Predictions of Biden's Presidency

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Don't give a fuck about the people you listed. My judgement isn't comparative. Although you're going off your rocker when you start blathering about firing Trudeau when all I did was suggest Biden isn't likeable. I'm not your fucking punching bag for whatever issue you imagine so get some perspective.
Not a punching bag? Where the heck did that come from? No offense was meant.

I honestly have no feelings about you at all. Let alone someone I want to beat up on. The people I dislike on this forum, I don't even attempt to beat on them.

Truly think our wires got crossed there.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Not a punching bag? Where the heck did that come from? No offense was meant.

I honestly have no feelings about you at all. Let alone someone I want to beat up on. The people I dislike on this forum, I don't even attempt to beat on them.

Truly think our wires got crossed there.
You seem like you're unloading some kind of feelings about how people treat incidents of racism on me, to the point you're talking about all these other people, different scenarios, and asking me if we should *fire* Trudeau???

Acting like I want to cancel him or something because I said he's unlikeable for the comment is making a mountain out of a molehill and distracting from the point. And also there's a world of difference anyways in someone saying one word, and someone saying what he did and the thought processes behind someone saying the thing he did.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
You know despite all the jubilation I have seen across the internet and in cities of the USA of Trump losing this election, I am not so easily estatic and happy in the end, because Trump may have lost. But don't expect me to believe that Biden is this Superman esque savior of Humanity that's gonna fix all of our problems overnight and change America.

Because all of America's issues right now are deeply rooted, institutionally so.

Biden winning isn't going to automatically fix the education system so that EVERYONE will have an equal chance to get quality education.

Biden winning isn't going to automatically destroy the institutional racism in Law Enforcement. I am still predicting more George Floyds in the future.

Biden winning isn't going to automatically give America Free Healthcare of the European Model.

Biden winning isn't going to automatically send back all the American Jobs sent overseas to China for what is essentially Slave Labor.

The Only Solace I have with Biden winning, is that at the very least he WILL leave Office once his term is up, that Democracy will last just a bit longer under him.

And that fucking Orangutan is gone so I don't have to see his fucking orange bed-tanned face on the news 24/7 because lets be honest here, the Media, which is indeed mostly left leaning except for Fox News, did indeed have a vendetta against Trump. Even fucking Tweets was worthy news attention.

So that's my thoughts on all of this. I am not cheering and blindly happy about this, I am just having a relieved sigh that 4 years of this shit is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I don't but, I fear with all the jubilation going on, I feel like people lost sight of the bigger problems.
They haven't lost sight of bigger problems, and they don't think Biden is super jesus come to save humanity. What they DO currently think, is that they are not going to have to live in fear of a petty, vindictive, insecure tyrant, deploying US forces for a photo op, vocally approving of a planned kidnapping of a duly elected government official, trying to suggest what they were doing maybe wasn't illegal, undoing laws to protect entire groups of the country that the above mentioned tyrant didn't like for no reason other than he's a petty fuck. And a laundry list of other things that he's done to clearly show the fact that he genuinely doesn't care about anyone but himself. They are JUBILANT to know that this current state of fear and uncertainty, on whether or not a group of assholes, thinking the president has given them the green light to act as they see fit, just start assaulting them for being a dirty liberal and/or LGBTQ, will end soon, within just a few months. Because you know, we're not actually americans in their eyes, so we're not worthy of protection by US law.

So yes, in the fucking THREE DAYS since this information has come out, they are happy, and expressing it. To think that this means they are going to not notice anything going forward for the next 4 years as a result of being happy about a result? That's just ludicrous.

I mean what is your acceptable amount of jubilation they are allowed? Because apparently "less than 3 days" is the answer, before you are criticizing them for apparently overdoing it.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
They haven't lost sight of bigger problems, and they don't think Biden is super jesus come to save humanity. What they DO currently think, is that they are not going to have to live in fear of a petty, vindictive, insecure tyrant, deploying US forces for a photo op, vocally approving of a planned kidnapping of a duly elected government official, trying to suggest what they were doing maybe wasn't illegal, undoing laws to protect entire groups of the country that the above mentioned tyrant didn't like for no reason other than he's a petty fuck. And a laundry list of other things that he's done to clearly show the fact that he genuinely doesn't care about anyone but himself. They are JUBILANT to know that this current state of fear and uncertainty, on whether or not a group of assholes, thinking the president has given them the green light to act as they see fit, just start assaulting them for being a dirty liberal and/or LGBTQ, will end soon, within just a few months. Because you know, we're not actually americans in their eyes, so we're not worthy of protection by US law.

So yes, in the fucking THREE DAYS since this information has come out, they are happy, and expressing it. To think that this means they are going to not notice anything going forward for the next 4 years as a result of being happy about a result? That's just ludicrous.

