PRANKS! Let's hear 'em!!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My friends and I were discussing some pranks we?ve pulled on people throughout the years, and I thought it might make for a good, lighthearted thread here. What pranks have YOU pulled (or witnessed, or been the victim of?)

My most memorable prank was years ago. I was working for a now long-gone electronics retail store in their warehouse; it was the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday, so we had to come in early to get ready for the rush. I was the second one in the parking lot; the first was my buddy who had to drive from 45 minutes away; he was asleep in his car with it idling as it was 4:00am and freezing outside. Welp, the devil inside me instructed me to park my car, perpendicular, two feet from to his driver?s side door, turn on the brights and lay on the horn. What I saw next was beautiful: there, in the glow of my lights, I saw my friend?s once sleeping head shoot upright like a bullet and turn sharply left with the epitome of wide-eyed panic stare as he grabbed the steering wheel in a futile attempt to steer out of the way of traffic he?d thought he?d fallen asleep in. It was glorious; he was so terrified, adrenaline was squirting out the top of his head like a fountain. It was almost a full minute before he?d collected himself, realized he wasn?t about to die and was able to get out of his car and proceed to throw such curses at me as to make Satan blush. I was laughing so hard, I nearly passed out, but I managed to sputter a few half-hearted apologies through laughing fits and offered to buy him a coffee. He begrudgingly accepted (most likely to calm his nerves,) but didn?t speak to me until lunch. By that time, the tale had spread throughout the building, and our manager brought up the security footage from that morning and was showing it to everyone, even my friend, the butt of the joke, who upon seeing it, had to admit it was some funny shit.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
April 1st, my brother and I woke our computer-illiterate mom up and informed her that "the computer's been gigabyted! You need to come and take a look at it!" Once she was at the computer, we laughed and informed her that the computer had not, in fact, been gigabyted.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Queen Michael said:
April 1st, my brother and I woke our computer-illiterate mom up and informed her that "the computer's been gigabyted! You need to come and take a look at it!" Once she was at the computer, we laughed and informed her that the computer had not, in fact, been gigabyted.
Uhm...how is that a prank?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
When I was in third grade I pulled a chair out from someone who was sitting down.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
We got 3 cranes and brought them to our high school. After we labeled them "1", "2", and "4", we let them loose. They drove upstairs and it usually takes a pig to get them out. Teacher resigned!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
On the last day of high school for our year, a distraction (people dresses up as Power Rangers and fought) was set up in the cafeteria. It was to get one of our teachers, in which it was also his last day, away from his office. Another group sneaked in there and replaced all his football team merchandise with the rival team's merch.

He was a good sport about it, which was great.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Pranks aren't funny. I don't enjoy making people feel stupid for my own or others amusement. OP, you're lucky your friend didn't hurt himself in his panic. Making someone think they are about to die is really awful and dangerous. Frankly you should be ashamed of doing such a horrible thing.

Topical Weird Al song:

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I've only ever done one real prank; in 10th grade or so, when I was actively using Skype, some of my old Youtube Pals convinced me to prank phone call someone. I ended up prank calling a Subway in Alaska (through Skype). On the fly, I basically told them that they gave me the Broodwich [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/AquaTeenHungerForce], without saying it was a Broodwich; that the Sandwich was sending me to a Hellish Dimension where some weird creature with an Ax was trying to kill me every time I took a bite out of it. They couldn't do anything for me, and my friends found it funny... But my Brother overheard and tattled on me, and I never did anything like that again.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Silentpony said:
Queen Michael said:
Uhm...how is that a prank?
It might not be a prank according to the dictionary definition, but it's the best I had at the moment.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Pranks are terrible and cruel, I only use them for revenge or a deterrent. Like the time I found out a friend of mine was sexually abused at a frat party. So I played this prank on the frat guys where I broke into their house and left an upper decker... and took pictures of all of the stolen cable channels in each guy's room. And then turned those pictures over to the cable company.

I was laughing. Funny prank, the upper decker.

Another time (also back in my college days) a prank war started with a waterdoor prank (simply pouring water under a guy's dorm door; they wake up and sleepily pad over toward their door and splish, wet socks.) But it escalated and branched out into including more and more guys. Finally I decided to end it by waterdooring the original prankster, but then stungunning his door handle with a cattle prod, completing the electrical circuit from the water on the floor to the door handle. The pranks started dying out at that point.

Common enough pranks back in those days. Probably get sued for it nowadays, and rightfully so.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I tell my kids that I love them and that they really are mine every day.

