Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Uhh.... yeah. It was like 1980 or something, EVERYONE and their cats did cocaine then, seriously even your mom did it if she was alive. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

Seriously go ask her, she will either admit it, and if she pauses before saying no, she's lying.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
it's no shock at all, i don't know why this would surprise anyone, or honestly, why anyone would care. a persons recreational activities have absolutely no bearing on what they provide for us.

cerebus23 said:
rekabdarb said:
well at least it confirms that people can act while high.

And before anyone else does it.

I'M CARRIE FISHER THE ACTOR AND I DO CO-CO-CO-CAINE!
hell robert downy jr put in some oscar worthy performances while he was tooting up for years.

sir lawerance olivia or how ever you spell his name was constantly drunk a good portion of his acting career.

stevie ray vaugn plastered and god knows what else alot of the time.

or as bill hicks says; if you don't think drugs have done good things for us go home tonite take all your tapes, all your albums, all your cds, and burn them. cause you know what, all those great musicians that made that music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years.....real fucking high on drugs.
some of the best songs my band writes is when we're completely hammered and occasionally something else. granted, we write some great songs sober, too, but i think our best... have certainly been under the influence.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Boyninja616 said:
rescuer86 said:
Wait, this is news?
Agreed. How could people not have known or at least suspected?

Being a Princess, leader of the Rebel Alliance and the daughter of the person you're fighting has to be a very stressful job.
Didn't they talk about this years ago during one of the documentaries or DVD commentaries? I distinctly remember her talking about how she was so destroyed in a lot of her scenes that someone had to say the lines and she would just repeat them. The scene where her and Harrison Ford almost kiss on the asteroid, if you look at him you can see him kind of doing it.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
This shouldnt come as a shock to anyone. Go watch the Holiday special, and you wont believe how stoned she is during the entire show. (I cannot say I blame her, as horrible as it was... and singing a song to the Star Wars theme? I would imagine that would be enough to bring on a sudden "sniffing" attack by itself.)

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
rekabdarb said:
well at least it confirms that people can act while high.
Nice avatar. Guts. High five.

And why is it MORE hilarious to me that they were doing it on the ICE PLANET? "Look at all this snow, man."

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
manythings said:
Boyninja616 said:
rescuer86 said:
Wait, this is news?
Agreed. How could people not have known or at least suspected?

Being a Princess, leader of the Rebel Alliance and the daughter of the person you're fighting has to be a very stressful job.
Didn't they talk about this years ago during one of the documentaries or DVD commentaries? I distinctly remember her talking about how she was so destroyed in a lot of her scenes that someone had to say the lines and she would just repeat them. The scene where her and Harrison Ford almost kiss on the asteroid, if you look at him you can see him kind of doing it.
I'm not old enough to have seen the documentaries and we have the videos, not the DVDs. However, I do remember noticing Harrison's mouth moving sometimes when Carrie was speaking.

It's even in her Bio here: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800010395/bio

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
She was high even before this. She STARTED during the filming of the Holiday Special.

That says something when the only way to keep sane during the filming of that abomination was to be high.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Damn
My starwars fanboyism passes right over that and is more concerned you used a RoJ picture not a ESB one.

>.<

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
While juice boxes and donuts were likely the most dangerous substances consumed by the actors in the prequel Star Wars [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-McGregor/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1287000182&sr=8-7] trilogy...

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
Jaxs said:
Saucycardog said:
Why is anyone suprised by this? I thought everyone was high in the 70s.
QFT, it was the 70's. I would be more surprised if no one on that set was high.
i traveled trough time to the set and wasn't high

while logical it's still interesting to know that they just did it on set

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
wammnebu said:
but see this worked to her advantage, she is probably the only cast member who has a legitimate excuse for the holiday special
Maybe the rest were also high. You know, that would totally explain its existence in the first place.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Makes sense to me, check out her performance in the Holiday Special she is quite obviously high off her gourd.

Tom Goldman said:
At least one of them was, anyway, with Carrie Fisher recently admitting that while she wasn't on camera as Princess Leia, she was snorting cocaine.
So,you mean to say that all the time Carrie Fisher wasn't on camera, she was doing cocaine. That's hardcore, I don't think I could do cocaine for three or four hours a day.

Electrogecko said:
"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?
Remember all that white stuff covering the set of Hoth... that wasn't snow.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I thought this was old news... also wasn't Kenny Baker notorious for smoking pot in the R2 doll? Or was that just a rumor.
Either way, weren't they all drugged to hell back then? And moreover did anyone really care, and do they now? Shit. It was the late 70's early 80's. Christ, listen to the music of that time and you KNOW people must have been high. Seriously... DISCO? C'mon...