Properly villainous villains

Req

May 18, 2012
Samtemdo8 said:
You right, Sargeras is clearly superior to both Warhammer's forces of Chaos
Sargeras doesn't really fit with the image of a cackling villain who's evil because he loves it. He's trying to burn the entire universe, sure, but he has a surprisingly legitimate cause to do so.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Req said:
Samtemdo8 said:
You right, Sargeras is clearly superior to both Warhammer's forces of Chaos
Sargeras doesn't really fit with the image of a cackling villain who's evil because he loves it. He's trying to burn the entire universe, sure, but he has a surprisingly legitimate cause to do so.
Well Sindri from Warhammer 40k Dawn of War is the Ultimate evil moustache twirling villain:

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I don't really appreciate the "petty evil" villain, by which I mean the villain that is so evil he goes out of his way to being the evilest guy around, even the most mundane actions: walking down the street? that is not evil enough. He walk on top of babies and puppies. It will take longer, be more uncomfortable, and it is hard to find enough babies and puppies to cover the sidewalk, but no one that sees it will doubt his evilness.

Because of that, I can't take seriously any villain whose default action is kill a random henchman just because. Sorry, but no. No self respecting villain would gather a half decent entourage by killing people at random.

Since I can't take them seriously, this prototype of villain works in settings that are not overly serious, so Dio or Doofenshmirtz are fine. But use it on a dramatic setting and my thought is not "that is a really evil mastermind", its "that guy just got demoted to thug level"

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Kefka Palazzo from Final Fantasy VI. He is the embodiment of chaos and destruction itself, bringing disaster and misery to the world, just because.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
The Plutonian from Irredeemable [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irredeemable]

The Plutonian is basically Superman, only if anything even more OP.

After years of being Earth's greatest hero, a series of setbacks, mistakes, and the stress of trying to live up to everyone's expectations make him go batshit crazy. In a matter of minutes he kills millions of people, within days its billions. He lobotomizes his own sidekick, hunts down and murders several of his former partners (and their families) and friends, and in general goes on a massive rampage.

The series gets rather convoluted, basically following the surviving superpowered heroes and villains attempting to deal with the situation. Early on it's a fairly brutal look at the whole "What if Superman went bad?" question, though.

A spin-off series, Incorruptible [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorruptible_(comics)] looks at things from the opposite end. One of The Plutonian's worst enemies, a villain going by the name Max Damage, is a supervillain who gets stronger and more invulnerable the longer he has been awake.

On the day The Plutonian goes nuts, Max is planning on releasing a plague that will kill millions of people. Witnessing The Plutonian killing hoards of people in minutes, Max is so shaken that he decides to forgo his evil ways and become the good guy the world needs -- especially needs now, as Max is one of the few people capable of going toe-to-toe with The Plutonian and surviving.

The only problem is Max has no idea how to be a good guy, the best he can come up with is to do the exact opposite of what he did as a villain, an approach that doesn't always work as well as he hoped.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
thebobmaster said:
I am really surprised no one has mentioned this one yet. In my opinion, the closest any movie has come to showing a sociopath. He has no real emotions. He's incredibly self-centered. The only thing that really gives him any sort of thrill is murder, violence, and just plain being better than everyone else. The one, the only, Patrick Bateman.

Bateman is ultimately trying to fit in in a dog-eat-dog world though, and in he pushes it to its extreme logical conclusion in his psychologically abnormal mind. He's not as villainous as extremely confused about the world, as the ending shows. To his defence, the people he surrounds himself are completely batshit as well, but simply in a way that's socially acceptable in the context of the movie's universe.

I nominate Frank Booth.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
This is probably a bit unconventional, but I'm going with Biff Tannen from the Back To The Future movies. This guy has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Gates from Full Metal Panic Second Raid. He is such a great villain, you love to want to watch him be drawn and quartered. Everything he does is just so damn entertaining.

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Slade from Teen Titans definitely belongs on there
Think about it he forced Robin to become his servant by threatening to kill his friends from the inside
Then he forced Terra to destroy her friends and really just beat the shit out of her
Even after he is K.O.-ed the dust from his mask beats the ever loving shit out of Robin again
Then he comes back as a harbinger of the goddamn apocalypse
And he is voiced by the amazingly talented Ron Perelman
[http://s769.photobucket.com/user/springheeljack298/media/Slade_001_zps3rgrgqey.jpg.html]

And of course there is Vern Schillinger
The shit that he has done throughout the series of OZ is horrifying to say the least
[http://s769.photobucket.com/user/springheeljack298/media/Vern-Schillinger_l_zpsuqk89s1p.jpg.html]

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I see that someone already mentioned Megatron in Transformers Prime, buuut...

I swear I didn't choose that just for 4:40

Funny? Hell yeah.
Sympathetic? Occasionally.
But never is he not a villainous villain. Just a villain who is sometimes at odds with other villains too, doesn't make him any less of one.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I guess I can nominate:

-Ramsay Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire)
-Stolos (Advance Wars)
-Morden (Babylon 5)
-Adria (Diablo)
-Malcolm Betruger (Doom)
-Vladmir Harkonen (Dune)
-Moldus (Farscape)
-Nergal (Fire Emblem)
-Wallace Breen (Half-Life)
-Bellatrix Lastrange (Harry Potter)
-Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
-Agent Smith (Matrix)
-Volgin (Metal Gear)
-Queen Chrysalis (My Little Pony)
-Mister Blonde (Perfect Dark)
-Lord Zed (Power Rangers)
-O'Mally (Red vs. Blue)
-Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
-Doctor Robotnik/Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Andross (Star Fox)
-Palpatine (Star Wars)
-Bowser (Super Mario)
-Serena Burns (Terminator)
-Huggy Bear (Toy Commander)
-Gul'dan (Warcraft)
-The Master (Whoniverse)
-The Morah (The Wind on Fire)
-The Wicked Witch of the West (Wizard of Oz)
-Zanza (Xenoblade)

crusador90

Nov 16, 2011
I am surprised.... astonished... flabbergasted
That this one video game villain, out of all the posts here so far, doesn't even get so much as a single mention from you people

This villain is ICONIC. But not only that. He is definitely, most certainly, 100% VILLAINOUS, with a capital "V".

He is so evil to the core that in order to increase his power and his evilness, he underwent a ritual that literally expelled all the goodness from his heart to become even more evil and he's NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE!

Who is he?

M.(aster) Bison! [Or Vega, for Japanese fans....]

He runs an international criminal organization called "Shadaloo" and has had intentions to expand his organizations reach and rule the world with an iron fist. He has used his trademark "Psycho Power" to empower himself, subdue others, and partake in a favorite little hobby of his that involves brainwashing.

Since 1991, he has been the bane of your quarters. In all of his media appearances, Bison has stolen the show, whether he's killing people's fathers, or doing it on a Tuesday morning. [He doesn't keep tabs on all this!]

How is he NOT A BAD GUY?!
And a deliciously evil one at that?!

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009

Never has there been a more loathsome villain on television.