It's a long game, true, and the patience is certainly wearing thin...but will definitely pay off on my death bed and the will reading afterwards

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Putting a post it note over the laser of somebody's mouse can stop them doing work for a good while if they're stupid enough.

Mar 30, 2010
A load of us went to do a zombie run in Glasgow a couple of years back. One member of our group was continually going on and on about how cool it would be if we all went in fancy dress costumes from the Plants vs Zombies game (see what he was doing there?!?) and despite being shot down for his crappy suggestion time and time again just would not let it go. Clearly, he deserved punishment. So we all, in secret, decided that the true theme of the zombie run should be characters from 80's film and tv, but tell him that we had decided to go with his idea. His face, when he was standing there in this crappy Plant costume that still reeked of the aerosol paint he'd coated it with earlier on that day, seeing us all dressed up as our 80's theme (Superman, Magnum PI, Jason Vorhees, the birthday girl in her Mogwai costume, you get the idea) was classic. I even managed to get a photo exactly as he walked through the door. I swear, you can actually see his heart breaking. XD
So when I got myself onto the property ladder for the first time I decided to throw a massive house party (which no doubt endeared me to the neighbors, but hey ho) to celebrate. Now as everyone knows the first person to crash out during a house party must be pranked. We've done quite a few over the years - shaved eyebrows, clingfilm mummification, used condom buckaroo, etc. so we felt the need to up the game for this one. One of the lasses present produced from her bag a tube of hair removal cream, and this was liberally applied to the head of the first guy to fall asleep. Very pleased with our prank we carried on the party, getting drunk(er) and generally having a bloody good time. Thing is, in our revelry we kinda forgot about John, and it wasn't until the party wound down the next morning that he was discovered, still asleep and with the cream still on his head. That party was 18 years ago, and the poor guy still has to comb over a couple of bald spots.
Really simple this one, but got one hell of a reaction. A friend of mine got his hands on some Eden District Council header paper from the council offices and sent out a bunch of eviction notice letters. Some to friends, but one - most notably - to his parents. We all took our letters in good humour. His dad, on the other hand, knocked him bloody up and down the street.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
One of my housemates at University had the Scouting For Girls' song 'She's So Lovely' as his wake up song. A bad song at the best of time, even worse playing at 'whole house can hear this crap' levels at 7AM.

I replaced that MP3 file on his computer with a new one, same name, same artist information, but the audio was 'Lines Begin To Blur' by Nine Inch Nails. I also adjusted the volume on his speakers from loud to 'whole planet will hear this' and changed the password on his computer.

It was painful being woken up by a detuned synth playing loud enough to make the floor shake, but worth it for the minute or so of blind panic and disorientation comign from next door. In the end he yanked the power cable for his computer from the wall in his just woken up panic, it was wonderful.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
Here's my story with pranks:
I was working in a kitchen and this one guy asked me to give him a pot. What I didn't know is that he heated up the pot to prank me. I had to go to a hospital after that, couldn't work for a week (it took almost a year for it to disappear).
A few days later, I followed him home after work and pushed him off a flight of stairs. He broke his jaw on one of the stairs and couldn't talk or eat solid food for a long time.
I think my prank was better.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Urgh76 said:
We got 3 cranes and brought them to our high school. After we labeled them "1", "2", and "4", we let them loose. They drove upstairs and it usually takes a pig to get them out. Teacher resigned!
Wait, what? ?Cranes? as in the bird? If you had 3 of them, why ?1,? ?2? and ?4?? They ?drove?? Where does a PIG come into play, and ?usually?? Outside of bacon, pork chops and ham sandwiches, when are pigs ?usually? anything? So confused?

Kyrian007 said:
Pranks are terrible and cruel, I only use them for revenge or a deterrent?.

Another time (also back in my college days) a prank war started with a waterdoor prank (simply pouring water under a guy's dorm door; they wake up and sleepily pad over toward their door and splish, wet socks.) But it escalated and branched out into including more and more guys. Finally I decided to end it by waterdooring the original prankster, but then stungunning his door handle with a cattle prod, completing the electrical circuit from the water on the floor to the door handle. The pranks started dying out at that point.
?Terrible and cruel? pranks aren?t ?pranks;? they?re just hurtful acts. A good prank is one between friends. Like a good joke, it?s knowing your audience, how they will receive it and ultimately intending no ill will. Electrifying someone standing in water? Yeesh, I feel for anyone on your bad side?

