Pregnant teen who drinks 32 units of alcohol a week

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Ghostkai said:
aba1 said:
Ghostkai said:
aba1 said:
I don't see why they wouldn't stop her seeing as she is breaking the law by drinking under age just saying...
She really isn't. She's 19.
so shes really not a teen actually a adult title is misleading... my bad :p
Indeed, she's NineTEEN. ^_^
XD well either your a teen or a adult I guess where I live at 19 your a full fledged adult so no longer count as a teen maybe where you live its different? either way were really just getting nit picky if its legal for her to drink than my origenal idea doesn't solve the issue

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
EonEire said:
Jaythulhu said:
Ahh, of course. The idiot friends. Gotta love 'em.
But they will think she is boring! :(
Heh, no offense matey, but I'm old enough to say that if someone's peers/friends think they're boring for not drinking, those peers/friends can fuck right off. I'm far more interested in my health and (if i was a woman, especially a pregnant one) even more interested in the health of my child over what my so-called friends think. Usually those type of "friends" are called toxic, because they're bloody bad for you.

UbarElite

Feb 16, 2008
Ghostkai said:
Should she be left be, seeing as it's her body?
I personally don't care what anyone wants to do to their own body, but it's not the damage to her body right now that I would be worried about.

Whatever happens to that baby, she has no right to raise it if it is ever born, even if it would be an effective punishment.

'I'm not an idiot, I know I might be doing my baby harm.'
No...you really are.

'I'm young and I don't feel ready to stop my life.'
Responsibility's a *****, ain't it?

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
aba1 said:
XD well either your a teen or a adult I guess where I live at 19 your a full fledged adult so no longer count as a teen maybe where you live its different? either way were really just getting nit picky if its legal for her to drink than my origenal idea doesn't solve the issue
Hehe, ok no more nitpicking. :p

The legal age to consume alcohol here in the UK is 18 by the way in case you didn't know.

Jaythulhu said:
Heh, no offense matey, but I'm old enough to say that if someone's peers/friends think they're boring for not drinking, those peers/friends can fuck right off. I'm far more interested in my health and (if i was a woman, especially a pregnant one) even more interested in the health of my child over what my so-called friends think. Usually those type of "friends" are called toxic, because they're bloody bad for you.
Indeed, her friends seem to be a real problem in all this. However, she may just be making the assumption that they will find her "boring", they may not have actually told her that. Regardless, her priorities are way off.

Kefo

May 19, 2010
she should be forced to work with children born with fetal alcohol syndrome for the rest of her life and maybe when she is on her deathbed she will realize how stupid she was then and probably still is

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
She should not be drinking at all if she's pregnant. She should be warned by a doctor and sent to rehab for alcoholism. If she persists she should not be allowed to keep the baby.

You could say it's "her body" but if she intends to actually have the baby she should respect it by allowing it to develop healthily. If she's going to have an abortion then she should hurry up and have it

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
Her child's most probably going to be born with sever deformaty of some kind.

It's so wrong, i bet she got knocked up when she was drunk by a retarded boy who was also drunk, and they didn't use a condom becasue the boy thought it was gay or something stupid

Being English i've seen first hand the type of sick people that would do this. its really quite depressing seeing what some of todays british youth are like. =(

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
TheFloBros said:
Slap her. Please for the love of GOD SOMEONE SLAP HER!
For the love of God? You mean God needs to slap her.

OT: But seriously, the "it's her body" excuse should not apply here because it isn't just her body that will be affected. Her baby may die or be born with serious problems. Not to mention the problems the baby is going to have to deal with when growing up, having an alcoholic mother.

The mother needs to go to counciling to end her alcoholism and if not, the baby needs to be taken away (if it survives).

Some people should not have children.

merck88

Mar 15, 2011
32 units and week? At what point is that considered an alcohol problem? Anyone that cares about this child (because face it, she might be physically and adult, but she certainly is not mentally or emotionally mature enough to be one) needs to put her in rehab.

The irrational and emotional part of my mind is calling for her to be executed with a rusty spoon.

Steven Biehler

Mar 29, 2011
she claims that if she stops going out with her freinds they will think she is boring.
Here's a bright idea, why not go out without consuming 3 times the safe # of units of alcohol. Instead ask for a pop. she is addicted and there is no question. Or all that alcohol has REALLY REALLY shrunk her brain cells. and also if here freinds are not as big wastes of life as she is for doing this they should understand she is pregnant and the things that come with that. Finally get an abortion or put the child up for adoption if your not ready, even though it is clear to anyone even a fly she is not a fit to be a parent!!!!

Oh and let's all pray to (insert entity you believe in here) that if the bartenders read that story they cut here off.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
The hospital should give her a cooler full of ice because she'll probably give birth to a six-pack instead of a baby.

Fugitive Panda

Jan 21, 2011
I think it's up to her friends and family - and strangers on the internet - to harass her until she cleans up her act.

Failing that, her child should definitely be taken away should it somehow manage to survive it's own birth.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Am I suppose to give a damn? She's a selfish stupid **** and that's about it and nobody have the balls to give her a knuckle sandwich... Got nothing more to say.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Fugitive Panda said:
I think it's up to her friends and family - and strangers on the internet - to harass her until she cleans up her act.
I think we both know it's up to us, the strangers on the internet :p

standokan

May 28, 2009
'I'm not an idiot, I know I might be doing my baby harm.'

...Wait what, so knowingly harming her baby doesn't make her a idiot?

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
If she was in Ontario, this wouldn't be a question. We would all just assume the poor kid would be taken from her immediately. You can't even leave the hospital with your child if Children's Aid has been notified by the hospital about something. You better believe her alcoholic ass will be flagged the second she walks through the door.

When (not 'if) the baby is born with FAS it will just be the last nail in the coffin. Baby gone - unless some other person in the family is able to care for it (sad thing is, she's probably counting on this. In this scenario, she wouldn't be allowed to care for the child so she could just go out more while leaving the responsibility on someone else).

Woman possibly charged with negligence. Certainly charged if any authorities saw that article and followed up on it.