Predict the most overrated game of 2016

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

My friends, what games you think will be most overrated games this year?

heres i think most likely will be

Mass Effect andromeda: Its my number 1. its going to be extremely overrated because its first ever next gen mass effect game. it will barely RPG more of cover shooter and will gone open world. it will be more dumbed down than mass effect 3. but it will recieve too much of 10, critical acclaim from various critics. i predict its undoubtly most overrated game this year.

Uncharted 4. I think many people (and fans) will dissappoint by it but critics will still give it 10. i see at this stage this franchise become stale.

HOrrizon Zero down: It present as next big thing at E3 but looks absolutely nothing

Dark Souls 3 i found nothing special about dark soul games and this one looks more of same. but its "HAAAARD".

Mirrors Edge catylist: The first game was mediocre at best. second game might be improvement but still looks bland and dull. since its EA it will recieve tons of critical accliam.

and obviously whatever next COD or a Ubisoft game releasing this year too.

whats yours? what will be most overrated games this year??

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
So you don't like third person games. Got it.

OT: final fantasy 7 ( is that coming out this year? ). Don't get me wrong the original is awsome, but i don't think the remake will be as good, i may just download the original on psn for 15$. Prepare your twitch and youtube channels because everyone and their mom will be streaming it.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Lufia Erim said:
So you don't like third person games. Got it.

i like them as long as they are good. hitman and quantum break are one of my most anticipated games in few months

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So instead of getting on people's case for liking what they like, we're predicting getting on their case for liking what they like? Looks like the whining has evoled.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Casual Shinji said:
So instead of getting on people's case for liking what they like, we're predicting getting on their case for liking what they like? Looks like the whining has evoled.
My friend, here we are just predicting that what will be most overrated games. as there will be many to come

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
B-Cell said:
Casual Shinji said:
My friend, here we are just predicting that what will be most overrated games. as there will be many to come
Can we maybe not jump the gun on throwing a fit over people liking something. It's bad enough as it is when the games are actually out.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
No Man's Sky

I feel like they're pushing expectations too far, and when it comes out, people will be disappointed.
It's an inevitable thing, just like how Icarus was burned when he tried reaching the sun.
Plus, I haven't seen anything too interesting. Sure, it looks pretty, there is space, but are there things to do in ALL of that space?

I doubt I'll buy it, but I feel it'll crash. If it does well, good for it. My opinion of it will increase... well, depending what I think of the final gameplay.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Quantum Break is going to be particularly terrible. Oh look, a shooter with slo-mo. How original. Press the freeze time I Win button and click on everybody's heads. Yawn. Plus they're making a big deal about being able to pay a bunch of TV stars to come along and humiliate themselves by trying to deliver video game dialogue with a straight face. At least that will be something to laugh at.

Hitman will be rubbish too. It's getting sliced up so you have to pay for each level. Or you can pre-order all the levels up front, then have to wait for them to come out anyway. And hope Square Enix doesn't just phone it in after they get your money. But I just know the mindless sheeple will love it anyway because the developers said "returning to roots" a few times.

Oh man, anyone who buys those games is going to feel like such a fool, amiright?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
In terms of the praise it's getting now, No Man's Sky I feel will not be up to snuff. Uncharted 4 I think will get very high review scores but the actual quality will not match it. And lastly, The Last Guardian is probably going to be a game tons of people like but personally won't do it for me.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Zhukov said:
Quantum Break is going to be particularly terrible. Oh look, a shooter with slo-mo. How original. Press the freeze time I Win button and click on everybody's heads. Yawn. Plus they're making a big deal about being able to pay a bunch of TV stars to come along and humiliate themselves by trying to deliver video game dialogue with a straight face. At least that will be something to laugh at.

Hitman will be rubbish too. It's getting sliced up so you have to pay for each level. Or you can pre-order all the levels up front, then have to wait for them to come out anyway. And hope Square Enix doesn't just phone it in after they get your money. But I just know the mindless sheeple will love it anyway because the developers said "returning to roots" a few times.

Oh man, anyone who buys those games is going to feel like such a fool, amiright?
Quantum break is made by remedy so its going to be very interesting

Hitman indeed return to roots. beta impressions are all positive. its just have crappy marketing otherwise

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:

Hitman indeed return to roots. beta impressions are all positive. its just have crappy marketing otherwise
Nah, Remedy are totally overrated.

Betas are overrated too. I bet anyone who said it was good was paid to say that.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Zhukov said:
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:

Betas are overrated too. I bet anyone who said it was good was paid to say that.
Apparently Max payne 1 is still best third person shooter game. and Quantum break is more of spritual successor which will do what rockstar failed at max payne 3.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:

Apparently Max payne 1 is still best third person shooter game. and Quantum break is more of spritual successor which will do what rockstar failed at max payne 3.
Max Payne is super overrated. Especially the first game.

All you do is press the slow motion button and click on the enemies while they're slowed down. Just like how I know Quantuum Break will be.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Zhukov said:
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:

All you do is press the slow motion button and click on the enemies while they're slowed down. Just like how I know Quantuum Break will be.
still better than cover peak shallow console shooters like gears and uncharted where you take cover peak and shoot

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:
B-Cell said:
Zhukov said:

still better than cover peak shallow console shooters like gears and uncharted where you take cover peak and shoot
Oh man, Gears of War and Uncharted were, like, MEGA overrated.

Not sure if they were as overrated as Max Payne, but they were certainly overrated.

God damn overraters, running around overrating everything.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Quantum break looks really meh to me. Just your average third person shooter with a slow-mo mechanic.

Dark souls 3 is like any of the other souls games. If you liked those then you will like this one. If you didn't then you won't.

Is it cheating if I say all of them? Or at least the ones I hear about before playing them? Cause those are usually the meh ones for me.

Edit: oh I just thought of one. That new David cage game. For sure that's gonna be over rated as all hell.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yeah probably No man's sky, it seems like a lot of people think it's something that it's not, so reviewer and early adopter will play a few hour and, not realizing that if you've played one hour of the game you've seen everything it has to offer, will praise it. But as people play more of it they'll realize there's just nothing to do in it.

Andromeda is hard to day since we know next to nothing about it. is it really open world? Cause it seems like open world is king of overrated game between dragon age inquisition and witcher 3 both getting super praise despite there incredible shallow gameplay and repetitive quest.

Maybe FF15, it's hard to believe but when 13 came out got insanely good score.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Meiam said:
witcher 3 both getting super praise despite there incredible shallow gameplay and repetitive quest.
Repetitive quests in witcher 3? Also i must be one of the few people who actually liked the gameplay of the witcher 3.