PREY is getting Excellent reviews from everywhere

Qoajo

May 10, 2017
Tried it and hated it. The guns do zilch for damage, making them all pretty much useless. (barring the GLOO gun). And Prey seems to enjoy just throwing mimics in every freaking corner that you encounter. In addition, I didn't enjoy the campaign very much. The pacing felt off.

The scenery was beautifully designed, however. I'd pick it up for around $20. Definitely not worth $50.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Charcharo said:
You are richer than 90% of Bulgarians. Yet most of us are PC Gamers. So I aint buying this. Sorry.
Most of the population of Bulgaria are PC gamers? Or most of the "gamers" in Bulgaria are on PC?

Those are two different statistics, and I'd be skeptical of the former.

Charcharo said:
The cost-benefit analysis is why most poor Eastern Europeans are on PC *Sigh*
Same question.

Charcharo said:
I probably have played more games than you.
Well, I'm quite open to that possibility, but looking at your profile, you're six years younger than me, so for someone who's constantly going on about expenses, you sure do seem to have the time and/or money to accumulate these games.

Charcharo said:
And wanna know how many games I have played on my PC that arent compatible with my PC?
Zero.
Again, the rest is WCCFTech level.
I have no idea what WCCFTech even is. Looking it up, it seems to be a supplier. Looking further down your post, you are/have done engineering, so forgive us lowly plebes for choosing the wrong degree to pursue in our lives.

Like I said, the benefit of consoles is that there's a guarantee of operation. PC's don't have that.

Charcharo said:
My oh my, unless your consoles can survive for the next few millions of years, gaming as an art form is fucked.
Also, Consoles are built with low end components. ANy good mobo and GPU and RAM are objectively better.
Nothing survives millions of years mate. The human race is unlikely to even be around millions of years from now, and those damn dirty apes probably won't care about our art. ;p

But that's the same argument that applies to any form of media, ever. Books fade, so are reprinted. Games and hardware break down, that's why the source code is kept, and re-used. If it's re-released on consoles or PC, I don't care, just make sure it isn't lost.

Charcharo said:
Why are you playing on a desk then?
"Social playing." SOCIAL. As in, multiple people together in the one room.

Charcharo said:
You do realize that you do not need a high end laptop to play the latest games?
Your PS4 is inferior to any GTX 1050 laptop. Those dont cost 2000 dollars. Your PS4 Pro will be inferior to some 1050 Ti laptops (at around 1000 USD) and all RX 470/1060 laptops.
I looked up the GTX 1050. It costs around $1400 AUD. Which is much more expensive than any console. I'd also be spending that money on things I don't need - I have a PC, and a laptop notepad, which give me the basic functions that the electronic age demands.

I've used $2000 as a benchmark because that's the average price in Australia for a so called "gaming PC." I'd be interested in that in that system requirements go up over time (least for AAA releases), and that I'd want a device that could meet the minimum system requirements for the longest period of time. Let's just say however, that $2000 isn't money I'd part with lightly. Heck, come today, my family will spend around $1900 on car maintenance, just to ensure it's legal to drive the damn thing. Money we can afford to spend, just not part with lightly, so you'll forgive me, oh PC master race, if I'm reluctant to spend thousands of dollars on luxuries.

Charcharo said:
I dont. I hate rich people with little foresight and zero empathy for anyone else and , more importantly, the art form.

You are for sure richer than I am *shruggs*. You would not be on console otherwise. Either that or our mathematical skills are severely skewed in my favour.
Y'know, for someone who hates people with "zero empathy," you seem to be doing a good job of hating people regardless. Demanding that everyone has the time, knowledge and/or money to play games on your chosen hardware, lest they be the scum of the earth.

Okay then, let's assume I'm richer than you (technically possible). I can say however, that unlike you, I haven't done any engineering degree, and as I'm sure you can relate to, degrees cost lots of time, and lots of money. I would know - I've done one degree and one diploma, and only the latter is relevant to my current position as a library assistant. If I treated customers like you do on these forums, I'd be fired. Also, the reason I don't is that because the desire to keep my job aside, I'm aware of the fact that not everyone trained in the same field I did, and therefore, it's my duty to provide assistance to people who aren't in the know.

Charcharo said:
Hardware dies mate. Seriously, even high end perfectly manufactured on mature processes and nodes CPUs and GPUs die. Eveything dies. Every machine, every man, every animal, every single thing. You will die and I will die one day. There is nothing we can do to stop that, no matter what we try or what we ever achieve in life. There is no other end scenario. However, the purest form of immortality we have is art.
Here is the newsflash. Consoles die. Their parts arent manufactured forever. One day, 100 years from now, the only few working PS4s will be in a museum. And unless PCs or general user computers can emulate the PS4 and its exclusives... our art form just lost something.
All hardware dies, as you point out. You know, you're right, a hundred years from now, PS4s will be few and far between. You know what else will be rare? The hardware I'm using for my PC right here, right now. 100 years from now, quantum computing will likely be a thing, and every game out now will be in the public domain.