I mean what is your acceptable amount of jubilation they are allowed? Because apparently "less than 3 days" is the answer, before you are criticizing them for apparently overdoing it.
Realistically, while I agree people don't actually see Biden as some super jesus, I'm not confident that people won't be complacent and not just trust in Biden and the Democractic party. I think for many people it will be that simple and they won't consider trying to push Biden to do things that need to be done to go further on Medicare and climate change and environmental issues and handling foreign policy better. He'll be better than Trump on those, but idt he's good enough and idt people will necessarily push him to be.

That said, people can have their time to celebrate. Not like anything's changing for the next few months anyways and it doesn't hurt. But I don't have like a rosy view for how invigorated people will stay.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

The day all the barriers in politics that is preventing us from addressing Global Warming/Climate Change/whatever we want to call it is now addressed with the fullest co-operation of government.

The day funding is cut from the military industrial complex so that we can finally use those funds to address domestic issues and needs.

The day the white supremacist element in law enforcement and immigration agencies is removed.

The day our politicians are free of being stooges to lobbyist groups, most of them represent the interest of the 1%.

The day that the world's governments will ensure that another viral pandemic such as this will never happen again when the next outbreak surfaces, by doing the responsible thing and kill the virus in its crib.

And other things I can bring up.

That is the day of ultimate jubilation for me and everyone when all those things are solved.

Trump losing, is a jubilant thing, but I fear its a very short term one, because I fear that just because Trump lost, what's stopping another Trump from surfacing again in the Republican Party spouting the same rhetoric as Trump? Like Mike Pence might run for 2024.

Reactions: Kwak

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The day all the barriers in politics that is preventing us from addressing Global Warming/Climate Change/whatever we want to call it is now addressed with the fullest co-operation of government.

The day funding is cut from the military industrial complex so that we can finally use those funds to address domestic issues and needs.

The day the white supremacist element in law enforcement and immigration agencies is removed.

The day our politicians are free of being stooges to lobbyist groups, most of them represent the interest of the 1%.

The day that the world's governments will ensure that another viral pandemic such as this will never happen again when the next outbreak surfaces, by doing the responsible thing and kill the virus in its crib.

And other things I can bring up.

That is the day of ultimate jubilation for me when all those things are solved.

Trump losing, is a jubilant thing, but I fear its a very short term one, because I fear that just because Trump lost, what's stopping another Trump from surfacing again in the Republican Party spouting the same rhetoric as Trump? Like Mike Pence might run for 2024.
So nobody has any right to be happy about anything until ALL of the world's ills are solved? Fuck I'm glad I don't see the world as you do.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
So nobody has any right to be happy about anything until ALL of the world's ills are solved? Fuck I'm glad I don't see the world as you do.
I am not taking away your right to be happy and be cynical like me.

All I did, was just expressed my opinion on this climax of the election.

But yes, this is the world I see. It is grim. I mean with Climate Change, I am of the belief that here in my little island that i live in the Caribbean will be drowned in the rising tides. In probably in my life time, I might go the way of Atlantis if I remain here for the rest of my life. All because of the things we take for granted in our modern industrial and technology society.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
You seem like you're unloading some kind of feelings about how people treat incidents of racism on me, to the point you're talking about all these other people, different scenarios, and asking me if we should *fire* Trudeau???

Acting like I want to cancel him or something because I said he's unlikeable for the comment is making a mountain out of a molehill and distracting from the point. And also there's a world of difference anyways in someone saying one word, and someone saying what he did and the thought processes behind someone saying the thing he did.
Not a completely accurate assessment. Look at the language I used.

He made a dumb ass comment. If your life was under a microscope, how many dumb comments would people ride you over? Would it be the same for anyone else here?

Should I think Max Dood is dumb or unlikeable because of his N-word issue?

What about Max Kellerman?

Should we have kicked out Justin Trudeau for his Black face? Or is it just enough to call him not intelligent because he made an insensitive mistake that he thought would be a goof? Ted Danson also did it... Hell, thinking about it, we could just fill this whole section with insensitive black face.

I still don't have a problem with what Liam Neeson said. But understand, I think it was a dumb response. I think it was human. It was kneejerk, hot-headed and yes STUPID compulsion he had, but to base all of his intelligence or likeability over something he felt when we was younger and dumber.

Mark Wahlberg is a different case. I'm sure he made amends and actually got his mind right. But he BLINDED someone. He can repent, and i will accept that repentance.
Most of the language I've used the royal 'we' (not you), and 'I' pertaining to myself, of course. There wasn't an occurrence where I said "And it seems like you, Secondhand Revenant, should be on the side of firing Trudeau because he's not woke enough" or however Cancel language is supposed to sound.

And on the flip side, you used the word 'fool'. And you have your meaning. I'm not taking it to the Nth degree. I don't know you well enough to even really assume your intent. Even now I don't, because I think this was simply a miscommunication and it's really not indicative of anything.

