Pregnant teen who drinks 32 units of alcohol a week

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2013874/Holly-Piggott-Pregnant-teen-drinks-32-units-week.html?ITO=1490

Came across this in the Metro on the way to work. Pretty disgusting to be honest.

Where do you stand on this issue Escapists?

Should her baby be taken away from her when/if it's born?

Should she have an abortion?

Should services step in now instead of later?

Should she be left be, seeing as it's her body? (Just to clarify, this one isn't my opinion on the matter)

EDIT: Changed title to indicate alcohol, seeing as some people are getting confused.

EDIT2: Stop ragging on the Daily Mail source guys, it's the first one I grabbed from google - It's in other papers too.

Because people's Google-fu is weak, i'll leave this here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_of_alcohol

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Ghostkai said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2013874/Holly-Piggott-Pregnant-teen-drinks-32-units-week.html?ITO=1490
32 units of what? Water, cola, souls of children? What?

I'll assume you mean alcohol (Units, what the hell). And I don't see the problem. It's called an at home abortion. (Audience boos, she dives for cover). Actually, I'd be more concerned about a clear addiction problem.

I was pregnant once. A falcon punch cleared that right up. *Runs away as rotten tomatoes are thrown*

Demonicdan

Dec 8, 2010
I think there should be a responsibility test for having children, does she even want the child or is she just trying to get rid of it.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Stupid little whore, if she's gonna get 'preggers' she should at least take some fucking responsibility.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
It's the Daily Mail, this does not represent a wider problem.

However, still morally reprehensible and she'll learn this when she gets alcohol poisoning and her child gets fetal alcohol syndrome.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I guess it's that or a coat hanger.

But in the end you can't stop stupid people from getting knocked up, so there's no point in worring about it.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Chibz said:
Ghostkai said:

I'll assume you mean alcohol (Units, what the hell). And I don't see the problem. It's called an at home abortion. (Audience boos, she dives for cover). Actually, I'd be more concerned about a clear addiction problem.

I was pregnant once. A falcon punch cleared that right up. *Runs away as rotten tomatoes are thrown*
FALCON PUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONCH

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Chibz said:

Units are standadized amounts of ethanol in drinks so it's easier to estimate how much you've had to drink, in the UK a unit is 10 grams. In Denmark it's 12 grams, as that is the amount of ethanol in a standard 4.6% 33 cl beer.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
tomtom94 said:
It's the Daily Mail, this does not represent a wider problem.

However, still morally reprehensible and she'll learn this when she gets alcohol poisoning and her child gets fetal alcohol syndrome.
Aye, it's the Mail, but it's in a bunch of papers, just grabbed the first link from google search. :)

Demonicdan said:
I think there should be a responsibility test for having children, does she even want the child or is she just trying to get rid of it.
Those are the two questions alot of people are asking, the issue on a test of some kind, and whether she intends to keep the kid.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
'I'm not an idiot, I know I might be doing my baby harm.'
But to defend herself, the Waltham Abbey, Essex, resident says: 'I'm young and I don't feel ready to stop my life.

Then get a damn abortion. If don't feel ready to "stop your life" (which is seems to be a lot of drinking) because you are pregnant, then you probably won't feel ready when the baby is born.

People. Don't have a baby unless you are 100% sure you want to have children.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Some people should not have Children

yea and the baby i reckon should be taken off her

Hedonist

Jun 22, 2011
Isn't that called negligence?
I think she should be charged with negligence when the baby is born with physical and mental problems. People like this are why we need abortion.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I'd almost wager money that this chick's from Liverpool.

But isn't that the way it tends to be with teen pregnancy? You get knocked up, the government gives you money and a place to live without any real effort on your part. I've seen this a million times. She obviously doesn't seem to want the kid. For the kid's sake I hope she doesn't have it. It's just a sad story all around.

savory

Jul 13, 2011
imo she is having an abortion, I mean... I doubt there's much of a chance the baby is gonna survive that. If it does survive it's gonna be one crazy mutant baby, or at least brain dead.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
lettucethesallad said:
I'd almost wager money that this chick's from Liverpool.

But isn't that the way it tends to be with teen pregnancy? You get knocked up, the government gives you money and a place to live without any real effort on your part. I've seen this a million times. She obviously doesn't seem to want the kid. For the kid's sake I hope she doesn't have it. It's just a sad story all around.
Essex I think..

(Mr Escapist manager man, I fucking hate this new Captcha bullshit, BUT LOL IT WAS 'MOTHER APPROVED') xD

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Boris Goodenough said:
Units are standadized amounts of ethanol in drinks so it's easier to estimate how much you've had to drink, in the UK a unit is 10 grams. In Denmark it's 12 grams, as that is the amount of ethanol in a standard 4.6% 33 cl beer.
Here we just call them "equivalent drinks". It's an odd system, but whatever.

Is there a law against willingly & knowingly causing inevitable birth defects in a child? Because, if so, get 'er boys.