Predict the plot of games you just bought

secretkeeper12

Jun 14, 2012
Since every company and their grandma is slashing prices like its going out of style for summer, I thought of this little game: Try and guess how the story of a game you have or plan on playing soon will be. For obvious reasons you can't have it spoiled for you. Also, if you've played any of the games mentioned here and simply HAVE to comment on someones ignorance, PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS! Type [spoiler with a bracket at the end, then your text, and then [/spoiler with a bracket at the end of that too.
It should look like this

I'm probably going to be getting To The Moon soon (poet and I don't even know it :D). From looking at only the trailer, I deduce that Johnny had an astronaut for a parent who got lost on a space mission, and now he wants to look for them himself. It seems like the simplest way it could go down, and makes sense in the game's context. Though I will be very disappointed if its true.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well I just bought Hitman Absolution. I assume he kills people for being immoral dicks also starring battle nuns.

Oh To The Moon is good (your prediction is way off you'll be happy to know) but it is a little... Obvious? Heavy handed? In the way it operates. Everything about the game is obviously trying to make you feel all the feels in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if in development they wrote "how to make people cry?" on a whiteboard and mapped everything out and put it into the game.

Anthony Corrigan

Jul 28, 2011
The longest Journey, I will get really annoyed rubbing things on things to work out what "adventure logic" the game uses and the girl will defeat the big bad shadow and end up a hero.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Hotline: Miami.

I have no freaking clue. The game uses druggy logic and trippy storytelling, so I have no idea what is going to happen. I'm going to guess main dude gets killed in one of his raids by the phonecalls, maybe one that hints at who is giving him the phone calls.

Loving the game so far. Gameplay is tough without being completely unfair, the game's psychedelic presentation and overly violent themes is one of the freshest things I've played in forever. Loving the story so far for being about characters you hardly know and being cagey about telling you anything.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Rogue Galaxy. The art style is fantastic, and gameplay is pretty satisfying. Plot will be fairly predictable though I think.
I'm guessing Desert Claw is actually Jaster's biological father.

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
Battlefield 3.

I didn't buy it, it's free for PS Plus members which is the only reason I'm playing it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be caught dead with it on my hard drive.

I will shoot people who aren't white because someone tells me to. /game.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Anthony Corrigan said:
The longest Journey, I will get really annoyed rubbing things on things to work out what "adventure logic" the game uses and the girl will defeat the big bad shadow and end up a hero.
This isn't a spoiler, it just talks in general terms about your first point and hints about the quality of the puzzles in certain portions of the game, but I figured I'd spoiler it just in case you want to go into your games fresh.
If you mean the Longest Journey as in the first one and not Dreamfall The Longest Journey, oh boy are you going to the first one come in to play. If 'logic' gets too much, it does get a lot better after the first chapter. The first chapter contains one of the most ridiculous quest chains I've ever seen, but the rest of the game won't be nearly as bad as that

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum

My park fails and I go bankrupt, just like I did when I played Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 as a kid...

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Despite buying several games in the last 10 hours the only one I don't know the plot about is FTL and I am not even sure there is a plot.

As for the game I just finished, The Walking Dead, I can say what I expected and then qualify how wrong I was.

I expected to kill a few dozen humans, make a few tough calls about killing adults, people would die, and I would walk away feeling satisfied that things were in the end worth the effort, maybe feel like my input was important and my decision to play a "good guy" would pay off in a way.

I was wrong.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
System Shock 2, courtesy of GOG's sale.
I predict that SHODAN will show up at some point, team up with the player and go solve intergalactic mysteries in a space van.
If SHODAN doesn't show up, replace her with XERXES, the rogue AI du jour.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
Well, I just bought Red Dead Redemption and since I've already had the ending spoiled for me and seeing at is it as a western I have a pretty good idea how it's all going to go down.

You shoot lots of people with guns in deserts. At the end you die.

Of course that makes the game no less awesome.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I just bought Mercenaries - Playground of Destruction for the PS2...

I can pretty much guess that the PC will be employed for much shit that requires either shooting, blowing up or killing. More likely a combination of the above. At some point, he/she will undertake a high level mission and shit either goes down or hits the fan.

To be fair, I'm not that fussed... I'm just in it for the wanton destruction in a sandbox environment... -_-

Captcha - 'blaze a trail' Yes, I think I will... as will the guy above me, as well...

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
I started Sleeping Dogs and played through the intro.

I'll probably end up killing my gangsta childhood friend, kinda fucking everything up and discover some "amazing truth" about my dead sister. Oh, and I might kill a cop or two which would be ironic.

Since I have kinda spoiled System Shock 2 for me, I don't think it's worth speculating. One thing I know for sure though: I. Will. Shit. Bricks.

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Just bought Shadow of the Colossus
I'm on my 8th colossus, and I predict that these colossi are like huge guardians, and I'm actually doing something super evil that I'm going to regret later. Also, they take my soul in exchange for the girl's.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Metro 2033 for me, haven't started it - some Russian guy in a gasmask is released from some kind of prison/vault into a nuclear wasteland where he has to save his loved one from these jerk gasmask people on the other side of said nuclear wasteland. He meets her but then a nuke goes off blowing everything in the base of jerk gasmaskers up except said loved one, killing the PC.
Wow...that is just so...different.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
Civ 5: Brave New World
The Polish empire will use their giant death robots to rule the world and become the overlord of people and cupcakes and stuff.

Aug 1, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Metro 2033 for me, haven't started it - some Russian guy in a gasmask is released from some kind of prison/vault into a nuclear wasteland where he has to save his loved one from these jerk gasmask people on the other side of said nuclear wasteland. He meets her but then a nuke goes off blowing everything in the base of jerk gasmaskers up except said loved one, killing the PC.
That's about as far from what happens as you can get. Good try though.

OT:
Just picked up Rock Of Ages.

I predict I will smash a wide variety of people, places and things. Also Tom Cruise will sing poorly.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I just bought Deadlight.

No idea what's going to happen. Zombie apocalypse. The dude doesn't find his family?