Xsjadoblayde said:

It's a long game, true, and the patience is certainly wearing thin...but will definitely pay off on my death bed and the will reading afterwards
I literally laughed out loud. XD

Grouchy Imp said:
So when I got myself onto the property ladder for the first time I decided to throw a massive house party (which no doubt endeared me to the neighbors, but hey ho) to celebrate. Now as everyone knows the first person to crash out during a house party must be pranked. We've done quite a few over the years - shaved eyebrows, clingfilm mummification, used condom buckaroo, etc. so we felt the need to up the game for this one. One of the lasses present produced from her bag a tube of hair removal cream, and this was liberally applied to the head of the first guy to fall asleep. Very pleased with our prank we carried on the party, getting drunk(er) and generally having a bloody good time. Thing is, in our revelry we kinda forgot about John, and it wasn't until the party wound down the next morning that he was discovered, still asleep and with the cream still on his head. That party was 18 years ago, and the poor guy still has to comb over a couple of bald spots.
Jesus, did he stay friends with you all?!? That?s terrible! Did he do anything to get you all back? Shame is one thing, but if you ?pranked? me with permanent bald spots, I?d have to beat the spirit of vengeance off with a stick every morning to maintain my place as a functioning member of decent society.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Another good one for bars, pubs and pool halls; bet a beer or a shot on it:

On a coin-op pool table (7-footer, the type typically found in bars, at least here in ?Murica,) place a single quarter (or any equally-sized coin) on the spot (where the lead ball rest for a rack.) Then, on that end of the table, place two more balls, one near each of the corner pockets, and ask the victim to balance them on the very edge of the pockets using their index fingers so they don?t fall in. Now, tell them you?re going to shoot the cue ball from the opposite end of the table, directly over the coin in a straight line, and sink both balls in a single shot without ever banking the cue ball. The victim, if knowledgeable enough about the physics of pool, will size up the situation and conclude it?s an unlikely shot; a straight shot over the coin will deflect the ball a little, but not enough to angle the ball towards EITHER corner pocket let alone BOTH. With the victim hooked and in place, proceed to place the cue ball opposite the coin and take your shot as promised, straight, moderate speed, and directly at the coin?

? Assuming your victim is a male and of average height, standing at the short rail with his index fingers on each of the corner balls has positioned his testicles directly in the path of the cue ball. When the cue ball hits the coin, it will pop off the table and DING! The deeply ingrained instinct of every man who values his jewels will cause him to bring both hands to their rescue thus leaving the already precariously placed balls free to fall into their respective corner pockets.

Obviously, you want to choose your victim wisely; the 6?7? muscled up biker who?s swilling beer and eating the bottles probably won?t find your prank to be so clever; I keep it between friends; never done it to a stranger. Also, you?re not trying to HURT the victim, so the shot is not a hard one; the goal is just enough speed to get the ball to leave the table; normally, there?s no contact with the victim?s balls at all, the mere threat of contact is what causes the man to jump to protect himself.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
One of my favorite pranks I've pulled was when I was still in high school. We were in history class where I sat next to basically the class clown. The teacher was letting us use the day to exchange notes and such before we had to turn in our notebooks to be graded. The class clown had spent most of the class going between doing just that and playing pranks on some of the other students. When he left the room for a few minutes to use the bathroom I snuck a fake snake into his notebook while no one was looking. When he got back and was getting ready to put his notebook away I asked him to check his notebook to see if he still had some of my notes. When he opened up his notebook he shot out of his desk and was across the room in a second. The whole class was laughing their assessment off at that, including him after the shock wore off.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I used to do prank calls using a sound board. I called Home Depot as Hank Hill, asking "Do you know what a hammer is?! Cause that's what I want, a damn hammer!" and getting "Please don't use that language with me sir", then going back with "I apologize for yelling at you... But you just don't listen!" The worker gave a confused "I'm... sorry?" Kept it up, was a lot of fun. Worked surprisingly well. Even called a blockbuster with Hank being confused about a late fee charge for a "Cuffs and Collars" tape. That really messed with them~

I also did another prank call where I kept calling back. Probably shouldn't have done it more than once, but I was on a roll with the soundboard I used. Got him so pissed he was swearing at me and told me "NEVER CALL HERE AGAIN!" with a *SLAM* of the phone down. I stopped after that. Thank god I never went to Pizza Hut very often in my teenage years

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Xsjadoblayde said:

That one reminds me of another Weird Al song.