Previews: Homefront: The Revolution Video Preview

Charles Phipps

Oct 12, 2013
Eh, given Homefront was written by John Milinus you can't get more Red Dawn than that.

As for its plot, yes, its less believable than aliens or zombies combined but North Korea is a horrible dictatorship so who cares what they think?

STAND YOUR GROUNDDDDDD....

(sadly, the original game set a gold standard for development hell conditions for its workers)

MXRom

Jan 10, 2013
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
I have two questions.

One: How in the holy chipmunk fuck did Homefront get a sequel? Entire developers have been punished and destroyed for making games that got far better scores and sold better than that game. I just can't even see the publisher logic that thinks this can make money.

Two: When am I going to get my proper Red Dawn game? Stop pussyfooting around with this North Korea nonsense and trying to be all dark and gritty and just make the damn game. A game in the 1980s where a group of All-American high school students hide out in the woods and slaughter the filthy Communist Russians with guerrilla warfare and terrorist actions. I want the music, I want the glorious jingoism and I want it played awesomely cheesy, but also completely straight faced.
WHEN DAMMIT.
1: This isn't a sequel, it's a reboot. Crytek acquired the rights because they liked the premise. American rebels actually fighting a power stronger than them, not only fighting but civilian militia fighting well armed soldiers in their very homes. Such an ironic twist that also can make for interesting scenarios. Also they thought the original was a bit silly so they gave North Korea a lot more future tech so this is much more sci fi than the last one. And if you think that is silly then think of this:

'All of South America gets together to become one nation but instead of doing the logical thing and build up their economy and infrastructure they blow their wealth on invading the U.S, stealing their giant space gun, reverse engineer and build 11 more of the damn things in less than 10 years only to lose it to a team of commandos and their meddling dog.' That is the basic plot of CoD Ghosts. If that could get a multimillion dollar budget so can this.

2: I don't think Crytek has the rights to Red Dawn. Homefront's all they got so they're rolling with this.

Aug 1, 2010
MXRom said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
I have two questions.

One: How in the holy chipmunk fuck did Homefront get a sequel? Entire developers have been punished and destroyed for making games that got far better scores and sold better than that game. I just can't even see the publisher logic that thinks this can make money.

Two: When am I going to get my proper Red Dawn game? Stop pussyfooting around with this North Korea nonsense and trying to be all dark and gritty and just make the damn game. A game in the 1980s where a group of All-American high school students hide out in the woods and slaughter the filthy Communist Russians with guerrilla warfare and terrorist actions. I want the music, I want the glorious jingoism and I want it played awesomely cheesy, but also completely straight faced.
WHEN DAMMIT.
1: This isn't a sequel, it's a reboot.
Oh. Huh. Didn't know that. A reboot to a series that came out a few years ago and had one entry. That makes even less sense.

[quote/]
Also they thought the original was a bit silly so they gave North Korea a lot more future tech so this is much more sci fi than the last one.
[/quote]
The technology is not the issue. The instant you make the North Koreans your big villain that subjugates the US, it's completely moronic.

And yes, Ghosts was idiotic as well, but it has the momentum of the CoD series. They were going to make another Call of Duty no matter what. Homefront didn't do nearly well enough to justify another game from its premise.

[quote/]
2: I don't think Crytek has the rights to Red Dawn. Homefront's all they got so they're rolling with this.
[/quote]
I can still dream...