Prisoner Uses Metal Gear's Cardboard Box to Escape

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
And now every time someone criticizess the Metal Gear series for being implausibly gimmicky, I can point out this article, shrug, and say "Hey, if it works in France..."

Vivvav

Jan 12, 2009
To all of the people saying this is awesome and commending the man on a job well done:
Let me remind you all that this man is not Solid Snake. He is not some hardened soldier hero trying to save the world from a bipedal tank, he is an escaped convict accused of murder. Whether he's innocent or not may remain to be seen, but in breaking out of jail, he has committed a(nother?) federal offense.
Not to say that it isn't totally fuckin' sweet. I just want to remind everybody that this guy may not be as heroic as the article jokingly suggests.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
GamerLuck said:
For a man who has been waiting so long for trial, i think he finally lost faith in the justice system... and got the f*** out of dodge in a very awesome way.

Though I shudder to think what will happen if Fox News gets ahold of this story...
Fox News: SEE! video games are evil and should be banned and are ruining America and,and,and...

They'll probably to a documentary or something ugh...

LeQuack_Is_Back

May 25, 2009
If only he'd used a magazine as a distraction on his way out, the universe would've imploded from awesomeness.

He's still a criminal though...

CobaltBomber

Sep 16, 2009
Awesome.

If he is convicted, they should distill the ashes of his massive steel balls into their military's water supply. That should help with the skyrocketing surrender rates.

clericwithnolife31

Sep 16, 2009
yet more fuel for the jack thompson fire. whats next, cops bust underground pokemon fights? woman steals high tech portal placing device, escapes confinement only to find that there is no cake?

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Well the guy is no hero and it is very terrible that he murdered two people however he could still be made into a crime fighting mercenary for hire. Since he has been waiting over four years for his trial and was able to escape from a high secruity prison using only a cardboard box, a knife, and tactical espionage action, I think he should get a couple years of counseling and then be signed as a supersoldier for the French army as payment for the crimes he comitted. Who knows, maybe he's the French relative of Solid Snake?

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
This reminds me of the Turkish prisoner guy. Which reminds me that this guy has to be called Liquid.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Someone give this man a medal, or at least his freedom. He earned that shit.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Then again, this was a French prison, and those haven't been up to much ever since the Bastille was destroyed by an angry group of housewives.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
It's really hard to read this article and pick out the truth from the bullshit!

Ah, I love it.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
If he does go back into custody, I wonder if he will use the same ketchup trick.