Preorder Left 4 Dead 2, Get a Special TF2 Hat

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
theultimateend said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Awww, it's in TF2?
I thought you would get a hat from TF2.
You know, like the Scout, Engineer, Spy or something like that.

To have a spymask would be awesome
Same.

Talk about a buzz kill.
I figure if people start writing in requesting those sorts of things, like they did with the Companion Cube plush, it'll eventually happen. On the other hand it's stupidly easy to get a ski mask in real life in either red or blue.

Personally though if they did make a few articles of clothing right out of their games I'd be all over that.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Wait, I've preordered Left 4 Dead 2 at GameStop and I got the demo and all, so can I still get the hat?

Valiance said:
I don't understand this.

It's not like anyone would drop 5 dollars for a virtual hat, right?

If you were gonna preorder the game, you would have; I doubt this would have really changed your decision is all I'm saying.

That's pretty cool though.
It's not trying to make people preorder the game for the hat, it's just giving a little bonus to the people who have already preordered it.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
elitepie931 said:
TheTemby said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT, so to get people to buy L4D2 (the one without bill) they are giving away bill's hat?
Those bastards!
They stole Bill's hat!
He was dead by that time anyway, so it's not like he was using it. For every game of Left 4 Dead you played where Bill died, they took his hat and made a stockpile of them. This is just them trying to clear some room for the piles of hats from the dead Ellises in the new game.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
And here I was thinking they meant an actual, factual hat. Shame.

I don't see the big attraction to the hats in TF2, to be honest...

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
A spiffy hat you say? Why I would very much enjoy a spiffy hat. Spiffy things are so very spiffy.

Andronicus said:
He was dead by that time anyway, so it's not like he was using it. For every game of Left 4 Dead you played where Bill died, they took his hat and made a stockpile of them. This is just them trying to clear some room for the piles of hats from the dead Ellises in the new game.
That's the best explanation I've ever heard for anything of the sort.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Wait it fell into an alternate dimension? that doesnt make sence, ah screw ,it its awesome anyway :)