To be clear, I don't think you want to cancel anyone. Nor did I say that you did.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I am not taking away your right to be happy and be cynical like me.

All I did, was just expressed my opinion on this climax of the election.
You didn't just express your opinion though, you insulted anyone daring to be more optimistic than you, and mocked them for being happy about something. That's not an opinion, that's open disdain for other people. I mean the phrasing of your comment is so openly dismissive it's laughable. Now I agree I probably agree with your opinions on things not being good right now in the world. They're not, but nobody can wave a wand and fix everything. All we can do is work incrementally to improve and do damage control/restoration. I'd love for us to get motivated as a planet and fix our own shit, but that is beyond the scope of even the POTUS. But one thing that will at least not make things AS worse, is the fact that trump will be leaving office soon. You pick your battles in this world. Biden might not be great, but he's the less shitty option of the two we had in front of us. Hopefully he will be able to get some positive things done.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
You didn't just express your opinion though, you insulted anyone daring to be more optimistic than you, and mocked them for being happy about something. That's not an opinion, that's open disdain for other people. I mean the phrasing of your comment is so openly dismissive it's laughable. Now I agree I probably agree with your opinions on things not being good right now in the world. They're not, but nobody can wave a wand and fix everything. All we can do is work incrementally to improve and do damage control/restoration. I'd love for us to get motivated as a planet and fix our own shit, but that is beyond the scope of even the POTUS. But one thing that will at least not make things AS worse, is the fact that trump will be leaving office soon. You pick your battles in this world. Biden might not be great, but he's the less shitty option of the two we had in front of us. Hopefully he will be able to get some positive things done.
Well now I feel shitty that I have insulted people...

I'm serious though, no sarcasm.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells

It'll be a Republican presidency.
Fucking yikes. I didn't have like *high* hopes, more feelings of things not falling as rapidly, but that's really managed to feel like an unexpected slap in the face

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A case for Biden:
Some think divided government is a good thing. The government will have more difficulty agreeing on things and "getting things done."
I think COVID has been politically weaponized by the left. If Trump is not able to turn the election around for himself, I believe the weaponization of this will end.
Biden may be hesitant to start new wars. If he were to start one, he will compare poorly to Trump.
The ACA is not perfect. If the Senate does not obstruct him (a big if) he may work to improve things in it that need fixing.
Higher taxes may have a slight impact on IRS revenues. Since 1940ish, no matter the rate, they take in about 16 to 18% of GDP. We really need a balanced budget. Without one, paying down the credit cards doesn't make a lot of sense.
Our legacy corporate media will cover for him as much as possible. I do not want to be uninformed but a respite from the constant lies and drumbeat of negativity may allow me to watch more news than just the weather and sports scores.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Fucking yikes. I didn't have like *high* hopes, more feelings of things not falling as rapidly, but that's really managed to feel like an unexpected slap in the face
Vect.PNG

I'm not at all going to be surprised by the Biden cabinet. Most of the speculation right now is on Republicans, Democrats who vote with Republicans, and oligarchs. We're going right back to the Obama years of US imperialism and right wing economic policies clothed behind a veil of "yeah, but remember the last guy?"

I think the nicest thing I could find on the current speculated list (that I posted a few pages ago) was that the AG might get rid of the three strikes rule.

Reactions: Secondhand Revenant

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A case for Biden:
Some think divided government is a good thing. The government will have more difficulty agreeing on things and "getting things done."
I think COVID has been politically weaponized by the left. If Trump is not able to turn the election around for himself, I believe the weaponization of this will end.
I would say the Dems weaponised the virus. The Left just wants the health care to make sure that if the get it they wont 1. Die due to poor funding. 2. Go bankrupt 3. Lose their jobs because they got sick. 4. Some support while they are sick. 5. Some mitigations that can help stop the spread so they don't have to choose between making others sick to pay for their rent or go to hospital and potentially becoming homeless

Reactions: gorfias

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Whole lotta nothing. In four years the people who were actually motivated to vote this time will be demotivated because nothing's going to change. I mean, he's going to rejoin the Paris Agreement, and that's good, but it's not exactly why people voted is it?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Public Option(likely not)

Social welfare state cuts(maybe)

Speeding up getting the migrant kids with their parents again(very likely)

A war somewhere(maybe)

Better Covid-19 management(very likely)

Green New Deal Lite(a little likely)

More criminal justice reform(very likely)

A better run VA(maybe)

Better public housing policies(maybe)

Better ties with Europe(very likely)

Getting a moderate cabinet(likely)

Drug Reform(maybe)

Higher Taxes on the wealthy(maybe)

DC, and Puerto Rico statehood(straight up no)

Increased infrastructure spending(likely)