Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

The actress that played Princess Leia has admitted to using cocaine during the filming of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

While juice boxes and donuts were likely the most dangerous substances consumed by the actors in the prequel Star Wars [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-McGregor/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1287000182&sr=8-7] trilogy, the original trilogy's actors were engaged in much harder stuff. At least one of them was, anyway, with Carrie Fisher recently admitting that while she wasn't on camera as Princess Leia, she was snorting cocaine.

"We did cocaine on the set of Empire [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Harrison-Ford/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287000182&sr=8-3], in the ice planet," Fisher told Australian newswire AAP. "I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high."

Fisher is currently traveling to various locations to perform a one-woman play called Wishful Drinking [http://www.amazon.com/Wishful-Drinking-Carrie-Fisher/dp/1439102252], based on her book of the same name. The book follows Fisher's bouts with alcoholism and drug addiction. As with many successful movie stars, the popularity she found in Star Wars wasn't enough to make her want to get clean.

After John Belushi, who died of a drug overdose, warned Fisher that she had a drug problem on the set of Blues Brothers, she began to realize that she was walking down a dangerous path. Fisher says she realized she was "losing her choice in the matter."

But Fisher doesn't blame her addiction on Star Wars or becoming a popular actress. "It's always been my responsibility," she added. "If it was Hollywood [to blame], then we'd all be dope addicts." Thankfully, Fisher was able to get clean, and we still have Princess Leia amongst the healthy. Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.

Source: Yahoo [http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101011/en_afp/entertainmentfilmstarwarspeoplefisherdrugs]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.
I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?

Lovelocke

Apr 6, 2009
Welcome to 1985, bub... TV ran this story in response to fans concerns after The Empire Strikes Back.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
well at least it confirms that people can act while high.

And before anyone else does it.

I'M CARRIE FISHER THE ACTOR AND I DO CO-CO-CO-CAINE!

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Tom Goldman said:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.
I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?
Mars? That ***** is fckin with the stars mate! Uv gotta be pretty high to even come up with the concept of what she wears

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
but see this worked to her advantage, she is probably the only cast member who has a legitimate excuse for the holiday special

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
rescuer86 said:
Wait, this is news?
Agreed. How could people not have known or at least suspected?

Being a Princess, leader of the Rebel Alliance and the daughter of the person you're fighting has to be a very stressful job.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
...huh. I could understand her (or anyone else) being high during the Christmas Special, but... hm. Food for thought, huh?

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
rekabdarb said:
well at least it confirms that people can act while high.

And before anyone else does it.

I'M CARRIE FISHER THE ACTOR AND I DO CO-CO-CO-CAINE!
hell robert downy jr put in some oscar worthy performances while he was tooting up for years.

sir lawerance olivia or how ever you spell his name was constantly drunk a good portion of his acting career.

stevie ray vaugn plastered and god knows what else alot of the time.

or as bill hicks says; if you don't think drugs have done good things for us go home tonite take all your tapes, all your albums, all your cds, and burn them. cause you know what, all those great musicians that made that music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years.....real fucking high on drugs.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Fischer and Ford also tripped the night before filming the cloud city scenes... i always thought that part was weird

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
Saucycardog said:
Why is anyone suprised by this? I thought everyone was high in the 70s.
QFT, it was the 70's. I would be more surprised if no one on that set was high.