Hence why I'm fine with re-releases. Source code is kept, it's re-released as hardware comes along, and so on. Whether that be the PS10, or whatever the heck we're using in 100 years time. Console or PC, the hardware will be updated either way.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Plus a few more hundred every few months for a graphics card.
you don't have to do this though. like why would you buy a new GPU every few months?
Because apparently you're not a real PC gamer if you don't do that. Just like how I'm not a real PC gamer for not knowing how to fix my 4 year old PC that decided to kaput on me.
what?
You heard me. I have been told in various places (even on this site) that if you are not upgrading your graphics card every few months, you are not a PC gamer.
then don't listen to those people. it's like saying if you don't buy next-gen that you're not a console gamer, it's ludicrous. don't let PCMR people ruin PC for you.
Too late my PC is broken and I refuse to fix it.
your loss I guess?

Phoenixmgs said:
Bombiz said:
Phoenixmgs said:
I actually OWN my console games...

I guess you suck with a controller...
1) I also own my console and PC games
Link me to where I can buy the PC version of Prey and actually own it, meaning I can sell it if I don't like it or when I'm done playing it.

Bombiz said:
no one here was talking about how PC's where better than consoles until that post showed up.
Where did I say consoles were better than PCs?

BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
So because you think the site is ''filled'' with PC fanboys, you decide to to bring up PC vs consoles in a completely unrelated thread? Yeah that makes perfect sense, I think we've had this exact conversation before. Literally NO ONE cares or asked you to bring up why you prefer consoles, you brought it up out of nowhere. Those people only started arguing about PCvsConsoles because you started it.
The site is filled with PC fanboys considering that even another user "fixed" one of my messages to say that. In that message I didn't even say consoles were better, I just said I have the freedom to sell my games that was it.
what did you mean by this then " guess the "master race" is the master race because they gave up their ability to own games. "? were you trying to be condescending just cause?

and what do you mean "fixed" your post? you didn't say that consoles where better but you heavily hinted that since you could sell your games on consoles that they were better.
why would you even bring that up when no one else in the thread had brought it up? it just seems like you've got a chip on your shoulder.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Phoenixmgs said:
The site is filled with PC fanboys considering that even another user "fixed" one of my messages to say that. In that message I didn't even say consoles were better, I just said I have the freedom to sell my games that was it.
So 2 people saying that this site is filled with PC fanboys makes it true? I'm sure I can get more than 2 people to say that you're a console fanboy. That guy also thinks you must upgrade your PC every couple of months otherwise you're not a PC gamer because someone told him so.

You brought up that you can sell your games and that games are cheaper while coming down on the ''pc master race'' for ''giving up their rights to sell their games.'' Why? ''Because this site is filled with PC fanboys'' isn't a valid or logical answer, you just want everyone to read how consoles are better than PC every chance you get.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Bombiz said:
what did you mean by this then " guess the "master race" is the master race because they gave up their ability to own games. "? were you trying to be condescending just cause?

why would you even bring that up when no one else in the thread had brought it up? it just seems like you've got a chip on your shoulder.
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
So 2 people saying that this site is filled with PC fanboys makes it true? I'm sure I can get more than 2 people to say that you're a console fanboy. That guy also thinks you must upgrade your PC every couple of months otherwise you're not a PC gamer because someone told him so.

You brought up that you can sell your games and that games are cheaper while coming down on the ''pc master race'' for ''giving up their rights to sell their games.'' Why? ''Because this site is filled with PC fanboys'' isn't a valid or logical answer, you just want everyone to read how consoles are better than PC every chance you get.
I admit I was condescending but it's due to threads like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.943893-Why-are-modern-consoles-bad?page=1] where the PCMR condescends towards consoles while getting their facts just wrong and ignoring what consoles actually do better (like actually owning games). And, I just can't resist when a PC gamer (on this site) complains about something that isn't a problem on a console. As you can see, Ezekiel was fully on that console hate-train in the thread linked. But now he hates not being able to try a game he might not like and be out $60, which is one of the great pros of consoles.

And Baby, how am I a console fanboy? I've literally never said consoles are better, but better for me and my preferences. I almost completely play on consoles because I prefer them, not because I think they are objectively better. I do have some PC games like Divinity OS, Shadowrun, and back in the day I played Thief, Duke Nukem, No One Lives Forever, etc.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Phoenixmgs said:
Bombiz said:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

I admit I was condescending but it's due to threads like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.943893-Why-are-modern-consoles-bad?page=1] where the PCMR condescends towards consoles while getting their facts just wrong and ignoring what consoles actually do better (like actually owning games). And, I just can't resist when a PC gamer (on this site) complains about something that isn't a problem on a console. As you can see, Ezekiel was fully on that console hate-train in the thread linked. But now he hates not being able to try a game he might not like and be out $60, which is one of the great pros of consoles.

