Preview: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Well, just when the amount of time I spend playing Warband was slowing down a bit... Still, I'm very excited about this. They already showed in the change from M&B to Warband that they do improve many things, sometimes tiny little aspects. And I did have complaints about how routine besieging a castle is, even if it's still fun. Has anyone ever waited the whole 30 days for them to run out of food?
From the improvements I've heard, I'm excited about this game.
Hopefully they add some easier way to increase your relation with villages as well. I am lord of one with a relation of -100, because when it was the enemies I kinda picked on it with the raiding...
Oh, and inevitable sequel. Yay!

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I skipped Warband, but I spent a ludicrous amount of time playing the original and its mods. The features mentioned in this game seem to be beyond what any mod has been able to achieve to far, so I'm certainly going to give this a go.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I loved M&B and Warband, along with the many mods that there were for each of them. Adding gunpowder to the mix will make things much more interesting. True, mods have been doing this for as long as the game has been out, but with the devs working on it, some small things that mods couldn't work out should be polished, and make it another great stepping stone for better even mods.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Polish troops? Winged Hussars? Can M+B support a 20,000 strong cavalry charge? Can I break the siege of Vienna as Jan III Sobieski? Because that would be awesome...

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Sounds good. I guess it was inevitable they make the switch to gunpowder-based weapons, but I know I'll probably still just end up riding around with a big-ass sword.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
i'll miss the fantasy setting as well. Oh well, if the gameplay is still as wicked as the past to mount and blades, i'm in.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I loved warband.

I thought Fire and Sword wasn't ever going to go English so this is awesome.

Dumplebush

Oct 23, 2008
At first i was like oh man they should totally make a US faction, but then i decided that it would be ridiculous for a couple of reasons. first it would pretty much destroy any historical accuracy they would be going for. second if there was a US faction then i would probably just recruit out of that faction and not even bother learning about the other ones, and lastly and probably most importantly its time for me to grow up and stop masturbating at the thought of the us army kicking ass throughout the past present and future.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Holy shit! AWESOME! You can use cannons now for siege? PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN USE CANNONS!!! I hate having all my troops get bunched up on that damned ladder and I can't get to the top.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
I will probably buy this the instant it comes out, since I had such a good time with the original Mount&Blade. Although I was really disappointed with Taleworlds when they wanted 40 euros for Warband, which was at best just a update.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I am looking forward to this. But yes i also want a fantasy version. Its like real time action Heroes of might and magic.

Lord_Kristof

Sep 24, 2010
I can't help but think that this 'new game' is not new at all. I have seen a game with the same setting and name in Poland around December 2009. It's still easily available in my country. I'm not sure if it's the same exact game, but still it seems strange... Is TaleWorlds re-releasing the same game, or borrowing the idea from another company or what?
http://gfx.gaminator.tv/data/gameedition/1/10667.2.jpg