Preorder Left 4 Dead 2, Get a Special TF2 Hat

Quick Ben

Oct 27, 2008
Damn. I was planning on waiting a bit before I bought L4D2, but now I'm not sure if I can make myself. The pros of pre-ordering are starting to heavily outweigh those of waiting a bit...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
o i love valve! always giving away and lowering the prices for pre-orders! gonna have to Pre-order it tonight! and the Demo! weeeeeee

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I might as well wait for Christmas...by that time, I can be the lovable noob everyone takes under their wing

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
WAIT WAIT WAIT, so to get people to buy L4D2 (the one without bill) they are giving away bill's hat?

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
orangebandguy said:
I won't be getting that hat. Never mind eh?

It's not the first time universes have collided, Half Life 2 Ep 2 has an Aperture Science boat in it.
Portal is set in the same universe.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
LIES! The chainsaw in L4D2 says HALE as in Saxton Hale from TF2! This isn't the first crossover!RAGESPLOSION*explodes*

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Im not much of a fan of TF2. But if i was i would see the hat as a gimmick that loses fun quickly. There should be a unlockable Bill when the team get a high enough score or something.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I don't understand this.

It's not like anyone would drop 5 dollars for a virtual hat, right?

If you were gonna preorder the game, you would have; I doubt this would have really changed your decision is all I'm saying.

That's pretty cool though.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
TheTemby said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT, so to get people to buy L4D2 (the one without bill) they are giving away bill's hat?
Those bastards!
They stole Bill's hat!

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
This is why I shall not be buying that game due to my immense phobia of hats, I mean seriously they freak me out.
Anyway my inner self broke free for a minute there this doesn't really make me wanna pre order the game.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
johnx61 said:
In any case, I have no interest in L4D2. So I'd be playing $40 for a hat. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
You get the game as well. Are you the sort of person who buys magazines for the free deodorant samples in the adverts?

I'll pick it up after I've played the demo, if I like it I'll preorder so it's £5 cheaper. :)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm thinking about doing this.

'Course it's only for the fact that hats have a negative percentage drop rate.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
TheNamlessGuy said:
Awww, it's in TF2?
I thought you would get a hat from TF2.
You know, like the Scout, Engineer, Spy or something like that.

To have a spymask would be awesome
Same.

Talk about a buzz kill.