Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Charades

SwSlater

Nov 3, 2010
With so many people saying they want to do a video game charades, we should all post videos on youtube and link them here so that everyone can all see what people come up with.

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
Revolutionary said:
Poor I.T, that guy must do such a large proportion of the work.
Well I don't think Platform would be one to ignore the responsibility and leave him with all of it.

Havocmonster

Nov 2, 2010
Yea I'm pretty sure Platform wouldn't leave him high and dry just doesn't seem like him. But I'm sure Retro would be right back. Just as a boss there are a lot of responsibilities that he probably had to take care of at that moment :p

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I thought every fourth video was supposed to be a full episode, and last time was just a deviation of the schedule? Is it every fifth video now?

Still good, just confused about the schedule.

SwSlater

Nov 3, 2010
Charades or Russian Roulette ... honestly, I kinda feel like Puzzle might have done well at Roulette. Depends on who was playing I guess. A loaded gun, even if it only has one bullet, wouldn't be the smartest thing to give to some of the masters.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
Irridium said:
Where was yesterday's video?

Please don't tell me this show got cancelled...
this would not be the first time that both the escapist and to a lesser extent Pro gamer gauntlet have canceled a series without an immediately presented reason. That's not a bad thing in and of itself but do they realise that people notice?

satansgrandma

Nov 2, 2010
thetruefallen said:
Irridium said:
Where was yesterday's video?

Please don't tell me this show got cancelled...
this would not be the first time that both the escapist and to a lesser extent Pro gamer gauntlet have canceled a series without an immediately presented reason. That's not a bad thing in and of itself but do they realise that people notice?
I believe something went down on the PgG side of things. internal politics it would seem. they put up a post on their own forum (they do have a website) so if you really want to know what's going down go to the source. that said, they are pretty much pulling a Pure Pwnage and not saying much at all.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I really hope they can sort out whatever is going on on their end or at least give us a real update about what happened. There really aren't enough longform narrative web-series out there. Then again, it might just be the update schedule. Paul Hearding said on the Pure Pwnage forum that he's been working 80 hours a week. Just producing an episode that's the length of a network television episode once a month with a skeleton crew is hard, but to put 3-4 shorts on top of that? That's the stuff of my nightmares. If that is the problem, I'd rather see less updates with quality stuff than have them go insane to make a weekly update... Then again, with a cast that large they may even rely on the weekly update to make sure everyone gets a share.

Satansgrandma is right, this is like Pure Pwnage all over again.

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
Wolfenbarg said:
I really hope they can sort out whatever is going on on their end or at least give us a real update about what happened. There really aren't enough longform narrative web-series out there. Then again, it might just be the update schedule. Paul Hearding said on the Pure Pwnage forum that he's been working 80 hours a week. Just producing an episode that's the length of a network television episode once a month with a skeleton crew is hard, but to put 3-4 shorts on top of that? That's the stuff of my nightmares. If that is the problem, I'd rather see less updates with quality stuff than have them go insane to make a weekly update... Then again, with a cast that large they may even rely on the weekly update to make sure everyone gets a share.

Satansgrandma is right, this is like Pure Pwnage all over again.
We are trying not to become Pure Pwnage here ( at least in the sense where they dissapeared ) I assure you, things are going on with a few of the crew members where life has literally just kicked them in the balls and stood over them laughing, unfortunately they are integral to filming anything that we have scripted. We will be holding a big crew meeting here in the next day or so so we can figure out how to proceed from here. Thankfully The Escapist has been understanding of our situation and has not cancelled us yet. We just need a little time to reorganize and get moving again. We apologize for all this and hope you can bear with us. We love making this show and wouldn't be here without you guys rooting for us!

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
I really hope you guys work everything out as this was quickly becoming my favourite series on the Escapist. Like Wolfenbarg said, I'd rather see less updates with more quality than the other way around. To anyone craving more content I recommend checking out their website. There are a lot more videos there that haven't been posted on the Escapist such as the Ask a Master series.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Penn0086 said:
. We just need a little time to reorganize and get moving again. We apologize for all this and hope you can bear with us.
i was wondering where your next episode was.

O well I am a patient person so as long as it continues (eventually [you can wait a year like ask a ninja if you want]) I am happy.

Best of luck trying to figure it out

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
Here's hoping things work out for all you guys at PGG. It's such a great show and so unlike anything else on The Escapist, it would be a great shame to lose it.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Have we ever gotten any word on what the eventual fate of this was? Anyone know if they intend on coming back at some point? it is still listed as a current show under 'videos'.