And Baby, how am I a console fanboy? I've literally never said consoles are better, but better for me and my preferences. I almost completely play on consoles because I prefer them, not because I think they are objectively better. I do have some PC games like Divinity OS, Shadowrun, and back in the day I played Thief, Duke Nukem, No One Lives Forever, etc.
So you're also admitting to derailing this thread because you're butthurt over a completely different, unrelated thread and because of what another user said in that thread? Save that grudge until it's actually relevant to bring up, a thread about Prey isn't close to the right time and place, you must see that yourself.

The fact that you're always ready to defend consoles and bring up its pros and PCs negatives even when it's completely irrelevant to the actual subject raises a lot of red flags. You playing a couple of games on PC doesn't make you immune to being a fanboy. I'm sure a bunch of people who you consider PC fanboys owns or did own consoles at some point as well.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
So you're also admitting to derailing this thread because you're butthurt over a completely different, unrelated thread and because of what another user said in that thread? Save that grudge until it's actually relevant to bring up, a thread about Prey isn't close to the right time and place, you must see that yourself.

The fact that you're always ready to defend consoles and bring up its pros and PCs negatives even when it's completely irrelevant to the actual subject raises a lot of red flags. You playing a couple of games on PC doesn't make you immune to being a fanboy. I'm sure a bunch of people who you consider PC fanboys owns or did own consoles at some point as well.
I made my initial post about said thread. Then I quoted and replied to another poster as my reply was related to what he said, which said poster replied to, we had a back and forth and it ended. The thread went at least 2 pages without it going PC vs console. What's your definition of fanboy? Is just liking something a fanboy? I like Prey, am I a Prey fanboy then? Did I ever say consoles are better overall than PCs in this or any thread like the PCMR people are trying to argue right here? Consoles are better in the aspect of game ownership, a single aspect of many that would cause one to buy 1 platform over another, that is all I've said in the thread about PCs or consoles. However, you're totally on to me, I'm trying to prove consoles are the best and convert all gamers to consolites [/sarcasm]

Charcharo said:
You think you own a game in today's world?
You really are a happier person than I am. But also a more ignorant one. Mate, you own almost nothing. None of us do. And the few things you do own are hardware that lives on borrowed time.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
I like the new prey, it has some of the system shock goodness I miss so very very much and was missing from Bioshock (one of the reasons I chucked a whole bunch of money at the System Shock reboot)
but I just don't know why it's called prey it might as well have been an entirely new I.P because it has no connection to the original prey and I really would have rather seen the Prey 2 that HHS were making and this be called something else. Mimicshock perhaps.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Bombiz said:
RaikuFA said:
Plus a few more hundred every few months for a graphics card.
you don't have to do this though. like why would you buy a new GPU every few months?
Because apparently you're not a real PC gamer if you don't do that. Just like how I'm not a real PC gamer for not knowing how to fix my 4 year old PC that decided to kaput on me.
what?
You heard me. I have been told in various places (even on this site) that if you are not upgrading your graphics card every few months, you are not a PC gamer.
then don't listen to those people. it's like saying if you don't buy next-gen that you're not a console gamer, it's ludicrous. don't let PCMR people ruin PC for you.
Too late my PC is broken and I refuse to fix it.
your loss I guess?

Phoenixmgs said:
Bombiz said:
Phoenixmgs said:
I actually OWN my console games...

I guess you suck with a controller...
1) I also own my console and PC games
Link me to where I can buy the PC version of Prey and actually own it, meaning I can sell it if I don't like it or when I'm done playing it.

Bombiz said:
no one here was talking about how PC's where better than consoles until that post showed up.
Where did I say consoles were better than PCs?

BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
So because you think the site is ''filled'' with PC fanboys, you decide to to bring up PC vs consoles in a completely unrelated thread? Yeah that makes perfect sense, I think we've had this exact conversation before. Literally NO ONE cares or asked you to bring up why you prefer consoles, you brought it up out of nowhere. Those people only started arguing about PCvsConsoles because you started it.

and what do you mean "fixed" your post? you didn't say that consoles where better but you heavily hinted that since you could sell your games on consoles that they were better.
Not really, there's nothing I want from a PC. Damn thing was unessesary stress.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Phoenixmgs said:

I mainly say that that in a "not making this shit up" way.

Also, I've had death threats over playing on console. On here no less. There's nothing I want on PC. It's too damn expensive and very stressful trying to get games to work. It just ain't for me.