Prepare to Meet the Pyro

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
As long as we don't find out that the Pyro is oh... I dunno... a clown or something like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eSNuQ8I2c

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
I think it should be an interview style Meet The

However, it's everyone else who is being interviewed. And they all say stuff about the Pyro while he runs around doing stuff in the background, occasionally with cuts to him doing stuff elsewhere.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Monkeyman O said:
Im betting on a Kenny [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hhd0bmvh0] style narration that won't reveal a damn thing.

Yep, that's pretty much how they're going to run with it. Why I'm not entirely enthused. They know it's better to leave it all up to our imagination, because making any sort of reveal would kill the excitement and mystery built around the Pyro all these years. Nope, they're just going to write something up that will be amusing, and find ways to make us ask even more questions. Simple story telling method to keep the audience hooked.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Pyro is Abraham Lincoln who has been turned into a cyborg by Engineer's grandfather and can now live forever.

That sentence probably sounds a lot more insane and random to someone who hasn't read all of the supplementary material.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Steve the Pocket said:
Judging from some of the language in their post and some stuff I heard ages ago, I already know what the secret project is.

Source Filmmaker. Which they said a while ago was going to be released when Meet the Pyro comes out.
Wouldn't the fact that they already said that they would release Filmmaker after the final Meet the Team video was out preclude its status of being, you know, a secret?

Also, the spoiler tag sucks on this forum. Why can't we have the option of having a blacked out block of text that shows up when you mouse over it? The click to view method makes it impossible to spoiler only part of a sentence or paragraph without turning your post into a formatting nightmare.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
My avatar is waiting patiently for that video to be finally released.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. The "Meet The" videos are the reason why I even started playing Team Fortress 2.
I also have my torch and pitchfork ready to hunt down that monstrous hat-map hybrid.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Very much exite, Toombs is. :3

I've always been a fan of Pyro, and was quite sad to discover its lack of existance when I first found the "Meet the X" videos.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
People are acting like this is a final definitive thing, which of course it won't be because it would kill the mystery as others have said. Besides, I'm still waiting for meet the announcer.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Im going to guess it's going to be an april fools thing or something, either that or it'll be muffled...and doesnt learn towards one or the other gender.

Or maybe....it pulls it's mask off and reveals a Spy, then an Engineer, then a Solider and so on and so on, giving little jabs that the Pyro is either a hallucination or a ghost....?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I hope Pyro turns out be be a chick. Just to screw with everyone. It would be of great amusement to me.
That or he needs to be the most war scarred, napalm burned Vietnam Vet who went batshit crazy in the war and was MIA for 12 years until he turned up in Burma. Ya, I like the sound of that.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
I'm sick of saying this!
Frankenstein is not the name of the monster, he has no name, thats the whole point!
The "Doctor", who isn't a doctor, is named Frankenstein!

OT: This is going to be the most interesting skit out of the whole lot and I don't even play this game!

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Yeah, there is no way that they will reveal Pyro's gender, or much else. I mean, what would be the point? "Oh, he's male / she's female? Alright, glad that's cleared up! I am so happy that now all of our threads and arguments and analysis seem pointless and silly." People enjoy the mystery. The character is far more satisfying this way, and Valve knows that.

I suspect that the video will start out seeming to confirm one way or another, and then there will be some sort of ambiguous reversal, leaving us back where we started.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Monkeyman O said:
Im betting on a Kenny [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hhd0bmvh0] style narration that won't reveal a damn thing.
In line with that, I'm betting it's not nearly as funny as the fan-made video on Newgrounds of "Meet the Pyro". Incidentally, I just want to ask...why the hell did they take so long?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Monkeyman O said:
In line with that, I'm betting it's not nearly as funny as the fan-made video on Newgrounds of "Meet the Pyro". Incidentally, I just want to ask...why the hell did they take so long?
They released the "Meet the [Team Member]" one by one, the Pyro just happened to be last in line. The Medic was just this summer.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Mantonio said:

However, it's everyone else who is being interviewed. And they all say stuff about the Pyro while he runs around doing stuff in the background, occasionally with cuts to him doing stuff elsewhere.
Lol, nice idea. I love the pyro so!

All of the meet the team videos have been great, pretty sure valve want to make it perfect.

Hudda hudda huh!

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
dragongit said:
As long as we don't find out that the Pyro is oh... I dunno... a clown or something like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eSNuQ8I2c
Honeslty when you wrote that I instantly thought of this... actually; meet the pyro should be like THIS!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
mmmph fffmmmmp hhhhmmmmmmmph.

[yay! i love the pyro. It fact it's my favoritest class. not necessarily my best played though. anyway I'm not sure if i want to know the gender... or not. maybe pull the kakashi thing where the whole lead up is finding out what's under the mask and all it turns out to be is another mask. that episode and one other are the only two i like out of the entire naruto series. also i'd prefer if most of it was grunting with subtitles like this post.]

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Mantonio said:

I agree with this statement. That would produce the best video.