Preorder StarCraft II, Get Beta Access

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
just came back from gamestop to redo my pre-order and get the key, DLing as i post this.

THANK YOU JOHN FUNK! =D

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Off topic: any sign of the UK price for the Collector's Edition? Or even if it's getting a UK release at all? (The Collector's Edition, obviously)

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
i just read my receipt for the beta key, it says that it expires on may 31 2010.....potential release date?

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
Xzi said:
ryuke2009 said:
just came back from gamestop to redo my pre-order and get the key, DLing as i post this.

THANK YOU JOHN FUNK! =D
Upload rate of 250kb/s is killing me...my computer can handle it, but my ISP, not so much.

yeah mine keeps going from high 200s up as high as 400 then back down again.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I'd do this if not for the fact that the entire point of the beta for me is to see if Starcraft II is worth it and worth the hype, so preordering a game I may not even want is a bit counter-intuitive to me. I know it's just $5 but I can't really afford to be indiscriminate with money while I'm in between jobs.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Damn, this is pure genius.

Geez, I don't know how Blizzard can do such small things and yet reap billions from it. But I'll be damned if I'm not jealous of their userbase.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
So how long did people have to wait for their beta key? Pre-ordered mine about 10 minutes ago, and still aint come through. YES IM IMPATIENT!

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
And this is why I'm loosing faith in Blizzard, selling Beta access? For the love of god, just put the damn thing out or already or shut up about it.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
deth2munkies said:
There goes the neighborhood.

:p

I might as well ask something constructive then:

With a lot of members of The Escapist snagging these keys, does anyone want to set up either a practice league or Escapist SC2 beta tourney? I know there are at least 6 people here in the beta and hopefully these keys will make a lot more.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.189975-Escapist-Starcraft-2-Beta-Practice-League-Tourney

^Thread is up if you're interested in a practice league and perhaps a tournament after a couple weeks.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
tkioz said:
And this is why I'm loosing faith in Blizzard, selling Beta access? For the love of god, just put the damn thing out or already or shut up about it.
They're hardly selling beta access, people who want it would've already pre-ordered and second of all, if you want in the beta, you're likely to want the game, so it's a nice bonus to come with the game. Y'know that game you'd be buying regardless of whether it came with beta access

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I just finished calling 5 friends and telling them to book it to Gamestop.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Done and done. I already pre-ordered the collector's edition of this.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I planned on buying SC II anyways, so I went for it anyways, and I must say... :D.

Although it seems natural that they would do it this way, after all they want to maximize their profits and all the "real" SC gamers (aka the ones who test HARD) would have preordered anyways. Yes, it's taking them a while to release, but hey you can get to play early through the beta...

Or, if you're not sure if you'll like it, 5$ demo!
I approve, Bliz.

Although I still suck at it, hehe.

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
Wonderful! downloading the beta-client as I type. Thank you Funk, I probably wouldn't have known about this until supplies were depleted. Handy article!