assassin's Creed had absolutely beautiful graphics

Dead Island had pretty scenery

Front Mission evolved made me think of the older Front Missions, which it was spun off from

Carnival Games had................. carnival games in it?

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
Halo is really enjoyable with 8 players in a room with lots of caffeine and sugar.
Fable 3 looked really good, especially the charging up of spells.
Shadow of the colossus had beautiful design and was very unique.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
I found the team dynamic of Sonic Heroes to be interesting and (if used right) quite satisfying. Unfortunately the rest of the game didn't live up to the interesting core mechanic...

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Picking up stormtroopers with the force and juggling them about was very fun in The Force Unleashed 2. I liked seeing the return of the magsec 4 in Perfect Dark Zero.

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
Batman: Arkham Asylum had an interesting stealth and movement mechanic, and had batman in it.

Beyond Good and Evil had an interesting world and some enjoyable characters and was certainly difficult at times.

Command and Conquer 4 certainly tried to move the game in a new direction.

Ghost Master didn't perma crash until I got to the final cinematic.

X3 was a space sim. I expect there was game play too that might have had a difficulty curve of sorts but I never sorted out how to move so I quit.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Call of Duty has Nazi Zombies, which is like the pinnacle of humans it's okay to kill, though I guess zombies aren't exactly human. They're Nazi's that have turned into zombies. How could you NOT kill it?

RingaFiar

Mar 12, 2011
Racecarlock said:
Mafia II looked kind of nice.
Actually was thinking similar thing, and that bit where they do a shout out to first Mafia game was good too.
Shame the game as a whole left me feeling let down.

Oh and Dungeon Siege (the first one) looked stunning when it came out, seemed like it had loads to offer but ultimately had no depth.

Also that Space Invader, second row from top, 3rd from left, why didn't they develop its backstory, would have been a classic then.

The blue ghost in pacm...
sorry,

I'm getting silly now, too much beer, not enough sleep.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Halo, to me, brought something very special to the fps genre. In a market filled with war shooters, it was a colorful sci-fi affair.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
MW3 had a pretty fun campaign. It was just way too short and the story wasn't very good.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour gave Duke Nukem some new lines.
Duke Nukem Forever finally shut up the tossers with the "Did Not Finish" jokes.
Golden Tee gives me an easy way to sort out the tossers who don't really play video games and are looking down their noses at me.