Prepare to Die with Dark Souls Console DLC

loa

Jan 28, 2012
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Not really. Dark Souls isn't all that frustrating if you have a bit of patience and a decent memory.
AKA playing a tank with a lightning washing pole.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Are they going to be charging PC buyers 15 dollars extra?
Sorry, I'm just bitter. PC gets the game AND the extra content in a package deal while the guys who supported it from the start get charged 15 bucks.
Yeah it's me bitching but why do the guys at the opposite end of your market get first consideration?
because we are just that handsome.
but really, giving people who waited longer for the game the dlc for free is the same thing goty-editions do, what i don't get is why console players have wait so much longer, are they deliberately holding the content back or was it developed PC first?

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
Yay! I don't care that I have to pay extra I'm just glad I can get it. Now where did I leave Dark Souls...

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
You know what the keyboad needs? A joystick. I love PC gaming and the only way it could be any better is if the keyboard comes with a little joystick on the side for movement. Why hasn't this happened?

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Actually looking forward to the DLC. I think something I read somewhere sums up my experience with Dark Souls "Every single thing you encounter is at least as qualified at killing you as you are at killing at"

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Are they going to be charging PC buyers 15 dollars extra?
Sorry, I'm just bitter. PC gets the game AND the extra content in a package deal while the guys who supported it from the start get charged 15 bucks.
Yeah it's me bitching but why do the guys at the opposite end of your market get first consideration?
They don't need to charge the PC buyers $15 extra because all of the PC content will already be included with the core game and not downloaded via X-Box Live or PSN.

Regardless of how much the console players may have supported the game, Namco-Bandai would be foolish to give away the console DLC for free as they would incur considerable bandwidth charges from Microsoft and Sony.

You also have to consider that not everyone who has a console version of the game would have bought the game new and supported the publisher and developer, so for Namco-Bandai to pay for non-customers to download the DLC would be a terrible business decision akin to just throwing money away.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
manic_depressive13 said:
So how exactly might I go about obtaining this DLC? Would I have to buy it over the PSN? Call me paranoid, but I don't think I feel like giving my credit card number to Sony.
Just use those money card things best buy sells.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Kalezian said:
But we all know the real reason you shouldn't level up. Its so you can invade other players games with your insanely awesome equipment when they had just found out how to save at the first bonfire.
But people who do this will also burn in hell eternally, so that's the trade-off I guess.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Kalezian said:
But we all know the real reason you shouldn't level up. Its so you can invade other players games with your insanely awesome equipment when they had just found out how to save at the first bonfire.
No.
That is not what you should be doing.
PvPers level up as far as they can and face off against people who are as/more powerful.
People who remain low level while having powerful gear just to prey on nublets are about as cool as grow up men that has arm-wrestling matches with 10 year old kids.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
So glad I don't have to get this on PC now. I'll happily wait until the Winter for extra content to what is possibly one of my most loved games ever made....well, after 'No Luca No' of course. That fucking cat!

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Well sounds like I am going to have to get grinding my pyro again, Gods I hoped that I could just carry on with my life, but noooo Dark Souls is like "YOU HAVE TO BEAT ME!" its like a dominatrix trying to be submissive...

Where the hell did my mind just go?! *shudders* Nevermind me, I think I should just go kills some things

Mar 7, 2012
This is how DLC should be done.

Not chopping out content and saying "Pay extra!"

They developed the original game with the whole intention of being a complete package. And then, when the game is successful, develop more content and say "Hey! We got more content if you want to buy it!"

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Allthingsspectacular said:
This is how DLC should be done.

Not chopping out content and saying "Pay extra!"

They developed the original game with the whole intention of being a complete package. And then, when the game is successful, develop more content and say "Hey! We got more content if you want to buy it!"
Even more than this, it was FROM/Namco reacting to the fans BEGGING for DLC, and then finally caving to our demands.

I give mad props to these guys for at least seeming like they care about their fans, which is a huge step up compared to, say, Capcom or Activision or EA or Ubisoft...

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Well it's not CDP tier "Here, take it all - it's free!" goodness, but still a decent offering.

And it might keep the servers going for longer, so there's that.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Kalezian said:
Name one other game where it is a viable tactic to lure the AI to its death with its own bad pathfinding.
Any game with environmental hazards and AI?

Also, I think the fastest speed run for the game is something like 40 minutes, the guy basically ran past every enemy he could and only fought bosses if he couldn't get them to off themselves.
You can beat games like Morrowind in under 10 minutes. Compared to that, 40 minutes is forever

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't have bugs and problems, of course. I'm pretty sure you can kill the Red Drake with a single arrow and some clipping errors, and the corpse physics must be seen to be believed.